Default Please help me with Lemongrass at CSA

We've never been to Lemongrass...always opted for Feathers. This is because we know nothing about Thai food. Can any of you experts recommend some Thai dishes that we should try? Also, what ingredients are in these dishes? Thanks so much!

The shared appetizer plate is wonderful! It has crispy spring rolls, chicken satay (skewers) and a couple of other things that have slipped my mind! It's a good way to dip your toes in the water. You know, actually I just read the menu from this site, and it gives fairly detailed descriptions. I love the pad thai noodles with chicken. Give it a try. I bet you'll like it!
    Lew

Thanks Lew. Until you mentioned it, I never realized that this was all posted online. I've had a great time browsing the menus for all the restaurants.

It can be very spicy. But you can request it to be as spicy or mild as you like. Vegetables and sea food, pork or some beef recipes. It is quite different from American fare, but also very good. If you are looking for something different and want to expand your palate then you really should try Lemongrass. Honestly, it is our favorite place to eat at CSA. We prefer the Thai food to Feathers menu even. Not that we don't like Feathers also.

PAD THAI! Pad Thai is awesome!!!!

We ate at Lemongrass last night. The appetizer sampler is great - chicken, crab cake, fried tofu, chicken satay, spring roll and egg roll. There are two different types of soups, salad, and the entrees included a lamb disher special and pad thai noodles with just about any type of meat you could imagine. Wonderful view if you get there early for the first seating at 6:30.

While I don't think the cuisine at Lemongrass is really "Thai" (more fusion) I love it anyway.

The Pad Thai noodles are out of this world... and they usually have a curry beef that is fantastic as well. And if they have the ribs, definitely get them. (It's a special and they don't always have it.) DH also really likes the coconut snapper. Like Lew said, the shared platter is yummy and I really like the Tom Yum soup with the lemongrass and coconut milk.

The ingredients are usually pretty standard in Thai type dishes:

Coconut milk, Curry (Red, Green, Yellow or Panang), Lemongrass, Thai Basil, Oriental Veggies, Hot Peppers (depending on how spicy you like) and sometimes peanuts. Then you add your choice of meats/fish/tofu. It's all very similar in ingredients but tastes different. But oh. my. goodness. Good.

OK... now you're making me hungry. LOL.

Enjoy your trip!!

v

Another vote here for the Pad Thai. It was so good that we went back a second night just to have it again.

I suggest heading toward the restaurant a little earlier than your reservation time so that you can stop at the martini bar on the way to sample what they have to offer there too.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

My husband and I have been to CSA 4 times and each time we ate most nights at the Lemongrass. We loved the food and everything else about the restaurant. You will love it!

We loved Lemongrass. The appetizer sampler was the best. I wasn't crazy about the Pad Thai, but I seem to be the only one. (I'm not a fan of the stuffed french toast at Patois either.) Forget me... just try it. I'm sure you will have a wonderful meal.

Quote Originally Posted by cypresspeeps View Post
    We loved Lemongrass...
    Thanks so much, I though I was the only one that did not care for the stuffed french toast! Everyone seems to rave about it on the message board, but it just did not appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by cypresspeeps View Post
    We loved Lemongrass. The appetizer sampler was the best. I wasn't crazy about the Pad Thai, but I seem to be the only one. (I'm not a fan of the stuffed french toast at Patois either.) Forget me... just try it. I'm sure you will have a wonderful meal.
    We had the Pad Thai at Lychee (CN) and I didn't care for it either and think maybe that is why we didn't like Lychee. Got it because everyone on here talked about how good it is...have to give Lychee another try when we go back and try something different because it did look like there were some great choices.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Thanks so much, I though I was the only one that did not care for the stuffed french toast! Everyone seems to rave about it on the message board, but it just did not appeal to me.
    Yup - Sugar overload. Just too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by cleversole View Post
    We had the Pad Thai at Lychee (CN) and I didn't care for it either and think maybe that is why we didn't like Lychee. Got it because everyone on here talked about how good it is...have to give Lychee another try when we go back and try something different because it did look like there were some great choices.
    Definitely give it another try. Chances are, there is something else that will wow you.

Do get the first seating at 6:30, if you can. They will seat you by the railing, and it is a beautiful spot to watch the sunset. In fact, before it was Lemongrass, it was called "The Sunset Deck." After we renewed our vows in 2003 (for our 25th Anniversary) we had our reception up there. As others have said, the appetizer platter is wonderful. I also love the Lemongrass coolers. This is a non-alcoholic, refreshing drink. Do try one. The cooks are very good about accomodating your spice level. I personally have enjoyed almost all of the dishes, but prefer chicken or shrimp to beef. The beef Pad Thai was too salty, for me. Hope you enjoy the romantic spot, as well as the delicous food and drinks!

Default Me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    And here I thought I was the only one. Not my bag. I'll take the Ackee and Saltfish any day over the stuffed french toast. (Actually in our 4 trips, we have only eaten breakfast once at Patois. The rest of the time, it's been the buffet at the Palms.) Yummmmmmmmmm

But I DO still love the Pad Thai.

I agree that the appetizer platter is very good. The pad Thai, not so much. We regularly eat at Thai places here at home and I think it is a stretch to call the noodle dish at Lemongrass Pad Thai. I am glad so many like it, but don't expect it to be the Thai food that you are used to eating.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJen View Post
    We regularly eat at Thai places here at home and I think it is a stretch to call the noodle dish at Lemongrass Pad Thai. I am glad so many like it, but don't expect it to be the Thai food that you are used to eating.
    One of the things we enjoy about the food at CSA is that it is so different from what we get at home or anywhere else for that matter. Agreed the Thai food is not as authentic as we are accustomed to but we enjoy the difference.

Something for new folks to keep in mind about the food at CSA is the Jamaican touch that seems to affect everything they cook. From hamburgers to Pad Thai, everything has a unique Jamacian flair that makes it different from anywhere else. Even familiar dishes will have a different flavor and zest that will surprise you sometimes.

It's all good.

Default Thanks again to my MB friends!

Thanks to all of your replies to my original question, I'm now very sure that we'll be big fans of Lemongrass! We live in a very small town in Eastern North Carolina...and don't have a lot of chances to experiment with varied cuisines. To be truthful, I tend to steer away from something I'm not familiar with...but thanks to all of you, I can at least appear to know what I'm ordering for dinner. Also, thanks very much for the tip about getting there early to enjoy the sunset! If you're at CSA the first week in March, please look for us at Lemongrass!

Default lemongrass

the first time we went to csa we did not eat at lemongrass, then next time we did and what a treat! it is truly worth it. please don;t let any presuppositions about thai food scare you away. it did for us and we regretted it after we found out how wonderful it is. you are on vacation. live it up and be adventerous, you won't regret it

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    The ingredients are usually pretty standard in Thai type dishes:

Coconut milk, Curry (Red, Green, Yellow or Panang), Lemongrass, Thai Basil, Oriental Veggies, Hot Peppers (depending on how spicy you like) and sometimes peanuts. Then you add your choice of meats/fish/tofu. It's all very similar in ingredients but tastes different. But oh. my. goodness. Good.
    Nice set of basics you provided there Ms. Vee. I'd also like to toss in fish sauce and mint as well, altho both of these are more predominant in Vietnamese cuisines.

I'm so glad Couples took a queue from the success they've had with Lemongrass at CSA and decided to pretty much replicate the cuisine at CTI's Bayside. We look forward to dining there, and it wouldn't surprise me if we ate there a couple of times.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

The curry at Lemongrass is WONDERFUL (I'm more of an Indian food girl, not much on the Thai, myself).

You can put a fancy name on it, but really, pad thai is noodles in a sauce with chicken or beef or shrimp mixed in. Don't be afraid - I have a sneaking suspicion you'll love it!