Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Default First timers April 7 - 14

We are booked!!!! Going with some great friends of ours, both first timers.

Angie and Matt from PA

Quote Originally Posted by pfb View Post
    We had a wonderful weekend a few weeks ago with our relative "new" friends from CSA. This weekend, we are spending some time with some very "old" friends. You probably aren't aware, but Paul and I met when we were in the High School Band!!! Paul was a trumpet player and I was in the Color Guard, twirled a rifle. We'll that band won the Indiana State Fair Band Contest which was a big thing, back then. This weekend, we are heading back to Indiana for a reunion of that Championship band, some 40 (yes we are old) years ago!!! We though you might enjoy a laugh -a before and after picture. Enjoy!!

chris - 166 days till CSA

Chris and Paul...

Great before picture. You two haven't changed a bit. Enjoy your weekend!

Kim and Kevin

Kim & Kevin

The Band reuion was fun and the wife was the best looking one their!! But the big downer is the Wings 3 straight losses 2 of them in overtime that was brutal to watch. I'm starting to think that _______ Tatoo of Kevins is jinxing the Wings!!! oh well.

Where is Tom!!!!!

Still counting the Days till CSA

Paul

Jamie and Dianne from New Brunswick, Canada
    March 29-April 8
    1st time to Couples
    2nd time to Jamaica
    7th time to Caribbean

Can't wait -- you "veterans" are a wealth of information!

Great pics!!!
    -Otter,

Tom is rolling around on the floor laughing at Pauls picture.

It looks like we will be booking our trip this week. As it stands now we will arrive Sat. April 17th and stay til Sun. April 25th. Mixed feelings about this one as we will miss many of our good friends who will be there before we can get there.

Welcome to Eric and June, Matt and Angie, and Jamie and Dianne. I will update the board soon.

Counting the days

Tom

Still my favorite photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by pfb View Post
    Kim & Kevin

The Band reuion was fun and the wife was the best looking one their!! But the big downer is the Wings 3 straight losses 2 of them in overtime that was brutal to watch. I'm starting to think that _______ Tatoo of Kevins is jinxing the Wings!!! oh well.

Where is Tom!!!!!

Still counting the Days till CSA

Paul
    Paul,

So good to hear all went well. Hey, where our the new updated band pictures.

Sorry about your Wings We went to a Pens games this past Saturday and they lost too. Can't win them all right?

Kim

Tom,

Add us us to the list, We are BOOKED! April 16-25.
    We too very excited but, also sad that we will miss seeing some of you this year.
    But,,,,there is always next year!!!!

Kim and Kevin
    170 days!!!!

Default 160 days!!

We are so very excited. April 7 - 14th, first Time at CSA. Matt and I are going with our good friends Rich and Lisa. We're all first timers and can't wait to go.

Angie

Tom & Dorothy, Kim & Kevin.
    After reading your posts a few things pop to mind. Firstly great news that Kim & Kevin have booked up and Tom & Dorothy are ready to book glad its all come together for you all.
    Its sad that you cant meet up with all your regular friends at CSA due to dates. However, without sounding mean it means that Jan and I get to meet you as we arrive on the 20th of April. It with be great to meet the people I have come to know through photos and posts on this great site. Looking forward to being part of the Team CSA next year.
    Kevin I guess from the picture those are BM's your drinking. Only had them once this year combined with several other shots, cocktails and beers we had with another couple we met up with. It started raining (sorry liquid sunshine) on our 2nd day at CSA so decided to make the most of the beach bar at 2pm. After the bartenders had made us all thier specials we hit the BM's. Well to cut this down, the next thing we know its 2.30am we woke up in our room still in our clothes. We dont know how we got home, we never ate as far as I know and to this day we have no memory of that afternoon. As for as the other couple the last thing they remember is Jonnie trying to get Paula up off her hands and knees as she crawled back to her room singing as loud as she could lol. Good Times.
    Looking forward to meeting you all and others from Team CSA.

See you at the bar,
    ETF Lyn & Jan

Happy to hear the 4 of you (Tom and Dorothy and Kim and Kevin) are makeing back jusy sorry we'll miss you, but yes there is next year :-(

Joe and Sue

Quote Originally Posted by amp18657 View Post
    We are so very excited. April 7 - 14th, first Time at CSA. Matt and I are going with our good friends Rich and Lisa. We're all first timers and can't wait to go.

Angie
    June and I will be arriving on the 7th and staying through the 14th also. This is our 1st visit to CSA and 3rd to Jamaica (2008-CSS & 2009-CTI/CSS). 159 days and counting!!!

Bart & Bug

Quote Originally Posted by ETF View Post
    Tom & Dorothy, Kim & Kevin.
    After reading your posts a few things pop to mind. Firstly great news that Kim & Kevin have booked up and Tom & Dorothy are ready to book glad its all come together for you all.
    Its sad that you cant meet up with all your regular friends at CSA due to dates. However, without sounding mean it means that Jan and I get to meet you as we arrive on the 20th of April. It with be great to meet the people I have come to know through photos and posts on this great site. Looking forward to being part of the Team CSA next year.
    Kevin I guess from the picture those are BM's your drinking. Only had them once this year combined with several other shots, cocktails and beers we had with another couple we met up with. It started raining (sorry liquid sunshine) on our 2nd day at CSA so decided to make the most of the beach bar at 2pm. After the bartenders had made us all thier specials we hit the BM's. Well to cut this down, the next thing we know its 2.30am we woke up in our room still in our clothes. We dont know how we got home, we never ate as far as I know and to this day we have no memory of that afternoon. As for as the other couple the last thing they remember is Jonnie trying to get Paula up off her hands and knees as she crawled back to her room singing as loud as she could lol. Good Times.
    Looking forward to meeting you all and others from Team CSA.

See you at the bar,
    ETF Lyn & Jan

Lyn and Jan,

Welcome to Team CSA!

Now as for the Bob Marley,,,,

We love them and have a few stories about them. Here's just one.
    In September of 08 we went to CSA (yes,were very lucky to go to CSA twice in one year). We were so happy to be there again and our room wasn't ready yet, so Kevin and I went straight to the swim-up bar to see our favorite bartenders. We of course had to do BM's first.
    A lesson learned that day,you should not eat at the swim up bar. You do way too many shots and not enough food. Boy, did we have fun though. Kevin really had fun.
    If he could only remember it. LOL!
    I don't know how I got that big guy back to our room that night. But the next day he had some new friends.
    Attachment 2821

See you all in April. Can't wait!!!

Kim and Kevin
    (167 days)

Default Long Time

Sorry for not replying sooner!

Yes, we are from NC so you did get that right! We are looking at everyone's pictures we are so excited to get to CSA!

156 days until we are there!!!

Hello TEAM CSA.

Time for an update and yes we were finally able to book. Both Dorothy and I are super busy right now. Along with her work and everything else she does she is busy designing and making dresses for the high school play. (just crazy what she can do). I am taking today (SAT) off from work. I am putting in 10-12 hours a day 6 or 7 days a week as we are closing our east coast plant and moving everything here to Wis. I don't mind cuz I still have a job. They took away 5% of my base wage, a week of my vacation, and any chance of a bonus this year and here we are working our asses off so the boys at the top of the corporate ladder can get their million dollar bonus'. Go figure. Enough!
    With that being said, I do not know when we will start to offer the TEAM CSA gear but I know it won't be before Dec. and most likely after the new year. We will keep you posted.

It has been a while since I have posted an update so I am sorry if I missed any one.

TEAM CSA 2010 that are already booked:

Jamie & Dianne…JamieDianne……NB. Can….3/29 - 4/8…….1st trip.
    John & Lisa………jstag4…………….Tx…………. 4/3 - 4/11…….5th trip.
    Justin & Katie……ncteacher……….Nc…………4/4 - 4/11…….1st trip.
    John & Kristin…..….jonbuscher……..Ne…….…..4/5 - 4/10…….1st trip.
    Joe & Sue……….....Fishin011……........Mi….…. ...4/5 - 4/17…….3rd trip.
    Brian & Leslie……....Brianleslie…….....Md…….... .4/6 - 4/16…….5th trip.
    Matt & Angie……..amp18657………..Pa……….4/7 - 4/14……..1st trip.
    Rich & Lisa….coming with Matt & Angie.
    Eric & June………..Bart and Bug…….OK……….4/7 - 4/14…….1st trip.
    Paul & Chris……….…..Pfb………...….Mi……. 4/7 - 4/17…….6th trip.
    Rick & Chris……….Maineiacs……..….Ma…..….4/9 - 4/17…….3rd trip.
    Ricky & Karen……...Fawnridge............Fl............. 4/9 - 4/18…….7th trip.
    Jim & Janine……...Schdyny……….….Ny...........4/10 - 4/17…….2nd trip.
    Brent & Melissa…...Goodygirl…..……Mi..............4/11 - 4/19……1st trip.
    Chad & Carina…...chrdina……….....Mo……....4/12 - 4/19…....2nd trip?
    Len & Tracy……..Readyfornegril……....Il…….…. 4/15 -4/22.…...3rd trip.
    Tom & Pam….....TomandPam………..NC…......4/15 -4/23….…3rd trip.
    Mike & Melissa.…mikeand melissa…...NY……....4/15 - 4/23…....3rd trip.
    Kevin & Kim…..Kimand Kevin………..Pa……….4/16 - 4/25……7th trip.
    Tom & Dorothy…tomdorothy…………WI……….4/17 - 4/25……6th trip.
    Randy & Sue…....Sue_and_randy…..…..Il…….…4/18 - 4/26…....7th trip.
    Tom & Erin……….Tom & Erin………..ON. Can.…4/18 - 4/27…16th trip.
    Kevin & Barb…….coming with Tom & Erin.
    Neil & Jennifer…...Isagenixfreak………Ca……....4/18 - 5/4,,,,..,,,,1st trip.
    Lyn & Jan………………ETF……………..UK…... 4/20 - 5/4…….2nd trip.

More to come.

Counting the day for real finally.

Tom

Hi TEAM,

I posted this back in May and again in July but it is time to bring it back so anyone new to all of this understands what TEAM CSA is all about.

Just a reminder:

What Team CSA is about??

In 2005 Dorothy and I celebrated our 25th anniversary by going to CSA. It was our first time in Jamaica. We, as many couples do, absolutely fell in love with CSA. On the plane home we talked about making it a yearly event. We had a wonderful time but for the most part we stayed by ourselves, which is what we wanted at that time. After we booked our trip for 2006 we decided that it might be fun to meet some couples on the message board before we went down so we started Team CSA. Many couples responded. Then when we arrived at CSA, some of the couples that were responding on the message board met in the sports bar. We met many couples that we responded to the months and weeks previous to the trip.

Team CSA is about meeting couples and becoming friends. We still have our alone time but when it is time for dinner there was always someone there to sit with and share a meal, someone to talk to while having a drink at the swim up bar, someone to share experiences with, to laugh with. And believe me, we laughed a lot. In no way is Team CSA about being loud, rude, or drunk.

After our 2006 trip, Dorothy and I decided we needed to do something special for TEAM CSA 2007. We decided that TEAM CSA needed a logo and Dorothy made up some TEAM CSA shirts. She is a professional seamstress. She designed the logo and embroidered the shirts. We sold them to anyone who was interested in them. We donated all the profits ($700.00) to the ISSA fund on behalf of TEAM CSA to benefit the children of Jamaica.

In 2008, we met many new friends. We also reunited with some of the friends we met in 2007 and 2006. Dorothy made a new logo. We again made shirts. We also added hats in 2008. We again sold them to anyone who was interested in buying them and were going to be at CSA anytime in the month of April 2008. We were able to donate $900.00 to the ISSA fund in 2008. This is something we are very proud of and hope to do it again in 2009. Dorothy and I want to again thank all who donated to this wonderful charity the last 2 years.

TEAM CSA 2009/2010

TEAM CSA 2009

My thoughts:

Dorothy and I were so busy prior to our trip that time together basically did not exist. Dorothy was repairing dresses and other outfits for the high school show choir that Olivia is involved in. She also chaperoned a band trip to Florida with Olivia in late March and we won’t even mention sewing bags and shirts for TEAM CSA. I was so stressed out (and continue to be) at work, due to the lack of work, that I wasn’t much help to her. But when that time came to load the van and head to Chicago/Couples all that stress melted away.

This trip, our 5th, was by far the best ever. It is absolutely amazing what being alone with the one you love, holding hands while walking the beach, seeing friends and making new friends, laughing, can do for a persons health and well being. I am a very lucky man to have Dorothy in my life and very fortunate to be able to take her to Swept Away.

On a number of occasions during our 9 days at Swept Away, I found myself explaining to folks what TEAM CSA was all about. All of them though it was such a great idea that many of us get together every year to reunite our friendships and do a little something for those beautiful children of Jamaica through the ISSA fund. I gave out TEAM CSA hats and bags to some on promises that they would donate. At this time, I am aware of only 1 couple coming thru with their promise. Thank you so much Joe and Sue. I am a little disappointed with the others but am very proud to say that our 2009 total at this point is now $1,200.00 with our 3 year total now at $2,800.00. If that doesn’t give all of you who donated a warm fuzzy, I don’t know what will. Remember, it is never too late to get on the Couples web site and donate to the ISSA Fund.

Now on to TEAM CSA 2010.

I know April 2010 is 11 months away but I also know it will be difficult for Dorothy and me to make this trip. We are working on a budget to do so but with our 2 kids in college in 2010 and the increasing possibility that my company may not survive the economic mess this country is in a 2010 trip may not be possible. Time will tell. I will however make this promise. Even if Dorothy and I are unable to go to CSA in 2010, we will do something for TEAM CSA and the children of Jamaica. Because no matter what our situation is, we are still better off then the children of Jamaica. I am setting a goal that the ISSA donation of 2010 is in excess of this year’s donation. Dorothy and I will do our part to make this happen but I am asking for help to make this goal a reality. I know that there are many talented people out there. I am asking for others to come up with ideas that can generate money for TEAM CSA 2010. An example being, there has to be some ladies out there that make jewelry. How about a TEAM CSA necklace or bracelet we could sell for a donation? Everyone loves hats. Is there anyone out there that can embroider hats? We did hats in 2008 but it was costly to us because we had to out source them. If someone could donate the labor we would be able to offer hats again in 2010. These are just 2 ideas. I am sure there are many of you with other talents and abilities that the TEAM and ISSA could benefit from. Post your thoughts and ideas in the coming weeks/months and let’s make TEAM CSA 2010 the best yet.

Thanks for everything.

Tom and Dorothy

As far as 2010 goes, we are now booked and ready to go back home. April is now only 6 months away!!

TEAM CSA logos from the last 2 years

Jer and De. First Trip to Jamaica and CSA. March 27-April 3.

Tom & Dorothy,

Sorry haven't kept in touch, lost my hard drive and no backup....ugh!!

Finally almost up and running, first time on the internet in weeks, need your e-mail address again, please mail me gizmo30 at prodigy dot net.

Lost my count down clock too. Have to start all over!!

CSA soon come....

The group looks good, can't wait to get back and meet everyone!

Default We hope to meet some of you

We just booked today as well for April 2010 from 3/31-4/12.
    This is our first trip here. After hearing about my nephews wedding here...we knew we had to come. Hoping to meet up with some seasoned return customers to show us a great time.
    Any advice? We are celebrating a delayed honeymoon.
    Cant wait!!!

Picture time...

Kevin just relaxing with the guys.
    Hey Paul, got any powder for my shoes...
    Attachment 2924

Team CSA...
    148 days until April 1st!!!

Hey Kevin

That was one great pool game, I think we won!!! I don't think I laughed any harder than the powder in the shoe's. What a great evening that was. The Wings are on a winning streak they won last nite 2-0, Thats two in a row!!! Gooooooooooo Ozzie

Still counting the Days.

Paul on one of our garden walks attached!!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by shelleyngary View Post
    We just booked today as well for April 2010 from 3/31-4/12.
    This is our first trip here. After hearing about my nephews wedding here...we knew we had to come. Hoping to meet up with some seasoned return customers to show us a great time.
    Any advice? We are celebrating a delayed honeymoon.
    Cant wait!!!
    This is our first time to CSA also. After trips to CSS and CTI we're looking forward to checking out this side of the island and another wonderful Couples resort. We'll be there from 7-14 April. If this resort is anything like the other two I'm sure you'll meet some great people (including those on staff) that will make your trip a blast. As for advice...come prepared to be pampered and enjoy your time in paradise!!

Bart & Bug

Default April group

Etf

we are now booked april 22nd to may 1st.

Lp and little red

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast