Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Default CSS newbie/CTI vet

    first visit to CSS in april after 7 trips to COR/CTI. we have booked beach front building A or B but qualify for a upgrade. what would be an upgrade from this room if we decide to ask for it. thanks for your help and looking forward to seeing a new resort for us.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    207

    Default

    If you are like us and CTI has spoiled you in the Ocean View category, you may find the rooms in blgs, D, E, F or G more to your liking. In Dec. 2009, we booked Beachfront Jacuzzi, then found out it was wa-a-a-y back from the ocean with the Beach bar in the way! Moved to Bldg D, with a small ocean view from the balcony and that was considered a DOWNgrade...we had to sign a paper stating we requested to be downgraded. Bldgs. F or G would be upgrades, I believe. G has great views. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Oops, I meant Dec. 2008! Here are views from the BFJ and Bdg. D beach view.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  4. #4

    Default

    thanks rae_dave for the reply.after 7 trips to CTI we as really looking foward to seeing CSS. one of the main reasons we held off so long was my wife has bad knee's and has a hard time with stairs. how bad is the climb from D building. also do A or B building have all the same rooms or are there upgrade rooms in those building. thanks again for all your help.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Sorry, took me so long to answer. There were 99 steps up from the beach to our room in D block. However, you can get the van to transport you from any point to any point on the resort. No problem. A and B are pretty much all the same, I believe.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lamdam View Post
    first visit to CSS in april after 7 trips to COR/CTI. we have booked beach front building A or B but qualify for a upgrade. what would be an upgrade from this room if we decide to ask for it. thanks for your help and looking forward to seeing a new resort for us.
    The only upgrade, if you look at CSS room rates catagories, is a Penthouse Ocean Suite. We've stayed in a One Bedroom Ocean Suite on our past two stays and will be trying a Beachfront Jacuzzi Suite in 35 days.
    Enjoy your stay!
    Bart & Bug

  7. #7

    Default

    Thanks rae_Dave and Bart & Bug for all your answers we are looking forward to trying a new Couples resort for us. Every thing we have heard and read we are going to have a blast. Bart and Bug what building were you in in the beachfront suites,we asked for building A does it really matter A or B? thanks again

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Dave and Linda(lamdam)..You two will love CSS..Trust me on this..Peggy and I are sorry we will miss you two..Seek out CSS's GM Pierre Battalgia and tell him hi for Tommywommy.

    Enjoy your trip.

    Hugs

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lamdam View Post
    Thanks rae_Dave and Bart & Bug for all your answers we are looking forward to trying a new Couples resort for us. Every thing we have heard and read we are going to have a blast. Bart and Bug what building were you in in the beachfront suites,we asked for building A does it really matter A or B? thanks again
    Dave and Linda,
    You're welcome. You guys are going to love CSS. We've been to CTI and will be trying out CSA in 27 days...but CSS is still "home" to us. We're doing a split between CSA and CSS next month. We've requested the B block building on the west end. Our rationale is that A block has the Bella Vista/beach grill and water sports in front of it while B block does not (better view). Plus the Gala happens right in front of B block (good photo opportunity). The Palazzina restaurant (breakfast) is at the east end of B block so we figured towards the west end would be better (quieter in the morning). We'll be at CSS in 34 days and will gladly let you know if the location of the beachfront suite made a difference, in our opinion. You can e-mail us at ecsimson at yahoo.

    Bart & Bug

  10. #10

    Default

    Thanks for all your help on this post. We got back on Sunday and had an amazing time. After our last seven trips to CTI we thought the Couples experience could not get any better WRONG! This place now has us hooked we liked it SO much better than CTI.Could fill up this space with all we liked but it would take to long. Already called our Travel Agent about next year. Thanks again

  11. #11

    Default room view

    We are trying to book a room with a good ocean view and hopefully close enough to the beach to hear the ocean (we usually stay at CTI and that is one thing we really like). Everyone is using terms of building B,F, etc. We cannot find these terms on their map. Can someone give us the room types that would most likely give us the room we desire?

    By the way, Hi Rae. Remember us from December of 07? Hope all is good with you and Dave.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jamie&penny View Post
    Everyone is using terms of building B,F, etc. We cannot find these terms on their map.
    Here is a link to a PDF map that was posted on here a while back.
    Hopefully by zooming in you can make out the detail.

    Good luck,
    Token

  13. #13

    Default Map

    Thank you Token.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    207

    Default Hi Jamie and Penny!

    YES! I do remember you! Glad to see you are still Couples fans, as we are, too. When will you be at CSS? We will do a Trading Places in Dec. of this year, no doubt!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default How was your vacation at CSS and room location?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    Dave and Linda,

    You're welcome. You guys are going to love CSS. We've been to CTI and will be trying out CSA in 27 days...but CSS is still "home" to us. We're doing a split between CSA and CSS next month. We've requested the B block building on the west end. Our rationale is that A block has the Bella Vista/beach grill and water sports in front of it while B block does not (better view). Plus the Gala happens right in front of B block (good photo opportunity). The Palazzina restaurant (breakfast) is at the east end of B block so we figured towards the west end would be better (quieter in the morning). We'll be at CSS in 34 days and will gladly let you know if the location of the beachfront suite made a difference, in our opinion. You can e-mail us at ecsimson at yahoo.

    Bart & Bug
    Hello from Canada!
    We are going to CSS again end of August 2010. Last time we stayed in building G in a one bedroom balcony suite. We loved the location, but thought we'd try a different location, just like you. We've paid for a jacuzzi beachfront suite. I noted in your comments you've tried something else as well. How was it in building B - west side? I'm concerned about too much foot traffic and noise, versus the quietness of the other builidng. As well, there is no guarantee of a room request I see, so it could be tricky! We don't want to be on the ground floor either. We are keeping our fingers crossed regarding our request because it is the quiet season the first week of September!
    Any suggestions or advice?
    Many thanks!
    Kelly

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •