Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Where are the "Rumrunners"? April 2010,,,

Hello all,
    I am the Newbie but I was told by a little birdie, aka Amy that there was a group going to CTI in April 2010....Should we not start a count down? Calling all Rumrunners to the MB, See you there April 4-11, double digit dancing, woot! woot!

Lindsay & Jody

Default Here we Are!!

Ah HAH -- if THAT doesn't get President Steve off his proverbial rump, then I don't know what will. I've been asking (pleading, conniving, conjoling, whining... you fill in the appropriate word) for our RumRunners thread for several months now!

Rog and I will be returning to our "home away from home" April 5 - 14! While there we'll have two major milestones to celebrate, and I'd like to officially invite all RumRunners (both old and NEW) to join us. April 6th will be our 25th wedding anniversary (gosh that makes me feel old)... and April 12th will be Rogmon's *ahem* big 50 birthday (and he SHOULD feel old - but Lord knows he just doesn't!).

We can't wait to see how COR now CTI has changed - and we just pray that the changes are all good ones..... (I'm still bugged about Bayside - but will try anything once.... just ask Rog... heeee heee he hee heee!)

OK Steve........ and First Lady Amy............ you've been officially summoned - by someone OTHER than me! Let's get it going please Lindsay and Jody.... we can't wait to meet you. We'll be the super good-looking bald-headed guy with guitar in one hand and drink in the other....... and the semi-tall blonde (with help - hey gray is the new blonde, right?)who spends her time gazing at the afore-mentioned fella... yea ok....... and drinking a Mud Cream (or 13) as well.

We're not a former RumRunner but we'll be there the 4th to 17th.

We are not rumrunners either, but we will be there April 2-5, then going over to css 5-11. This will be our 9th trip to cti and 2nd to css. We can't wait to see everyone especially Herb & Gloria abd Bill & Peg.

61 days and counting!

Denny & Pam

If you're there in April, then you're a RumRunner ....
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Welcome, Welcome Herb and Gloria and Pam and Denny! It seems as though (in my opinion) the earlier part of April will be RumRunners.... and the latter part the "April Amigos" which also seems to be more of the islanders crowd! Either way - you guys are in for quite a treat and some really great people no matter which "group" you fall in to.

Now it would appear as though Rog and I are going to arrive at CTI before the Prez and First Lady (that's so odd)..... so I guess we get to be the welcoming committee and meet the happy bus with drinks in hand! In the meanwhile, any of the rest of you that arrive on the 4/5th - we'd love to meet you and have a drink or two together!

We are SO excited, and it gets more and more real each day!

Hi everyone.
    Amy, as you know we won't be Rumrunners this year........boohoo! But we are already looking at 2011 prices, definitely be there end of March begining of April. I know you are already thinking about 2011. Have you decided what dates yet? We are quite flexible on dates for next year, and it would be great to meet up with you guys again.

lol...........now I have another year of reading this board and counting down.

Trish

Trish we will miss you guys this year!!! We have already booked a CTI/CSA split for 2011. The plan as of today is to be at CSA April 7-13 and CTI 13-19. We are still flexible and might have to adjust by a few days due to flights. We may also have to make it just 5 nights at each, but have booked 7 for the special.

The President will be on here shortly. Mr. Steve didn't sign-up or a new username when the new message board came on-line so I'm not sure what username he'll pick. Lookout though...you've all been warned

Scoop - I have been craving a Mud Cream since the last time we are at Couples together. I haven't had one since. You buy mud creams for all April folks and I'll buy vodka slushies for everyone!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Sounds like a plan *wink wink*! PS - I still dunno what I am doing on facebook - in case you can't tell........ so don't take my lack of "talking" as anything but my inexperience showing through! SO looking forward to seeing ya'll - and daggone - your 2011 trip sounds like quite the big un! Maybe we'll have to do some serious thinking about that........ I know you said CSA was one that "might" could hold a candle to our beloved COR/CTI.... but now I think you must be serious! LOL!

Woohoo, Sarah and Lee are in for the RumRunners Reunion in 2010!!!! My goodness, it has been WAY TOO LONG!

Scoop: I completely forgot about Mud Creams and now I am totally craving one. We arrive April 8th with Amy and Steve and I am definitely looking for you first in the lobby with Mud Creams in hand!

Sarah - you are so right - it has been way too long. And from what I hear/read on Facebook - I'm in for quite a treat seeing the "new and improved" Sarah and Lee........ and yes Ma'am - I'll be in that lobby with MudCreams in hand for all of us! Can't wait to see you guys and catch up on everything! We're gonna have a blast.

Order! Order on the MB! Simmer down folks! Well, I don't know who this "Steve" guy is, but Pres_Steve is back in action and counting down for a plane headed south. Hmmm, someone ought to write a song about that....

Ok RumRunners, after much time away from the MB, my productive life is on hold so I can focus intently on my MB duties and logo making. If only I had a well qualified VP to assist me. Hmmmmm...

While I get cracking on logos, let's get to introducing ourselves. A little who's who of the RumRunners if you will. I'll start...

Amy & Steve: April 8-18. 8th trip to Couples (5th to COR/CTI, CSS/CSA/CN each once).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mister Prez! Glad to have you back at the helm. I'm not ignoring your start of this "identify yourself" portion - I'm merely procrastinating until I can get a more recent photo uploaded! "Catch a plane that's headed South"......... you say? Oh yea.......... especially since there's snow all over the place here and more on the way tonight....... truer words have ne'er been spoken/written! Take me down to *begins humming instead*........... (I won't finish it - Rogmon would kill me).

OK Intro without photo: Rogmon (Roger) and Scoop (Lisa) will arrive April 5th, departing on April 14th. 3rd trip (not by choice though - would've been 6th.... sigh) - but anyhow - one long overdue and much needed trip! Son in the Army, oldest daughter in College, youngest daughter... well... she's 14.... what can I say?......dad still quite ill....... it's been a rough few years! Can't wait to catch up with the old RumRunners and equally excited to meet some NEW ones!

Question: Who's slated to arrive first at CTI? Sharon and Dave, perhaps? Just wanna be sure the correct crew assembles in the Prez's court to welcome the happy bus!

Well...y'all know how I hate my picture being taken, so no pic. But, I can tell you when we're all arriving. Ronnie and Vicky arrive on the 1st. Dave and I, Howard and Mary arrive on the 3rd. Mikey, Janie, Greg and Stacey arrive on the 4th. Rick and Cindy arrive on the 5th.

This is going to be one awesome reunion of all the Rumrunners!

Sharon

Hello All,
    I am the "pot-stirrer". We are Jody and Lindsay (the Canadians) this will be our first trip to Jamaica and to Couples. We are excited to officially become a "rumrunner". I would like to send out a special thanks to VP Amy who was my personal Couples advisor. We arrive on April 4th and will unfortunately be leaving on the 11th. Look forward to meeting you all. Scoop we will have to meet up, I am interested in trying a mud cream.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

CravinSun - Ahhh my darling.... wasn't it Yoda who said, "There is no TRY!".... you WILL have some Mud Creams, dear girl! And there's no way that we would NOT meet you -- your pictures are awesome (and aren't you a cutie?!) you guys look like you know how to have fun - and that's exactly what us RumRunners do BEST!

Sharon............ it looks like YOU are the official welcome committee then! Heee heee he he he he-- we'll come locate you at some bar or other when we arrive on the 5th then! Can't wait... especially as we push through our 4th major snowstorm in a month's time......... sigh. CTI... sounding better than I ever thought possible!

We may be too old to be running any rum, but Rosa and I will do our part anyway!! April 10th thru the 16th for us.

And for the record, like Cravinsun (Jody & Lindsay), I too am looking forward in particular to meeting Amy, who I feel is one of the most helpful veterans on this board.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Too OLD, you say? HA - rogmon will be celebrating his big 5-0 birthday while we're there, and our 25th anniversary as well. What's old......... we'll "run Rum" with the best of em, since all it has to do is run down our throats! Heee heee hee he --- you guys will love Amy and Steve, as well as Sarah and Lee, Sharon and Dave - Heck - you MAY even like US.... (lol!) God only knows who else will be showing up for the RumRunners week! We look forward to meeting you Ron and Rosa!A good time will be had by all - trust me there.... and if there's any other musicians/singers - guitars and dulcimers are making the trip as well! So - music will for sure be a part of the RumRunners time at CTI.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Too OLD, you say? HA - rogmon will be celebrating his big 5-0 birthday while we're there, and our 25th anniversary as well. What's old......... we'll "run Rum" with the best of em, since all it has to do is run down our throats! Heee heee hee he --- you guys will love Amy and Steve, as well as Sarah and Lee, Sharon and Dave - Heck - you MAY even like US.... (lol!) God only knows who else will be showing up for the RumRunners week! We look forward to meeting you Ron and Rosa!A good time will be had by all - trust me there.... and if there's any other musicians/singers - guitars and dulcimers are making the trip as well! So - music will for sure be a part of the RumRunners time at CTI.
    Back at ya Scoop. We have all the faith that we'll love absolutely everybody we meet, and in particular, all you MB regulars. Just the nicest group of people in the world.

And now that I have a better understanding of what rumrunning is....hey, we just might be some serious contendahs!!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Ah HAH - I just knew you would Ron and Rosa!!

Wait....... you didn't actually think RumRunners had anything to do with something requiring physical exertion did you? LOLOLOL - now THAT's funny. We're one laid back (lazy?) bunch - and choose to let the rum do all the work........... heeee hee he he he!

First one's on us when we meet you guys Ron and Rosa! I'll buy if you'll fly........... my mantra for our stay at CTI - and you'd be surprised how many fall for it! So as I laze around on the beach doing nothing but breathing (sort of), numerous drinks just magically show up - it's great. Heck - this year I might even take a turn getting them for others........... well......maybe, maybe not. *I'm not known for being very graceful - so the thought of me carrying more than one drink could be considered on the verge of alcohol abuse - cuz I doubt I'd make it far before sloshing/spilling/dropping....* Sigh.......

Default Oh I long for SUN......

52 more days til we are on our way.....waking up to minus 25 degrees C definately makes you wish you were in Jamaica. Scoop I will definately have a Mud Cream.

Who knew I was going to have to get a new user name, and register for the message board before I could say WOOOO HOOOO!!! this year?

Very happy to see everyone that is going this year. And to all that have been wondering, have no fear, the Prez and I have started to work on the logo ideas. Details soon come.

Now, back to looking at our reservations, and calculating how long until my first local Red Stripe.

Hey everyone!!! Glad to see all of the RumRunners on here - both "old" and new...hehehe. I figured I better start posting because if Steve does all the talking for me I could get in trouble. You newbies will understand once you meet him By the way, Steve's buying vodka slushies for everyone who meets us at the bar the day we arrive! He's so great

Let's get some more people on this meet-up! The RumRunners history goes all the way back to 2005, when a group of CTI April travelers who met on this message board, met at the resort and had a great time. We've lost a few and added a few but the fact remains, RumRunners like to relax and have fun and meet new people! It's a meet-up group like the others (April Amigos, Team CSA, April Fools, etc.) but we typically go in early April and tend to be textilers most of the time (ie - not islanders). We also have a few designers on hand so we like to make logos and print shirts. It's all in good fun so feel free to join in!

Thanks for the kind words - I'm happy to help spread the Couples word! And excited to see everyone!

Scoop - I have been craving a mud cream since we were last at CTI with you and Rogman, but I just couldn't have one without you. I'm not sure I remember what's in it actually, except good ol' rum cream!

Oh and we'll be with 4 other couples - Sarah and Lee have already posted; Emily and Nathan (2nd CTI; 4th trip); Desi and Danny (newbies, Apr.11); Ryan and Vicki (newbies, Apr.10). Should we start a list?

We've got an anniversary to celebrate, a couple of birthdays, and who knows what else? Maybe even a surprise or two....

Woohoo!!! Only 50 days (give or take)!!!!!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Okay, I know I spend WAY too much time on Facebook, but I didn't realize how bad it was until I read VP Lee's post above and was looking for the "Like" button
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    ...I'm not ignoring your start of this "identify yourself" portion - I'm merely procrastinating until I can get a more recent photo uploaded!

I have a picture of you and Rog playing in the Couples Olympics....hehehehe. I think I have video too!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast