Thread: Marley week...

Default Marley week...

For those in the know...

The week of Bob Marley's birthday is a big week in Jamaica. This revered reggae legend is celebrated around the island with concerts and shows that feature reggae stars, old and new.

Those of you who will be in Negril will have some opportunities! For example, Julian Marley will be playing at Negril Escape on Feb. 2, and Toots and the Maytalls will be performing at Roots Bamboo aon Feb. 3.

Our budget simply doesn't allow a winter escape to our favorite beach, or we would be soooooo there!

For those of you lucky enough to have the opportunity...

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I would love to see Julian. I love his new album. I think any reggae show in Jamaica would be a treat but to see a Marley would be awesome. I got the honor to see the Wailers a long time ago and it still reigns as THE BEST show I have ever seen.

Based on past experience , Jackie at the Tour Desk will have tickets available

Hi All. we arrive at CSA on Friday, Feb 5. Can one of you point me to where you are finding the concert information? Is there a party at CSA to celebrate Bob Marley's Birthday?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

BobK....

Check the message board at Negril.com . They have some concert information there. The hawkers will also be going up and down the beach and along Norman Manley advertising the shows (its hot, hot, HOT!!)

You might also check with the concierge desk.

As far as I know, there may be acknowledgement of Bob's birthday at the floor shows at night, but no real party.
    Chris

If you really want to party it up big time for Bob's birthday, you'll probably have to find something happening off the resort. There's always plenty of stuff going on, so it will be no problem to find a good concert or "bashment". We were there for the festivities last year and it was HOT, HOT, HOT.
    nobody's favorite poster

What Cubismo and I are referring to is a particular carnival style hawker who makes his way up and down the beach (by foot and by boat) and along Norman Manley (by car) with a megaphone. His trademark cry is as ubiquitous as the "Ciiiiiiiiigarette" man.

You'll know him when you hear him, 'cuz he tells you its "hot, Hot HOT!"
    Chris