Default Skype - how much does it cost to call USA

I just downloaded Skype on my mini laptop. How much does it cost per minute to call from Jamaica to the USA? It looked to me like .02 cents per minute...........
    Thanks,
    Cindy

Computer to computer, anywhere in the world it is FREE!! The only costs occur if you decide to call a phone.
    Our exchange student called Denmark last year every weekend, for free. Now we call our friends in Finland and see and talk to them for free also. Just make sure that those you want to call have skype downloaded and ready to talk.
    skype is amazing!

Thanks for your reply! I plan to call either a cell phone or a land line. My in-laws do not have a home computer - I know it sounds crazy - but my girls will be with them so I'll have to call them on their phone!
    Cindy

just posted about this. Buy a magic jack for $20 it plugs into your laptop USB and you pay nothing per minute. Just the $20 for the device itself. We used it and had zero problems! Didn't have to dial country codes or anything. Just like making a regular call from my home. I swear by it!

Default You're right

Quote Originally Posted by Cands View Post
    I just downloaded Skype on my mini laptop. How much does it cost per minute to call from Jamaica to the USA? It looked to me like .02 cents per minute...........
    Thanks,
    Cindy
    It's about 2 cents/minute to call US numbers through Skype. With Skype, it's all about the number you're calling to, not necessarily where you're calling from.

We used Skype from CN last week, and it worked great... we even got good WiFi in our room in Building 1!

Correct - it depends where you signed up from, not where you actually are. Or buy unlimited Skype Out for a year. It used to be only around $30 for unlimited calls to anywhere in the US and Canada, cell or land line, for the entire year.

Thanks everyone. You're right - we're here now and it's 2 cents a minute to call land lines and cell phones and works great!
    Thanks Again!!
    Cindy