Default CSA Online Restaurant Menus

Being a future 1st timer in April, I have been researching CSA's website like crazy. I am in awe of all the wonderful food choices on the online menus. I was just wondering how accurate those menus are. Do the menus change or are they pretty consistent with what is online?
    Thanks

I haven't been back in years but we are also going to be there in April. The menu did change a bit each day at the one we went to most days.

Actually, when we went in April '08, we realized that the restaurants would rotate out their menus, I think every Sunday or Monday (or maybe Saturday?).

Those are all sample menus, but they are pretty representative of the level of variety and imagination that goes into the actual menus. All very tastey! As Claire notes, the menus change daily, and may repeat over the course of a few weeks, but if you take advantage of all the restaurants and dining options, you would never know!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I found that the actual menus were more extensive. We tried them all but usually landed at the Palms most days for breakfast because of the omelet bar and fruit, the cabana grill every day for lunch because they would make just about anything you asked them to, and at dinner we tried a different one each night.

We've been here a week now and the menu at Lemongrass, Feathers and Patois has been exactly the same throughout. Not sure about Palms as we haven't eaten there yet.

Food at all three we've been to has been absolutely delicious, but it would be nice for a change now!

Quote Originally Posted by claire7676 View Post
    Actually, when we went in April '08, we realized that the restaurants would rotate out their menus, I think every Sunday or Monday (or maybe Saturday?).
    They do not rotate their menus nearly enough. I am not into buffets, and so we eat at Patois a lot. You get the same menu for 3,4,5 days in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsters View Post
    We've been here a week now and the menu at Lemongrass, Feathers and Patois has been exactly the same throughout. Not sure about Palms as we haven't eaten there yet.

Food at all three we've been to has been absolutely delicious, but it would be nice for a change now!
    YES! This! We are considering going other places because of this problem.

Off topic:

Lapsters,

Hope you catch this post. I just wanted to apologize if I had offended in any way on the thread about the chair issue. I was not meaning to insinuate anything, however my clumsy attempt at reasoning was apparently not very tactful or considerate, let alone accurate.

Respect dude.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    Off topic:

Lapsters,

Hope you catch this post. I just wanted to apologize if I had offended in any way on the thread about the chair issue. I was not meaning to insinuate anything, however my clumsy attempt at reasoning was apparently not very tactful or considerate, let alone accurate.

Respect dude.
    Irie mon - forgotten it already, courtesy of numerous Hummingbirds :-)

When we were there in November, the menus in the restaurants never changed

Are the menu choices at each restaurant really limited? I'm only asking because a lot of people have stated in the past and not just in this thread, that the menus rarely change thruout the week. Generally speaking, few restaurants change their menus on a daily basis. There may be a few specials thrown in here and there that change up more frequently, but the basic menus tend to stay pretty much the same for long periods of time.

So I'm not sure why Couples would be any different, unless as I first asked the menus offer only limited choices. Is that the case here?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Default Split your stay

Hi,

The food is exactly the reason we have split our stays between CN and CSA for several years. It's like two different vacations in one!

CN - jerk chicken from the Beach Grill
    CSA - Patois freshly made pizza for lunch! Yum!
    CN - Lychee martinis
    CSA - Feathers - tenderloin
    Repeaters Dinner: BOTH!!

Beergirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Are the menu choices at each restaurant really limited? I'm only asking because a lot of people have stated in the past and not just in this thread, that the menus rarely change thruout the week. Generally speaking, few restaurants change their menus on a daily basis. There may be a few specials thrown in here and there that change up more frequently, but the basic menus tend to stay pretty much the same for long periods of time.

So I'm not sure why Couples would be any different, unless as I first asked the menus offer only limited choices. Is that the case here?
    At Feathers for example there's about 4 appetizers and 5 or 6 entrees (I recall chicken, steak, lamb, vegetarian, seafood and veal from our recent trip).

Whilst I understand that restaurants don't normally change their menus, mostly at home you are not eating in a restaurant every night for two weeks or only having 4 restaurants to choose from. High quality food is a very important part of our holiday and we chose CSA because of the variety opf restaurants. Whilst it didn't spoil it in any way that they didn't change at all at Feathers or Lemongrass (not so much a problem here as you can mix and match sauce with meat)and only once at Patois, some variety would have been nice and we'd heard so much about the pumpkin soup at Feathers but it wasn't on the menu whilst we were there :-(

We were told on the orientation that they changed the menu every 3 days (which is what they did at Othaheite in CN when we were there 2 years ago) and I assume they could do the same at CSA if they wanted to.

We stayed 8 nights and I am a foodie - while it was excellent, I would have enjoyed some different choices after a few days. I did like though, that they posted the different menus all in one place so I could pick dinner in the morning. (BIG for me, as I love food and anticipate my next meal after my last.... but I really was expecting more of a rotation, especially since most people stay about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by bookgirlkcd View Post
    We stayed 8 nights and I am a foodie - while it was excellent, I would have enjoyed some different choices after a few days. I did like though, that they posted the different menus all in one place so I could pick dinner in the morning. (BIG for me, as I love food and anticipate my next meal after my last.... but I really was expecting more of a rotation, especially since most people stay about a week.
    That is our only issue with CSA. Other than that, it is freakin perfect.