Thread: Golfing at CSS

Default Golfing at CSS

Hello
    Does anyone know the earliest shuttle from CSS to the golf course? I'm hoping there is a way to get to the course early to avoid playing in the mid-day heat and also to be back to CSS early enough to enjoy the afternoon on the beach.
    Many Thanks
    Niel
    Last edited by schladh; January 11th, 2010 at 12:09 PM.

Default Golf Shuttle

Should depart about 8:00 AM You won't be back until 1:30-2:00

Default golf shuttle

Niel - We played in Dec and I kinda remember the shuttle leaving at 8:15. There was a second trip sometime mid-day, but we went early. You are going to dig it!

Default Golf Course

Does anyone know if the course couples is using for the golf is the Sandals course or if they are using Breezes in Runaway bay. Last year I thought I heard that they were no longer using the sandals course because of increased rates.

They're using the Sandals GC (old name was Upton) again. My son in law played it back in early November and complained about how dry the fairways were. Niel if you want to get to the course earlier than the shuttle you'll have to pay for a taxi to and then back from the course. Could run into some bucks. But if you're not a lie in the sun kind of guy like me just relax on the course and get back to CSS for a late lunch and reflect on your round.

Quote Originally Posted by schladh View Post
    Hello
    Does anyone know the earliest shuttle from CSS to the golf course? I'm hoping there is a way to get to the course early to avoid playing in the mid-day heat and also to be back to CSS early enough to enjoy the afternoon on the beach.
    Many Thanks
    Niel
    Hi Niel, when my wife and I were at CN last year we hired a cab to get us to the course for a 7:00am tee time. The cost was $40 round trip. It was worth it to us. We essentially had the course to ourselves. Paid for the caddies in the pro shop after the round. Had the cab pick us up at 10:00 from the course and we on the beach at CN by 10:30.

I'm sure you can make the same arrangements at CSS. One tip... take some bottled water with you. The beverage cart didn't find us until we were on the back nine.

ENJOY!!!

Does any one know if you can rent or borrow just a bag at this course? I was thinking of just putting both of our sets of clubs in one travel bag and then getting carry bags there.

Kycouple that's a good question. I have a bad feeling that they'd charge you for a complete rental set. The course used to have an e-mail address so search for their website on the internet and shoot them your question.