Default Type of Currancy Needed !

My wife and I will be arriving at CSS(first time) 1/30/10 and we are wondering what is the preferred currency( $US or $CAN) and also are Traveller's Checks widely accepted.

We plan to go to town and visit and experience the local culture.

Any tip/advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards,
    Rich

4 more SLEPPS................WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!

the best is us dollars. $20 and down. never used travelers checks. wayne f

George Washington still has a LOT of pull in Jamaica.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

US currency is accepted. I didn't use traveler's check but US cash and credit cards are accepted. I recommend having small bills with you as I've heard they will give you change in JA money. So I had plenty of singles, fives, and tens with me and was just fine for shopping and tipping at offsite excursions. Used the credit card for bigger purchases with no problems.

On a side note: Delta and some other airlines are no longer accepting cash for snacks...funny how the bills state right on them that they are "legal tender for all debts, public and private". I guess the airlines have overruled the federal government!!!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Wally -

Not accepting cash for snacks? What do they take... credit card?

As for currency, best to remember to bring a fistfull of singles for various off-site tips... a couple bucks per bag for the airport luggage stewards and skycaps... perhaps a ten-spot for the bus driver (each way)... plus any tips for the spa (these folks are contract). Its also a nice gesture to tip the beach musicians for any requests they might play... as well as for the crew of the Cat Cruise.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    On a side note: Delta and some other airlines are no longer accepting cash for snacks...funny how the bills state right on them that they are "legal tender for all debts, public and private". I guess the airlines have overruled the federal government!!!
    Good point, Wally. I never looked at it that way. Maybe because I never carry cash anyway...

Wally is correct!! We had to put M&M's on our credit card LOL
    Kristen