Default CTI - Tropical Setting?

Hello, I am curious to know from those who have been to CTI if it has a "tropical feel". We have been to CSS once, loved it, and CSA once, loved it too. We are going to CTI in one month. One question I have relates to the "tropical feel". Both CSA and CSS have their unique and quite tropical feel. I found CSA was more of a "beach" feel, whereas CSS was dominated more by the cliffs and natural ground fed springs. CTI seems to be built up closer to the waters edge with less vegetation. But, it appears that there are gardens behind, I just don't see many photos of this part of the resort. Are there nice tropical gardens? Are there hot tubs with nice vegetation, like the jungle tub at CSS? We have booked deluxe ocean view rooms and are really looking forward to the ocean views. But I am wondering about the "lushness" of the surroundings.

Thanks!

Default CTI not so lush, but scores BIG with us in other areas!

We've been to CTI and CSS--the vegetation at CSS is unbelievable, as you know. On a scale of 1-10, where CSS is a 10 in lushness, CTI is maybe a 4.5. But I hope that doesn't deter you from going! We love CTI and are heading back for the third time soon! We love the atmosphere at CTI. Have a great trip!

While CTI is a wonderful reort and we would go there in a heartbeat, when it comes to the tropical feel you are looking for CSS has amuch more Tropical Feel. Go to CSS and take advantage of trading places and you can see what CTI is like for the day

Thanks both for the replies. I have been checking out some of the other posts as well. We have already booked CTI, so it's too late to change. I think I have a better idea now what to expect. Not as lush - but wonderful ocean views. Beach - small but private. I think we'll go, try not to compare, and have a great time. I'm sure CTI has its own character.

We love love love CSA -- mainly because of it's tropical feel, and we stayed at CTI this last October. I honestly felt that it ALSO had a tropical feel, it's just CSA is tropical rainforest, and CTI is tropical South Beach. It's more modern with a cool, clean aesthetic. (We will definitely be back to CTI.)

As a sidenote, we have also spent a week at CSS, and found it to be tropical romantic. But we liked CTI much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Calm View Post
    ....try not to compare.....
    This is key! Do not go with any expectations for CTI to be like any of the others. You will LOVE it! We'll be returning to CTI April 8-18 so drinks are on us if you're there the same week
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Thanks Amy, we'll be there Mar 1 to Mar 8, so too bad we'll miss you. Hope you have a great holiday!

Just go with an open mind, try not to compare. Relax and enjoy, you will not be disappointed! : )
    Brandi

Prediction: You will be writing a rave review upon your return.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

You asked about the hot tubs. They used to have them in the "jungle" area, but now they are located at the spa and by the main pool. The spa is amazing with a plunge pool you can use also. You are aware of the biggest differences in the resorts, so go and enjoy. The staff will knock your socks off!
    Vicky

Thanks again for all your replies. Hesitations behind me, I am really really excited about this trip. We are taking my college age son and his girlfriend this year so I think CTI is going to be just right.