Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Cti

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Cti

    This will be me and my wife's first trip to Jamaica and we are staying at the CTI. My question is after reading a couple pf post about CTI some have said they did not like it because of the Hotel like surroundings, I would like some feedback on what is CTI really like because we feel like we might have made the wrong choice in the Couples resorts. But the way I look at it is we are going to be in Jamaica no matter if we are staying in a Holiday Inn or a 5 star resort. Thanks for the post in advance.

  2. #2

    Default

    You can't go wrong no matter what resort u choose! We stayed at CTI over New Years and had the best vacation of our lives! This coming from a world traveler who in just the last 5 years has been to...Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Venice, turkey, Croatia, Greece, Hawaii, Mexico, hong kong, and Vietnam. Trust me...u will love it!!!!!

  3. #3

    Default

    Fear not BamaDude. I doubt if you will be disapointed.
    I understand what some people refer to the resort as being "very hotel like". There are long corridors, rooms that are pretty similar in size and shape. Staff to take care of all that must be done. Yah, it's "hotel like". I find nothing wrong with that. And unless someone is looking for a more rustic setting, or single bungelos or other accomidations, I think that the vast majority of guests would agree. CTI is unlike any five star resort. It is different from any Holiday Inn. It is an experience all its own. It is unique, tropical, romantic, comforting and not like ANY hotel you have ever stayed at.

    I realize that we may be just a little bias due to our past 27 visits. There has to be a reason that people return time after time. I think that you will find the answer by the end of the first day in paaradise.

    Welcome to our family

    richie

  4. #4

    Default

    Choosing CTI will not be a wrong choice! Food, accommodations, staff etc are all excellent. You will not be disappointed. And the included offsite excursions are lots of fun. Stop worrying and enjoy your CTI vacation!

  5. #5

    Default

    I love it...it isn't spaced out like the other resorts, but there is definitely walks you can take, the grounds are perfect. We don't have to wonder around trying to find things. Everything is centrally located, the resort is small enough that you get to meet all kinds of folks, from all over, the resort had just completed a $30,000,000 upgrade, and to top it off, you won't find a better staff to pamper you!!! Trust me....you didn't make a mistake
    Kristen

  6. #6

    Default

    We have stayed at 3 of the 4 Couples Resorts, and visited one on a daypass.... Our FAVORITE is CSA. Running a very close 2nd is CTI. Even though the two resorts are WILDLY different, we absolutely loved CTI. CSA is more jungle, tropical. CTI is more South Beach Modern Tropical. It felt cool and clean and wonderful.

    The room had absolutely the most SPECTACULAR view of any room I have had. I think it rivals the nicest hotels I've stayed in as far as view is concerned, and again, it was clean and nice and just lovely.

    We never felt confined, and I thought the beach was gorgeous. It's smaller, yes, but we loved the privacy. Marvelous.

    On top of THAT is absolutely the best service that you could ever ask to receive anywhere. CTI's employees make it stand apart -- even from the other Couples where we've had wonderful service.

    We're going back to CSA in May, but I can't wait to get back to CTI as well.

    Don't second guess yourself. Have a fantastic trip!

  7. #7

    Default

    My husband and I switch off between Cti and Cn (totally different settings). You will LOVE CTI. Go and have a ball!

  8. #8

    Default

    My wife and I are some of CSA's biggest fans, but we tried CTI last year.. AND WE LOVED IT! Going back to CSA this year, but I gotta say, I'm kind of torn. It almost feels like I'm cheating on CTI with an old girlfriend.

  9. #9

    Default

    Oh BTW...

    I just read Vee's post... They nailed it.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaDude View Post
    This will be me and my wife's first trip to Jamaica and we are staying at the CTI. My question is after reading a couple pf post about CTI some have said they did not like it because of the Hotel like surroundings, I would like some feedback on what is CTI really like because we feel like we might have made the wrong choice in the Couples resorts. But the way I look at it is we are going to be in Jamaica no matter if we are staying in a Holiday Inn or a 5 star resort. Thanks for the post in advance.
    What CTI is really like has little bearing it is what it is a great resort with it own appeal as many member will promote.
    It comes down to what you like and what you are looking for
    If you see pictures of long bay beach where csa sits and say wow that is what i want then CTI will disappoint. If you wish to get nekkid and lay on a beach then CTI will disappoint( no beach for the nekkid or topless for that matter)
    If you see pictures of bloody bay where cn sits and say wow that is what i want then CTI will disappoint
    So maybe if you list your top 5 requiremenbt for a great holiday then the cti vets can share example that support or do not support your vacation needs enjoy

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steverandlinda View Post
    What CTI is really like has little bearing it is what it is a great resort with it own appeal as many member will promote.
    It comes down to what you like and what you are looking for
    If you see pictures of long bay beach where csa sits and say wow that is what i want then CTI will disappoint. If you wish to get nekkid and lay on a beach then CTI will disappoint( no beach for the nekkid or topless for that matter)
    If you see pictures of bloody bay where cn sits and say wow that is what i want then CTI will disappoint
    So maybe if you list your top 5 requiremenbt for a great holiday then the cti vets can share example that support or do not support your vacation needs enjoy
    Spot on Stever (now who says we don't ever agree?). This is why I keeping pounding the point over and over to my fellow newbs to first determine what they want from their resort - which features, layouts, locations, activities, etc, matter most to them. After they get that worked out in their heads, then they can start reviewing what each Couples resort has to offer, and of course they can also read up on all the threads in this world's best message board. And once they've done that, the resort will pretty much pick them, as the old saying goes in here.
    Ron

    Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

  12. #12

    Default

    Thanks for all the replies, I am not really worried because you know we will be in Jamaica. We will be there on Feb. 7 thru Feb. 13. Yea it is getting real close to departure time. BamaDude....

  13. #13

    Default

    I don't get all the post's that say CTI is too hotel like. They're all Hotels. I personally love CTI, she's majestic and beautiful. If it wern't for Mr Issa buying CTI then none of the Couples Resorts would exist. I feel CTI get's a bum rap from people who like little appartment like blocks set in the grounds. Personally tropical to me would be a private hut on the beach and unfortunately that is not offered with all the other wonderful inclusions that Couples give. We have been to CTI, CN and CSS and CTI offers the best ocean views of all of them and the best staff and service. Please go with an open heart and mind and you will have a wonderful time.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    I don't get all the post's that say CTI is too hotel like. They're all Hotels. I personally love CTI, she's majestic and beautiful. If it wern't for Mr Issa buying CTI then none of the Couples Resorts would exist. I feel CTI get's a bum rap from people who like little appartment like blocks set in the grounds. Personally tropical to me would be a private hut on the beach and unfortunately that is not offered with all the other wonderful inclusions that Couples give. We have been to CTI, CN and CSS and CTI offers the best ocean views of all of them and the best staff and service. Please go with an open heart and mind and you will have a wonderful time.
    Now THAT's what I'm talking about! Outstanding post.
    Ron

    Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

  15. #15

    Default

    we are also first-timers Bamadude and we will be there the same dates as you...it will be marvelous, I just know it.

  16. #16

    Default

    BamaDude: If you put a sticky-note to your forehead with "BamaDude" on it, we'll know who you are.

    We'll be going to CTI for our 8th visit on Feb. 9th for two glorious weeks. Everyone is right. It's beautiful, comfortable, small enough that you don't get lost in the crowd, the food is like a gourmet magazine food fest EVERY DAY, and above all, the staff is indescribable. They will remember you from one year to the next, they will pamper you beyond your wildest imagination, and you will be made to feel like you are the King and Queen of your domain the whole time you are there. The key to their success is that they are truly JOYFUL.

    Lay down your doubts and remember, IRIE, MON. No problems!

    Sun_princess

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun_princess View Post
    BamaDude: If you put a sticky-note to your forehead with "BamaDude" on it, we'll know who you are.

    We'll be going to CTI for our 8th visit on Feb. 9th for two glorious weeks. Everyone is right. It's beautiful, comfortable, small enough that you don't get lost in the crowd, the food is like a gourmet magazine food fest EVERY DAY, and above all, the staff is indescribable. They will remember you from one year to the next, they will pamper you beyond your wildest imagination, and you will be made to feel like you are the King and Queen of your domain the whole time you are there. The key to their success is that they are truly JOYFUL.

    Lay down your doubts and remember, IRIE, MON. No problems!

    Sun_princess
    Wow, 8 times to CTI, I am glad we picked CTI for our first tropical getaway. We will be going in March and I am so excited. I love reading all the good reviews on it. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Have a great time.

    Syd from Nebraska

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •