Default Couples Negril reviews

My husband and I will be going to Couples Negril on 2/4 to celebrate our first anniversary. We'll be staying in a deluxe ocean view room.

Our travel agent initially recommended and booked us for another competing hotel. However after learning about CN's Travel+Leisure award, I became intrigued and proceeded to check EVERY travel review on the web- Trip Advisor, Expedia, Travelocity, Frommers, Fodors, Caribbean Magazine and travel agency reviews (in person and on the web).
    I was impressed by the consistency of the CN reviews and the passion and enthusiasm of previous travelers.

Early this morning, I called my travel agent and told her to cancel my other reservation and book us at Couples Negril. Although we paid a hefty penalty, I am so glad that we did!!

We are so looking forward to our trip. Does anyone have any suggestions on "must-dos" or tips regarding the resort? It's our first time to Jamaica and a couples resort.

I'll be sure to share details of our trip when we get back. I hope to add to all of your positive experiences.

Default just got back

We just got back from CN this past Saturday. The things I learned with travelling out of the country for the first time was to bring extra sun screen, bug spray, and a waterproof camera.

The catamaran cruise and the snorkeling were both very fun but the main thing is to relax. Enjoy some drinks and take in the sun. The swim up bar is a great place to get to know other couples!

I am SO excited for you!! You are going to love it. Don't worry about trying to do things, just take in the atmosphere and go with it. The only time I pulled myself off the beach or away from the pool or hot tubs was to go on the Catamaran cruise and snorkeling.(I highly reccomend these.)
    Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Try new things; food, drink, and activities. The Cat Cruise is fun, the "Glass Bottomed Boat" ride was more informative. Don't miss Lobster (Friday) Night. Eat at least 1 meal at Lychee (our favorite). Bring some nice clothes for evening wear. Plan on spending a lot of time on the beach relaxing. Then have fun and go wild.

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'll fill you in on my details as soon as we get back. Just one more week left to go!
    Suni

Quote Originally Posted by Suni View Post
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'll fill you in on my details as soon as we get back. Just one more week left to go!
    Suni
    ....The thing is; you're going to have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by Suni View Post
    Suni
    ....You can see my writeup and pics at the linc below;

http://www.couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=3969

Must do's . . .

Otaheite restaurant. Make reservations at Customer Relations up to 3 days in advance.

Catamaran cruise (aka booze cruise but ok even if you don't drink). It's a sunset cruise that is really nice. If you plan to jump off the cliff, DO NOT drink ahead of time.

Spa - great service and a wonderful way to start your vacation really relaxed. Spend the extra $$ for the treetop massage.

Just relax. The main reason we go to CN is that there isn't all that much we need to do. We want to relax . . . and it's the perfect place.

We just returned from CN on Monday. We absolutely loved it, had an oceanview room and it was definitely worth the extra $. Don't miss the snorkelling trips.....we went almost every day. Have a great time.