My husband and I will be going to Couples Negril on 2/4 to celebrate our first anniversary. We'll be staying in a deluxe ocean view room.

Our travel agent initially recommended and booked us for another competing hotel. However after learning about CN's Travel+Leisure award, I became intrigued and proceeded to check EVERY travel review on the web- Trip Advisor, Expedia, Travelocity, Frommers, Fodors, Caribbean Magazine and travel agency reviews (in person and on the web).
I was impressed by the consistency of the CN reviews and the passion and enthusiasm of previous travelers.

Early this morning, I called my travel agent and told her to cancel my other reservation and book us at Couples Negril. Although we paid a hefty penalty, I am so glad that we did!!

We are so looking forward to our trip. Does anyone have any suggestions on "must-dos" or tips regarding the resort? It's our first time to Jamaica and a couples resort.

I'll be sure to share details of our trip when we get back. I hope to add to all of your positive experiences.