Default Umbrella Rentals?

Does couples resorts offer umbrella rentals on the beach for shade? My bf is not a fan of the sun. I have seen some pics of hotels where they have huge straw huts you can rent.

I have never had to rent a palapa at any of the all-inclusives that I've stayed at. I was assured by someone on this MB that there is ample shade on the beach at CTI and shouldn't be a problem.

Couples does not rent unbrellas. Yes, there has been as issue with people reserving the available shade papala (sp). Some people reserve them many hours in advance. There is ample shade available on the beach and various pools and hot tubs so not to worry

Shade at CTI is no problem, and it is for free.

Go enjoy
    Irie Mon

My husband likes to be in the sun; I have to been in the shade. We've stayed at all four Couples Resorts and have never had a problem setting up on the beach with him in the sun and me in the shade.

Couples doesn't rent beach umbrellas or palapas, but you won't have any problems finding a spot on the beach that is comfortable for you both.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Nope... no rentals... all such things are included in your price, but access to your particular spot on the beach is you snooze, you lose....
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

CTI provides shade in the form of the palms swaying over head. If you go to the main pool that overlooks the beach and want shade, sit by on the "building" side of the pool. If you are at the swim up bar, there are palms overhead to provide shade on the ocean side of the pool. If you to the island, there are pagodas and palms that provide shade. There are not rentals of any kind on the CTI beach.
    Vicky

If you get up at 4am you can grab one and leave one item on the chair to say " this is ours for the whole day", but be careful, there are some real seasoned "experts" at this game...

Couples does not have any umbrellas for rental. They do have lots of palm trees and papalas for shade.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Some resorts (CSS and CSA) have palapas on the beach, but you don't rent them - it's first come, first serve. For CN and CTI there is plenty of shade to be found from the trees. My hubby isn't a sun person either, and he burns really bad, so we just keep him lathered in SPF and he finds shade. No worries!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Kimby, no umbrella rentals, but there are plenty options for shade. At CN there are trees on the beach that I used, while the wife was in the sun, there are umbrellas at the pool. At CSS there are huts. I like laying in the shade and my wife likes tanning, and my 3 trips (4 in October) I have never had a problem.

Also... every room at Couples (as far as I know) DOES have a nice umbrella in the closet for those occasional rain showers that might be encountered.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"