Default Suba Diving Information

Hi,

My husband and I will be staying at CSS end of April, first of May.

What's the diving like? How are the dive operators? Is there a dive shop at CSS on the property?

Any particular dive sites you have been to that were your favorites.

AND if you are going to be there between April 29 and May 6 we would love to know.

Carol

Hi I have not dove through CSS but have dove with CTI so I don't know the crew but I do know they dive a lot of the same sites. The wreck, Cathrine and Devils reef have to be my favorites. Cathrine is about a 50ft dive while Devils Reef is about 90. Both areas were thriving the last time we were there and abundent with life. If you want to see some pics reply back with email and I will send some to you.

Bonnie and Mike Paradise

One last thing We will get one day of diving with you guys if you want on April 30 as we Leave May 1. They don't have a shop where you can buy stuff but they do have all the equipment for your use. We bring our own mask due to prescriptions and our own regs just because that is our preference, we have been told by other couples that all the equipment is in excellent shape

While CSS and CTI are close to each other CTi has a better dive boat so I think they may cover more of the reefs. Devils and the wall are about the best. I would suggest taking some dramamine with you as I felt sick on the boat from CSS and I usually do not suffer.

ok will add one more thing, thanks for the heads u about sea sickness, I DO Suffer from it. I don't like dramamine as it makes me sleep but a natural ginger root tablet taken two weeks before plus while you are there takes care of it. That is the only way I get through any boat diving.......Experience talking.......

We dove at CSS in Aug '08 and while it was certainly better than a rock quarry in Ohio, it's not Cozumel either. The best dive by far was the HMS Katherine, a former Bitish minesweeper. Lots of braincorals and a few decent swim through coral formations alongside. Most of the other sites were just OK. The equipment they provide is in good shape. The dive boat does not have a platform so you have to do a backflip to get in and you need to remove your equipment before climbing the portable boarding ladder. When we went they were not real anxious to take us out on an afternoon dive, but they let us dive with the resort course divers at 11am ( after having done our regular dive at 9am).

One rule that is strictly enforced is you MUST stay with and follow the divemaster. When he wants to move along, everyone moves along. There is no lingering looking for a seahorse or an unusual coral. (Someone told us it's the law in Jamaica.

All said, when we go back we will bring our C-cards.

Default Pics of the local diving

Quote Originally Posted by bonz1962 View Post
    Hi I have not dove through CSS but have dove with CTI so I don't know the crew but I do know they dive a lot of the same sites. The wreck, Cathrine and Devils reef have to be my favorites. Cathrine is about a 50ft dive while Devils Reef is about 90. Both areas were thriving the last time we were there and abundent with life. If you want to see some pics reply back with email and I will send some to you.

Bonnie and Mike Paradise
    Thanks, I would Love to see some of the pics from your dives. Fiance has concerns about the quality of the diving. We may be going in Aug 2010 to get married but her concerns are the AN and what the diving is like. Trying to convince her that all will be OK and that you dont have to go AN if you dont prefer and it is on the island and not at the resort. It sounds like a great place. any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great Day