Thread: CN room upgrade

Default CN room upgrade

My fiance and I are going to be staying at CN March 21-28 for our honeymoon. We booked a deluxe garden room on a Wednesday special a few months back since that was just under our budget. Depending on how much we receive in wedding gifts and donations to our couples registry, we would like to upgrade our room upon arrival.

During this time of the year, how likely is it that there will be suites available for upgrade and about how much approximately would it cost to upgrade a room at check-in?

You can keep checking whether there is any suite availability by running a search for that room category for the dates you want or call Couples and ask how many suites are available for that time period.

If you get sufficient money b/t now and your wedding, you can always rebook for the new category.

BTW, the main advantages of the suites are as follows: (1) jacuzzi tub (really only big enough for one), (2) hammock on your balcony, (3) larger room and huge bathroom, and (4) hors d'oeuvres delivered to your room each evening. Other than that, the decor, amenities, food, drinks, etc. are exactly the same.

Consider whether the above is worth the extra $$. Only you can decide what is right for you.

Quote Originally Posted by neals79 View Post
    My fiance and I are going to be staying at CN March 21-28 for our honeymoon. We booked a deluxe garden room on a Wednesday special a few months back since that was just under our budget. Depending on how much we receive in wedding gifts and donations to our couples registry, we would like to upgrade our room upon arrival.

During this time of the year, how likely is it that there will be suites available for upgrade and about how much approximately would it cost to upgrade a room at check-in?
    Being newlyweds, save your extra money. The upgraded rooms at CN really don't give you that much - especially now that all the rooms have flat screens and mini-bars. The beachfront suites are nice, but a lot more extra money, and aren't really that beachfront.

You're not your rooms that much, and when you are, you'll probably be too preoccupied to worry about how big the bathroom is.

Quote Originally Posted by neals79 View Post

....Save your money.

I disagree with the 'save your money' statement. We've been to CN a couple of times and always book the beachfront suite and by far our favorite thing about the entire resort is the hammock on our balcony. It makes the entire trip for us to lay in it together and stare at the water.

I had the same mind set as Bruce...ave the money your never in your room anyway and when you are you don't need a whole lot of space That was until we booked a beach front suite at CN(building 6 2nd floor) all I can say is WOW!!! We booked it for our ten year anniv. What an amazing view. Of course my wife loved the extra room in the bathroom. If you would like pics email me at iahawks_rule@yahoo.com Just put Couples pics in the subject. Congrats and have fun!!If you've never been to Couples you'll soon find out why so many keep going back for years and years, we just went back for our 7th time.

Quote Originally Posted by Iselle View Post
    I disagree with the 'save your money' statement. We've been to CN a couple of times and always book the beachfront suite and by far our favorite thing about the entire resort is the hammock on our balcony. It makes the entire trip for us to lay in it together and stare at the water.
    ...Personally, I spent very little time in the room. Too much to do. On the other hand, they will be Honey Mooning....

Thanks for all the info and opinions. So from what I've gathered, the only upgrade really worth it is the beachfront suite. If a room is available at check-in is the upgrade price the difference listed between the rooms or is there usually a discount since the rooms are going unused?

I'm always on the side of doing with your money what best suits your needs and wants. For some like Rosa and me, we had no problems booking the least expensive room because we knew there would be little time spent there. But others may spend a lot of time in there or even if not, may simply want a nicer, more spacious room, or one with more amenities.

I see many posts where folks go off resort and spend money on food and drink and I'm thinking these people are nuts, we're getting all this at no extra charge in the resort itself. But maybe they just prefer to get away and sample some of the local faire, to party with tourists from other resort and with the locals. So who am I to question that?

Besides, we're planning on doing the zipline, which will likely set us back around $200 - someone else may think we're just as nuts for spending money on an activity when Couples offers so much to do at no charge.

Therefore I've come to the ultimate opinion that when you boil it down to its very essence.......it's simply all good in da Couples 'hood.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Default save your money...

We just got back and stayed in a suite. We loved the suite but at the same time I would have been okay with a regular room. We never drank any of alcohol in the room because we weren't in there very often and the jacuzzi was only big enough for one comfortably. The appetizers every night were only okay. I would rather have spent the money on other things. The best part was the hammock though. I did enjoy my afternoon naps on the hammock listening to the waves though!

Consider the Gardenview Suite. The 2nd and 3rd floors offer a view of the beach from the balcony and a lovely view of the pond (with herons and lots of wildlife). You can save some $$ and still get a suite. And it's dark starting around 6 p.m. (depending on time of year) so not much of a view after that time.

In terms of whether to get a suite, as I said, consider the benefits I stated and decide whether you want to spend the extra money on your room or spa services, excursions or the down payment for a house.

Only you can decide what's important to you and where you want to spend your money. If money is tight, personally I think there are better ways to spend it (and this from someone who has stayed in everything from garden room to beachfront suite and loved them all). However, it IS your honeymoon. If you want to make it special in every way and get enough in wedding gifts, it may be worth the splurge. You will enjoy the suite more . . . but I can't tell you how much more vs. doing something else with your money.

I think it's worth the upgrade to an oceanview room. We just returned from CN on Monday and had a lovely oceanview room.