Results 1 to 4 of 4
January 26th, 2010, 02:54 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Activities Questions - Scuba, Excursions, etc.
Hey all -
We are travelling to CSS in April and are interested in several of the activities that they offer. Was hoping some of you might be able to provide some insight into questions that I have - thought it would be better than trying to sit on hold with the 800#...More than anything else we want to go and have a great relaxing time...This is our first vacation since our honeymoon almost 3 years ago and we definitely need some sun and relaxation together - but with all that CSS has to offer, I do want to take part in a few things...Just want to know what we should concentrate spending our time doing?
1) SCUBA diving - my husband and I would like to do this, but have never dove before. What is actually included for newbies? Also, can we get certified while there and if so what does that entail, (costs/tests/how long to complete/etc.)
2) Horseback Riding - I see this is only included at CTI - how much does it cost for CSS couples and what is it like, (where is the ride, how long is it, how much does it cost)?
3) Reef Snorkeling - This is included, right? Where do they take you and how long of a trip is it? Do they offer daily trips?
4) Glass Bottom Boat Ride - Where does this go, does it leave right from the resort? What exactly is it?
5) What is a Hobie Cat?
6) How is Margaritaville and where is it in reference to the resort?
7) How is Dunns River Falls and where is it in reference to the resort? How long of a trip is it?
8) Are there any other excursions that are worth looking into while there?
9) Are there any other activities to participate in while there?
Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!
January 26th, 2010, 05:38 PM #2
- Join Date
- Jun 2009
Scuba resort course - sign up as soon as possible. If you like it you can get certified for $350, I think. You will need to be a reasonable swimmer.snorkle trips s go every day, it's about an hour. The falls will take about half a day and are quite close. The driver will probably point them out on the way to the resrt. do not over schedule yourselves, go relax and enjoy.
January 26th, 2010, 07:12 PM #3
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
The only one I can answer at this point is for the scuba diving. it is about 250.00 to 300.00. It should take about five or six days to get certified.....pool and Ocean time maybe less depending on dive schedule. I got certified at CTI in 2005 and have not regreted it since. One hint I will give you is that there is book work involved and if you can get the Padi open water book and get it all done before you go it will be a lot easier, other wise you spend half your time reading. You will have to take a final exam but it actually wasn't that hard. hope this helps and hope you enjoy diving as much as my husband and I do. Bonnie and mike Paradise
January 27th, 2010, 05:37 PM #4
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
full scuba is now 365, well worth it,as it costs over 500 in CT. you can finish the whole course in 2.5 days if you are competant with your skills. then you'll be fully certified to dive the rest of your stay. You can also complete the book work at home before you get there. that eliminates the need for studying on the beach or in your room. the instructors are through but more laid back then in the states, ie swim test and treading water. don't miss the night dive its worth the money and will be the highlight of your trip.