Default Curly Hair-Humidity

Hey ladies out there, my wife is curious about how all you with curly hair handle the humidity in Jamaica? Any products out there that help you out?
    Thanks,

When are you going? I have curly hair but my hair was more frizzy at home then while I was in Jamaica. I did you lots of conditioner, and heavier hair products to keep my hair under control. While on the beach i also keep conditioner on my hair at all times, and reapply after going in the ocean. Many Jamaicans commented about my hair, because I leave it curly. More then 1 Jamaican commented that they love curly hair, and they hate to see all the tourists straighten their hair.

We will be at TI the last week of May, she too leaves her hair curly all the time!!!! (I love it) She was just curious if anyone had some ideas!!

My hair is wavy. At home, really more frizzy, and I can use products and scrunch it and get a nice curl in the summer. Otherwise, I straighten it.

I've completely given up on straightening in Jamaica. It's useless. I let it do what it wants and put some product in to just tame the curl a bit. Last time I used John Freida Dream Curls spray and let it air dry. For me, it tames the frizz pretty well.

If it is too wild - have it braided!

Braids can be washed just like non-braided hair - I kept my braids for 3 weeks after one trip!

Debbie

Keratin Coppola Conditioning Treatment prior to going. Its the best.

I rely on John Freida's Dream Curls, it's a spray and works wonders for my curls..it's really great to spray on dry to add some bounce and take away the frizzies too!

LOL!! I enjoyed Jamaica's "humidity" as it is nothing like the humidity in Louisiana where we have it MUCH worse year round! Actually, though, I just left my hair curly much of the time I was in Jamaica because my hair was wet much of the time between the beach and the hot tub (didnt go in the pool much) and the rain. Spraying product in your hair though is the best way to go. The best products are the ones that control frizz.

Kruzn

I have natural curls and don't even try to wear it anyway other than curly while in JA. I use Grahm Web "Waves Gel". It works pretty well, can be kinda heavy so you have to go easy on it.

I replied in your other thread, but in case you missed it, I highly suggest Curl Keeeper - www.frizzoff.com. It's the only product she'll need.

My hair is a combination of curl, wave, frizz, not the pretty curls, the unsightly mess, I have yet to find a product that works in JA, I can do my hair, walk outside and literally feel it frizzing and getting big, I live in hats and ponytails.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieNC View Post
    If it is too wild - have it braided!

Braids can be washed just like non-braided hair - I kept my braids for 3 weeks after one trip!

Debbie

Just a note on the above speaking from experience!, make sure you put sunscreen on your scalp where it shows from the braids otherwise she willhave a very sore scalp.

I too have curly wavy and was thinking of doing the the straight thing but after reading these , i might let it loose! Maybe just do it up for dinners. will have to look into those products! good tips!!

Just returned from CN on Monday. I have very curly hair and found that I just had to let it go curly ....tried to somewhat straighten it but within a short period of time it just got curly again. I would say try using a no-frizz product at least that way the curl should look nice. Good luck!

I used John Frieda's Frizz-Ease Dream Curls and Curl Boosting Mousse while I was there and they worked perfectly! I kept my hair wrapped in the towel for about 10 minutes to remove the majority of the water, then I sprayed it with the dream curls and applied a bit of mousse. I scrunched the curls while I was drying my hair, but I did not completely dry it. I only dried it to the point that the tips were no longer wet, so it was still a bit damp underneath. I wish my hair would look that good here in Oklahoma!

Aveda makes a product called Brilliant Styling Cream. If you have COARSE curly hair, this works wonders. (It's not so good for fine curly hair as it's rather heavy.) I combine it with their smoothing fluid and lightly diffuse my hair before dinner. Under no circumstances do I blow it all the way dry. Then let it dry the rest of the way naturally. I love what it does that way in JA. Wish it looked like that HERE as well.

Oh... I also bring my own dryer. Those piddly things in the room are less effective than my trying to blow on it myself. LOL.