Thread: Camel Rides

Default Camel Rides

Does anyone know how much the Camel rides are at the Plantation trail ride? And do you schedule it at the resort or when you get to the Plantation? I've owned several horses, but have never ridden a camel.

What makes you think there are camels to ride?? Did someone tell you about it, or read about it?

just curious

richie

Never heard of any Camel rides. Where did you get info that Jamaica had Camel rides?

You can ride a camel at the Plantation. I don't have any info about how to arrange or how much they are, but we did see them there when we took the horseback riding trip from CIT in December. I'm sure you can ask when you get to the resort, and they can arrange the ride or let you know how to do it.

Yes, there are camel rides at Prospect Plantation! This is the same place where the horseback riding takes places through CTI. It's only about five minutes drive from CTI. After the horseback riding, we stayed longer at Prospect Plantation and did the camel rides as well. You can sign up and pay for it at the tour desk at CTI. It wasn't that lengthy of a ride (maybe 25 min. or so), but definitely fun and worth it. We both enjoyed it and got lots of great pics. The few different camel tours described on Prospect Plantation's website are only available through the cruise ships (I found this out after arriving) so the one that's available through the CTI tour desk is not described on the website and is basically a 25 minute camel ride with no bike ride etc. I recommend going. Have fun!

Forgot to answer your $ question...it's $57 per person.

My mother was right.. She used to tell me that you can learn something new every day. You will still die a fool.
    I learned something new anyway.
    Thanks for the update on the Plantation, it's been a while since we were there.

richie

You sure can, but they are ornery animals LOL.
    Kristen

Default Camel Rides

Thanks guys for the good info. Now that it's out there, maybe more folks will try the camels. I'm looking forward to it. My wife is the one that brought it to my attention and she's wanting to try it as well.

See ya'll in 10 days.

I had no idea that there were camels to rides in Jamaica. Good to know. One of the things on my "bucket list" is to ride a camel around The Great Pyramids in Egypt but may have to settle for riding a camel in Jamaica. Not quite the same but if you can't get to Egypt ............... Jamaica would work I guess. Definitely sounds different.
    Julie