Default Tours to take from CSA...newbies

Our first visit to Jamaica. Three couples, young fiftyish. Which tours to take?? We wanted to do Mystic Mountain and Dunn's river falls or river tubing. Are these too far away? Which tours do you recommend?

They are in Ocho Rios, about 3 hours one way but it's a great day trip and chance to see more of the island- get out of the resort and tour around a bit.
    Another option is YS Falls or Mayfield Falls which are closer, as are Black River and Appleton Rum Estate - these are less than 2 hours away - but in the opposite direction from Ochi.

I haven't done any but I was thinking about it this time since we will be there 2 days longer. I am interested in opinions or photos as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprout View Post
    Our first visit to Jamaica. Three couples, young fiftyish. Which tours to take?? We wanted to do Mystic Mountain and Dunn's river falls or river tubing. Are these too far away? Which tours do you recommend?
    For first timers to negril instead of the "canned" lets get on a bus for 6 hours tour ... spend a afternoon walking the length of long bay and taking in the vibe.. it cost nothing other then you time and what you wish to drink or eat ... or tak a cab into west end and again experience negril that is not a resort .. meet the locals sample their products. Unlike vegas nyc or paris negril is not about the thing to do as much as the people and the vibe of the area ... The one thing that is consistant across this and other JA related board is the connection traveler seem to get with negril... and that doesnt come on a tour bus ... enjoy whatever you choose

Not sure if any of the tour operators do a cross-country run from Negril to Ochi (or vice versa)... I suspect they'd stick to the coast roads. Think about that... 1-1/2 hours from Negril to MoBay, then another 1-1/2 to 2 hour ride to Ochi... and then back again. Not my idea of a tour from an all-inclusive, but that's just me.

As someone else noted, there are plenty of nice tours in the more immediate area (closer to Negril) that can get you a great feel for the island and its wonderful, strong, friendly people, and a nice long walk on the beach will be a great way to spend part of a day.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"