Default Hello I am new - please help me choose.

Hi

My husband and I have the opportunity to have one week without the children and I have decided on Couples but which resort to choose.

The choice I think is down to either CTI or CSS, I had originally planned to upgrade to a Deluxe Ocean View at CTI but am now thinking of a Jacuzzi suite at CSS. Can't get decent pics up of Jacuzzi rooms at CTI.

Its only a week, don't think we will get the chance to do this again for at least 6 years and its costing a fortune, I don't want to get it wrong.

Oh and I need to book it by this weekend.

Thank you in advance.

My husband and I went to CTI back in November for our honeymoon and stayed in a Premier Ocean Room. We LOVED Couples and the resort and can't wait to go back for our anniversary. From the research I've done and my experience at CTI it seems that CTI is more of a hotel, but all with GREAT views which was most important for us. I think CSS is more lush and more spread out, I would love to try it out sometime. Also can't wait to get the opportunity to go to one in Negril and experience the amazing sunsets!

It all depends on your preference and what is most important to you. We didn't have a jacuzzi in our room but that wasn't a big deal for us. I heard those bathrooms are huge though! Food and people are great. I am sure you won't be disappointed regardless of what you choose. Dunn's River was fun too!

Good luck with your decision, not sure if this will help at all, but I didn't see any other replies as of yet. Enjoy your upcoming vacation without kids!!

You won't go wrong either way. You're going to have 1 week without ANY kids. Go with the resort that calls you.

The one thing you don't get at CSS is the catamaran criuse because of the reef blocking the entry to the resort. All the other inclusions are the same I think. We prefer CTI to CSS as it has more restaurants and the service is better in our opinion, also it has a separate piano bar. I'm sure you will fall in love with either of them, just ake a look athe descriptions and pictures and make a choice.

Okay I think its going to be CTI as this is the one that I have been leaning towards now need to decide whether to pay the extra for a jacuzzi suite. I liked the idea of having a small sitting room in the suite at CSS but in reality would we use it but that is what comes with the jacuzzi suite.

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    The one thing you don't get at CSS is the catamaran criuse because of the reef blocking the entry to the resort. All the other inclusions are the same I think. We prefer CTI to CSS as it has more restaurants and the service is better in our opinion, also it has a separate piano bar. I'm sure you will fall in love with either of them, just ake a look athe descriptions and pictures and make a choice.
    Actually, CTI has horseback riding, which is also not included at CSS.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Okay I used to be indecisive but now I am not so sure!!

Here's our train of thought.

AN Beach looks to be bigger than the CTI AN Island which means we can slink off to a corner for shy old me.

CSS rooms look to be a little more luxurious ie furnishings etc.

CSS rooms all have mini bars and seem to all have seating areas as they are all suites as opposed to CTI which do not have mini bars unless you upgrade to at least a suite as opposed to a room.

CSS pools look nicer and bigger than the ones at CTI

CSS has less choice of restaurants which is a bit of a let down as I do like a wide choice.

CSS does not have the CAT cruise but has hobies (whatever they might be)

Was a bit concerned that CSS would not offer water ski-ing because of the reef but that does not seem to be the case (Correct me if I am wrong)

Beach at CTI seems quite small.

So I am leaning towards CSS but am just waiting to find out whether you sacrifice the separate seating area if you go for a Deluxe Ocean Verandah Suite as the pics do not show one, whereas you get a massive seating area if you drop down to Deluxe Ocean Suite without verandah.

Just returned from CN on Monday.....loved it - had an oceanview room and would recommend over a gardenview room. I had spoken to a couple that actually moved from CTI to CN and really preferred it. Enjoy....adults only resort is great.

Default my take

If you only get to do this every 6 years....

well, some people would say go all-out and make a total splurge.

I'm of a different sort.

I say book the cheapest room possible at either hotel ....you aren't going to be disappointed.. how much time will you REALLY be in your room anyway?..and if the answer is "a lot".. then what's the point of traveling all the way to Jamaica? I'm sure there's a swanky hotel just down the street from you!

anyway, I'd be inclined to book the cheapest room and put the $$ difference into a savings acct through ING or some other on-line savings bank.. or into a CD or something.

then maybe you can afford to go back in 3 or 4 years instead of waiting the full 6!

The reason why we will possibly have to wait at least 6 years is not the finance but the fact that my youngest is only 10. My mum and her partner are moving in for the week to look after the kids, mum is 73 in Sep (albeit a young 73) so I think possibly this will be our one and only chance.

Anyway it's booked, decided not to go for the jacuzzi suite, reason being we have opted of CSS and we preferred the one bed ocean front suite. I have requested a room in either Building D or G and on a high floor - not ground. This is based on several posts that I was reading last night until 2am!

I am so excited.

One and only chance? Ha... don't count on it! Our kids have been grown and gone since 2000, and we've been back to the island a number of times since...

But good for you... enjoy your time there this go-round and then wait and see... its NEVER too late!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    One and only chance? Ha... don't count on it! Our kids have been grown and gone since 2000, and we've been back to the island a number of times since...

But good for you... enjoy your time there this go-round and then wait and see... its NEVER too late!
    By that I mean until youngest is old enough to be left but having said that maybe I had better wait until he is off our hands if we want a house to come back to!!!!

I remember what we used to get up to when mum and dad went away.

I am sure even 6 years down the road I will still be up for a bit of romance!

Firebrand- I totally agree with your train of thinking. We started out booking beachfront rooms at CN but realized that it is the exact same room as garden view with not much difference in location. We are able to go back more often now and it is virtually the same accomodations.

Couples Negril is the absolute best!! Service is great. Beach and crystal clear water is perfect. The staff are unbelieveable. I felt welcome from the moment I stepped out of the taxi upon arrival. The staff are friendly and so are the guests. Most guests I spoke with were there on return visits, one had been there 15 times. We stayed at Couples and went down the beach to see the band, Gov't Mule, every night at the Breezes stage right on the beach. The beach bar opens at 12 midnight with the best grilled jerk chicken I have ever eaten in my life. We are definitely returning to Couples Negril.