Default CSA rate increase

Back in December it was announced that rates would be going up at CSA. I went ahead and booked my trip based on that thinking I would save $$. Well sure enough the rates went up a little. I checked yesterday for the same dates as my trip and it was cheaper than when I booked.

Does this just happen from time to time? Is there a special deal going on?

We booked in December as well because of the comments that the rates would be increasing. I did a quick check just now and the rates are quite a bit higher now for an Atrium room in mid-August, 2010. You may want to consider cancelling the previous reservation and making a new one at the lower rate (low rate guarantee is nice!).

With the best deal guarantee, you can still get the lower price now. Contact Couples to get your rate adjusted.

I booked through a travel agent that got me a rate about $350 cheaper than advertised on couples. If I find a rate that beats the one I booked I can get that deal but I doubt I find it.

The lower rate was only listed wed night. Now it is back up again.

Did the airfare go down or did the room go down?

Great question from Iowa! I think to compare apples to apples, you need to look at Couples cost separate from airfare costs (much more volatility in airfare).

Well my trip is in 2011 so I can't even see airfare yet. Just have room booked.

"Well my trip is in 2011 so I can't even see airfare yet. Just have room booked."

Same with us---April 2011.

Before you cancel your reservation be sure they have the room style you booked still available. Also, a travel agent can also rebook for you at the lower rate, the low price guarantee is available to them also, not just if you booked on the Couples website.

Well the lower rate was only there for a few hours so I missed my chance. The travel agent had gone home for the day. But I'm gonna check everyday now.