Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Help! Nicer room or more nights?

Okay, so I am ready to book our third trip to CSA in December. The first year was our honeymoon, and we chose a beachfront veranda room, I think. It was on the second floor, and had a nice ocean view and balcony. But we kept looking at the huge verandas on the rooms that we past by while walking around. So, this past year I booked an Atrium suite. I really liked the patio, and being able to just walk out of the room from the veranda. The first room we got was not in great shape, and was very close to the road, and we would up switching the next night to a different Atrium room, which was a little closer to the beach. But here's my question...I'm totally in love with the beachfront suites with those Huge wrap-around verandas! But they are alot more expensive than the Atrium suites, and for the price difference, we could stay in a Atrium for two extra nights! So now I'm driving myself crazy going back and forth between the two. HELP, please!

If there is one running debate that a couple has when planning for their trip, it's the nicer room vs more nights dilemma. And of course the great part of it is there's no right or wrong answer.

From the looks of your post, I get this sneaking hunch that deep down inside, at least at this point in time, the nicer room is outweighing the extended stay. And if that's the case, then why not? The goal of your trip is always to make it as memorable as possible, and if that means sacrificing a night or two for a more ideal accommodation, then so be it.

Now I can almost guarantee that if you're going to go by the majority opinion from this board, then fuggedaboutit and go with the more nights option, as that's what the majority in here (including yours truly) will advise. Many will say you that won't spend too much time in your room anyway, so why not give yourself more paradise? For our particular sitch, we opted for two additional nights at relatively the same price by lowering our room categories. No regrets whatsoever - in fact, to the contrary, best damn decision we could have made!

But that's them, that's me. Only you can decide what matters most to you. And if your heart is singing out for that beachfront suite with the wraparound veranda, then the only person stopping you from booking this is you.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Take the extra nights!

We always go with more nights/less $$ room...the only reason we don't do more than the 9 day trips we now book(vs.7days)..is that it's all we can get away from our jobs...I envy our friends from Europe who go for like 1/2 a month, understanding also how far they have to travel =)

If that were me, I would opt for more days there. Never been to CSA, but I'm sure it is as nice as all the others and I would rather stay more days because we are not in our room much.
    Just my opinion.
    Karin

More nights. Not a lot time spent in the room.
    Irie Mon

I am sure most of the responses will be similar.....my opinion..if I had the time to be able to stay two days extra, I would definitely opt for the two extra days in paradise. Time is harder for me to get so I value that a lot more. Like everyone says, you spend very little time in your room, so with the choice you have......I vote for the extra days of vacation in heaven>

No need to drive yourself crazy... those wraparound verandahs are not included with all the Beachfront Suites... only three of them. And there's not guarantee that you would get one of them if you booked that category. In fact, you're as likely to get a second floor.

In our experience, we don't spend much time in the room. We always book Atriums, cuz we love 'em, and none of those is very far from the beach. But that's just us.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

That is an easy one for me,absolutely stay more nights! 2 more nights in Paradise or back to the frozen tundra, That's a no-brainer!

Just my opinion, but the resort is much larger than your room. We find that the only time we spend in our room is to sleep and for breakfast. So we would say MORE NIGHTS!!!!!! Personally we dont go to JA to see inside walls or a patio/deck.

ROCO!!!

Well, it depends on how much time you plan to actually spend in the room (and/or on your veranda.) We decided that we would rather stay longer than get a more expensive room - after all, we can hang out inside while we're at home!

Personally, I would stay the extra nights. You are not in your room that much anyway and I think the balconies are adequate in the atrium suites. Stay longer!!!
    Hope this helps!

definitely MORE NIGHTS! but then we don't spend much time in our room.
    Vicky

That's an easy one....EXTRA NIGHTS!!

I would ALWAYS Choose EXTRA NIGHTS!!!
    Art xo Francine

See? Told ya so.

It's pretty much a no-brainer for most people when deciding between better accomodations vs two additional days in paradise. And Chris brought up another point against opting for this suite in particular. Apparently there are only three of them with a wraparound veranda and they can't be reserved, so you could likely not end up with one even after paying the full price. Can you imagine how you'd feel then?

But I stick to my original opinion, which is to go with what your heart is telling you. Hopefully tho, after reading all these responses (especially Chris's), maybe your heart will have a change of heart. I know, quite corny.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Definitely extra nights! how much time is really spent in the room anyways. What difference does it make what the room looks like when you're sleeping! My vote is for more vacation time!

Default beachfront suites

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No need to drive yourself crazy... those wraparound verandahs are not included with all the Beachfront Suites... only three of them. And there's not guarantee that you would get one of them if you booked that category. In fact, you're as likely to get a second floor.

In our experience, we don't spend much time in the room. We always book Atriums, cuz we love 'em, and none of those is very far from the beach. But that's just us.
    On the website it looks like the beachfront suites look like the Atrium room, except with a fridge, and no hammock. They look closer to the beach also. Is this not true? Do the second floor rooms not have a verandah/balcony? We are still trying to figure out which room to book, as we want a fridge, but love all the windows in the atrium and do not want to be too close to the road. Suggestion?

Get the best room and the two extra days! Live it up and deal with the cost later. You only live once right?

More nights!!!!! The room to us is not that important because we can sleep & shower & keep our clothes anywhere. 2 extra nights at Couples is worth way more than any view.
    Julie

Without question... MORE NIGHTS!!!!!!

Default Thanks!

Thanks so much for all of your input and advice. I think I'm definately leaning towards an Atrium room, but I'm really hoping that they upgrade those rooms with mini fridges by the time we get there. Maybe wishful thinking. Any hey, maybe we"ll have a really good year, and we can upgrade to a better room, and keep the extra nights too! I agree with your responses though...any room at Couples is better than the best room anywhere else!

Do all of the beachfronts have the wrap around porches or only some of them?

Nothing could make us turn down the opportunity to stay a few extra days!

I would not hold my breath to see min fridges in the Atrium Suites, they put them in the room they are going to raise the price. ( which none of us want ). No question, extra nights. I was there in August, 2009 and they had done some upgrades to the Atrium Rooms, so they may be in better shape then your last visit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast