Default Questions for Brits - re voltage

Hi Guys

Just wondering what you take out in the way of hair drying/styling accessories. Have just read a post that says the voltage is lower than the US. I have a dual voltage hairdryer and a US epi-lady. Just need some dual voltage straightners and a dual voltage electric brush. Have you any recommendations.

Thanks
    Kaz

Is this what you're looking for? This was in the CN bathroom last week.

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

The voltage is NOT lower than in the States. Whoever posted that is not correct. At times, there are dips in the frequency (US is at a standard 60hz, I believe the island standard is 50-50Hz). Most appliances will tolerate these dips, although you might notice a lower pitched buzz to your electric shaver.

Not worth worrying about, and CERTAINLY not worth buying new appliances over.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I assume that would be okay for my dual voltage appliances but my straightners and electric hairbrush are not dual voltage so I would be worried they would blow something.