Default Ladies!!! Help!! Bring hairdryer to CN?

Okay...so we're all concerned about packing light...I have long hair and need to know (for my first ever Couples vacation!!) if I should lug my 1500W Conair hairdryer from home along? Or, are the hairdryers in the Garden rooms a newer kind? I am getting married and will be drying my hair to prepare for my wedding style so I don't want to end up with a ball of frizz when I'm finished!!

I typically do not like the tiny little mini dryers that are in most North American hotel rooms as they not only stink when being used, but they often don't get very hot and the air flow isn't concentrated. The results of a blow dry usually aren't very professional looking!

Thanks so much for any advice!

The hair dryers at Couples are similar to the hair dryers found in American hotels. If those typically don't work well for you, you should probably bring your own, especially since you'll want to look wonderful for your wedding.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Ditto what Pamela said. I have very fine, thin hair so the hairdryers at the resort work fine. But I have girlfriends with longer, thick hair who travel with us and pack their own hairdryer.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Bring the dryer..... bring the dryer......

Although be aware that the amperage (voltage?) is lower in JA than in the US, so ever your own blower dryer won't be as powerful as it is at home.

Enjoy.

Default Take your hairdryer!!!

Definitely take your Hairdryer. The dryers in the rooms are small weak little things. Regardless of the dryer, frizz is hard to avoid in the humid climate. No worries! Enjoy your trip and Enjoy your Day!!!

Bring your own!! The dryers are great for us short haired ladies, but if you have any length or thickness to your hair, you are going to be forever drying it.
    Kristen

Mrs. Tallman regretted not bringing her own blowdryer last trip to CN. She has it added to our list for our trip later this year. Bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by TravelBug View Post
    Okay...so we're all concerned about packing light...I have long hair and need to know (for my first ever Couples vacation!!) if I should lug my 1500W Conair hairdryer from home along? Or, are the hairdryers in the Garden rooms a newer kind? I am getting married and will be drying my hair to prepare for my wedding style so I don't want to end up with a ball of frizz when I'm finished!!

I typically do not like the tiny little mini dryers that are in most North American hotel rooms as they not only stink when being used, but they often don't get very hot and the air flow isn't concentrated. The results of a blow dry usually aren't very professional looking!

Thanks so much for any advice!
    .....The bathrooms have built in Hair Dryers, similar to the "Motel" kind. Note that there are no electrical outlets in the bathroom.

I bought a small, lightweight dryer that I took with me to CSS. Would definitely recommend taking a look at these.

I made the mistake once of not bringing mine, I have curly, wavy hair, and the resort dryers do not do it for me.

my wife has long thick blonde hair. She uses hers at home every day, for the couple times she did her hair for dinner, the ones in the room worked fine. The extra bulk and weight isnt worth it. leave it home

Don't pack the dryer. I thought of bringing mine too but I think it's better then the American hotel ones. It blows strong and really hot if you put it on hot. No need to bring it.
    Honeymoonin' at CN on January 3rd - 11th!