Default Great Idea for Golfers..mail ur clubs

Folks,
    While I am not sure this can be done to Jamaica, try this.
    I have a group of 8 guys heading to Orlando for a 4 day golf getaway. Rather than pay the baggage fee for the airlines, we are shipping our clubs via that company with the brown trucks.

We get a nice coporate discount with where we work so it is costing us $27.00 each way to ship the clubs. Just go to that company that rents trucks, you know, the one that helps YOU Haul.
    They have a box called a SUB, Sports Utility Box, it is specifically made for golf clubs and then put your shipping label on it.
    We got permission to send them directly to our first course we are playing and our resort we are staying at has a daily pick up from that brown truck company, so they will ship them back for us.
    Now the $27.00 varies on how far you need to ship and it is $2.00 more than the baggage fee, BUT, we don't have to lug them through the airport down and back, well woth it to us.

Just an idea I thought I would share

Tom
    CSA in 80 days 17 hrs 25 min 31 sec

Someone previously discussed shipping luggage to the resort ahead of their arrival and Randy chimed in that they won't store it for people: http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthr...=luggage+ahead

I would think this would be in the same vein. I would also think shipping your clubs to Jamaica would be a whole different beast than shipping to Florida.

If you pack a golf bag properly (i.e., pack clothing, etc. in it with your clubs), you'd be surprised how much you can pack in it and still come in under 50#... we do it all the time when we go to visit our son in the Pinehurst, NC area. You're going to pay for a bag anyway, so why not let it be your golf clubs, if you're inclined to bring them. The rest of your gear can be in your carryon.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"