Thread: CTI - Internet

Default CTI - Internet

hi all,

i was reading trip advisor and one of the receint reviews stated they had wireless internet access. can someone (who stayed at cti receintly) confirm that there is wireless internet access and if it is in the rooms and it is included?

here is what the review said:
    "We had laptop computer and wireless internet (included in the rate) worked perfect. It's not that we spent much time on internet, but it was great to check e-mails or news from home."

CTI has an internet cafe with 8 computers There is no charge to use the computers for Internet access They also have Wifi that should be available in all rooms

There's a pool bar router, a piano bar/lobby router, and there may be others. On the main block/bldg, we had good luck on the third floor with the pool bar connection. Just enough bandwidth/speed to make friends jealous over Facebook.

We we able to connect to wifi on our balcony, our room was above the photo shop.

I think it depends on how close you are to one of the hotspots.

We were in building one and could only get a signal out on our balcony.

To answer your other question, yes, WiFi access is free.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We were able to get WIFI everywhere in our room, we were ocean view right over the swim-up bar, and we had no problem at all. But, like it was said, if you can't you can go to the café and use the computers there
    Kristen

I am resurrecting this thread. Thinking about getting a laptop for Christmas so we can take it to CTI in April. Budgeting now is good!

So for any recent returnees, How is the service these days?
    mona

We were at CTI in August. We were in the main building, third floor, adjacent to central stairs. We did not have a usable wifi signal in our room. There was marginal signal on our balcony. I would take the iPad to the lobby in the morning while waiting for my wife to meet me for breakfast. I do wish that wifi was usable in all rooms. One thing I didn't know prior to this trip, nor have I verified, is that the room has wired ethernet so if you have an ethernet cable you should be able to plug in a laptop. I did see the jack, but had no way to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mona_and_rob View Post
    I am resurrecting this thread. .....So for any recent returnees, How is the service these days?
    mona

we were in 3308 in late August and got wifi in the room on our iphones (from the main lobby hub)... it varied in strenght thru out the room, but we quickly found the sweet spots.

we did see people with laptops in the lobby from time to time, so i suspect that not every room had acceptable service strength..... but you can always take it to a more public area if you end up with one that doesn't...

if you are getting a laptop strictly for travel purposes, i'd suggest picking up one of those cheap netbooks for a few of reasons... 1) they'd probably fit into the safe (not sure a fullsized laptop would?, those safes are pretty small, maybe if you angle it just so??), 2) they're cheaper and less worry should it get a drink spilled in it, sand etc 3) smaller/lighter means much easier to throw in a carry on (or beach bag) that you might be lugging around from place to place... just a suggestion tho

enjoy

We were there in September and had great internet service in our room. We were in building 4.

We stayed there in August and had wifi everywhere we went. We vowed to stay off facebook, but we couldn't resist sharing pictures of our incredible view!!

The wifi was great!
    Weddingmoon @ CTI August 2011
    Planning our return Home!

We had good service and we were in Building 2 over the internet cafe. We had a couple of down times, but nothing that was upsetting.
    Vicky

Well gosh all the responses sure makes me feel wonderful! Have I mentioned how much I missed all of you?? I have! So much that it kinda broke my heart to be here the last couple years.

Chell thanks for the suggestions!
    Sunshine and Fire that is one of my things...I would LOVE to be able to post from the resort with pictures 5 minutes old.

Default Revisiting an old thread regarding internet at CTI . . .

Quote Originally Posted by liquid View Post
    We were at CTI in August. We were in the main building, third floor, adjacent to central stairs. We did not have a usable wifi signal in our room. There was marginal signal on our balcony. I would take the iPad to the lobby in the morning while waiting for my wife to meet me for breakfast. I do wish that wifi was usable in all rooms. One thing I didn't know prior to this trip, nor have I verified, is that the room has wired ethernet so if you have an ethernet cable you should be able to plug in a laptop. I did see the jack, but had no way to try it.
    Does anyone know if the wired ethernet ports work in the rooms at CTI? I've searched the MB to no avail. Thinking of acquiring a mobile wireless router to use in the room for dependable wifi if I knew the wired port worked.

A short answer for CN would be no they do not, only wireless access is to be had. For some reason, I thought in another thread it was stated that none of the resorts had anything but wireless access, no in room hook ups. But then I could be mistaken.