Default How early can you make a hair appt at the salon?

Does anybody know if a 10 AM wedding at CSA is too early to get my hair done at the salon beforehand? I dont want to be late for the ceremony!!

The earliest appointment they have is 9am.

Quote Originally Posted by Suhrah View Post
    Does anybody know if a 10 AM wedding at CSA is too early to get my hair done at the salon beforehand? I dont want to be late for the ceremony!!
    I'm getting married at 10am as well. Debbie the wedding coordinator told me the salon opens at 8am. I also asked her to make the appointment for me at 8am. I hope that's correct because 9am is cutting it close.

I guess it all depends on what resort you're getting married at and I should speak particulary about my experience. When I was at CN back in November, the earliest appointment I was told they had from the receptionist at the salon was 9am. But since you can't make an appt. until you're on the resort, by the time I got down there they were already booked so I ended up doing my own hair anyways which worked out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by brittanystar View Post
    I guess it all depends on what resort you're getting married at and I should speak particulary about my experience. When I was at CN back in November, the earliest appointment I was told they had from the receptionist at the salon was 9am. But since you can't make an appt. until you're on the resort, by the time I got down there they were already booked so I ended up doing my own hair anyways which worked out fine.
    If this happen to me I would be extremely UPSET. This is my wedding and having my hair and makeup done is a must! I'm going to email Debbie and express this to her. Honestly this would ruin my day if this happened.

well if the salon is open at 8 AM at CSA that should be enough time because i will probably want something more simple done to my hair anyways... so hoping it wont take too long

Default Salon Appt

I had got married at 10am at CSA. I had my hair and make-up done at the salon. They did them both within 1 hr. I think my appt was at 8:30am.
    I took some pictures I liked from magazines.. (they also have books to look at the salon for style ideas.
    They also did my mom's hair. The salon does a great job accommodating you. I had the first wedding of the day and they had one of the girls from Couples Negril come over and do my mom's hair so we could both get in and the same time and be done by 9:15. Let Debbie know and she can put in request for you before you go down there. I had my nails done the night before.
    Here is my snapfish link to see my pictures:
    http://www5.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh..._NAME=comcast/

I am getting married at 10 AM and Debbie was able to make an appointment for me at 7:30 at CSA for hair and makeup! Hope that helps. They told me I would be able to be back in my room to get ready by 9 AM, which is what I had requested!

Quote Originally Posted by mstack25 View Post
    I had got married at 10am at CSA. I had my hair and make-up done at the salon. They did them both within 1 hr. I think my appt was at 8:30am.
    I took some pictures I liked from magazines.. (they also have books to look at the salon for style ideas.
    They also did my mom's hair. The salon does a great job accommodating you. I had the first wedding of the day and they had one of the girls from Couples Negril come over and do my mom's hair so we could both get in and the same time and be done by 9:15. Let Debbie know and she can put in request for you before you go down there. I had my nails done the night before.
    Here is my snapfish link to see my pictures:
    http://www5.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh..._NAME=comcast/

Thanks MSTACK - This puts my mind at ease. Plus I really like how they did your hair and makeup. I also have a picture of the look I'm going for and will take that with me. I have been in constant contact with Debbie via email. When will the actual onsite wedding coordinator contact me?

That's kind of disappointing that they make special accomodations only for certain guests. I'm glad all of you were able to make it work, that's awesome, however it does upset me a little to know that I was simply told I couldn't make an appointment earlier than 9am and they were already booked. Also, I tried to book an appointment before I even left for Jamaica and was told I had to be on the resort to do so, yet several people have said they made appointments through Debbie Hall before their trip. I even went to the front desk at CN and talked to someone there after talking to the salon and got no luck. It all worked out okay in the end because I found someone on the resort to let me use their curling iron otherwise I would have been in a real bad situation. It just would have been nice had someone tried to help me on my day as well, especially considering we were there 10 days in a suite so they got their money's worth from us. Basically though, just based of the experience I had, I wouldn't count on anything. Sorry, I'm just a little flustered after reading how some people got treated different and the stress I carried for 3 days until I was married, maybe it's all part of the resort you go to. Regardless, good luck to all!

Quote Originally Posted by brittanystar View Post
    That's kind of disappointing that they make special accomodations only for certain guests. I'm glad all of you were able to make it work, that's awesome, however it does upset me a little to know that I was simply told I couldn't make an appointment earlier than 9am and they were already booked. Also, I tried to book an appointment before I even left for Jamaica and was told I had to be on the resort to do so, yet several people have said they made appointments through Debbie Hall before their trip. I even went to the front desk at CN and talked to someone there after talking to the salon and got no luck. It all worked out okay in the end because I found someone on the resort to let me use their curling iron otherwise I would have been in a real bad situation. It just would have been nice had someone tried to help me on my day as well, especially considering we were there 10 days in a suite so they got their money's worth from us. Basically though, just based of the experience I had, I wouldn't count on anything. Sorry, I'm just a little flustered after reading how some people got treated different and the stress I carried for 3 days until I was married, maybe it's all part of the resort you go to. Regardless, good luck to all!
    Brittanystar - I hate that you had to go through that on your big day. I've read most of your post on the board, and find your information extremely helpful. Hopefully any soon to be brides can take what happen to you and learn from it. I don't know why Debbie would not make the appointment for you. It's as simple as her making a call to the resort. I'm still waiting on Debbie to respond to my last email. I'm going to make sure my appointment is booked before I arrive. Despite the situation with your hair, your pictures turned out FAB!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
    I am getting married at 10 AM and Debbie was able to make an appointment for me at 7:30 at CSA for hair and makeup! Hope that helps. They told me I would be able to be back in my room to get ready by 9 AM, which is what I had requested!
    Hi Tracy - So you have an appointment at 7:30am? I'm getting conflicting information on the times the salon opens. What day are you getting married at CSA? I don't want to bombard Debbie with emails as I'm still waiting for her to respond to my last one. I would prefer to have my hair and makeup done at 7:30. That would give me more than enough time and I wouldn't feel rushed.

Hi mstravelbug! Yes I have an appointment (set up by Debbie through the CSA Spa) for 7:30 AM on March 23rd. Here is the email I was forwarded by Debbie:

I’ve scheduled Tracy’s hair and makeup for 7:30am on Tuesday March 23rd. She will be finished by 9am.

Warm Regards,
    Jennifer Cape
    Regional Spa Manager
    Couples Resorts
    PO Box 3077
    Norman Manley Boulevard
    egril, Westmoreland
    Jamaica
    (t) 876-957-4061-6
    (f) 876-957-4060
    (e) sweptspa@couples.com

I hope this information helps. :-)
    Tracy

Default RE

I just booked an 8am hair appt. for my wedding in March.

Maybe they have changed the rules, now that they know this is becoming a problem.

Who knows, but it seems as though they are taking reservations by email before you arrive and earlier than 9am.

Thanks Tracy! I'm going to request a 7:30am time slot as well.

this is good to know. I was a little concerned that I would be doing my own hair, which has a mind of its own and of course when you need it to go a certain way it goes the oppposite lol

Ladies should I just email the salon myself. I have emailed Debbie and ask her to make the appointment but have not heard back.

I just emailed the salon. After reading what happen to brittanystar I want to be sure to follow up and then follow up again.

mstravelbug - keep us posted on the time you are given.

Quote Originally Posted by mstravelbug View Post
    I just emailed the salon. After reading what happen to brittanystar I want to be sure to follow up and then follow up again.
    did you ever hear back from debbie or the salon? I had emailed Debbie about scheduling hair/make up the morning of the wedding and it took her awhile to respond but 2 days later she replied with an 8:00am appointment for me (my wedding is at 10am). I hope you've heard something whether it was from the salon or debbie!

Hi Ladies - I finally heard back from Debbie and I to have a 7:30am appointment for hair and makeup. My wedding is at 10am so that gives me plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by mstravelbug View Post
    Hi Ladies - I finally heard back from Debbie and I to have a 7:30am appointment for hair and makeup. My wedding is at 10am so that gives me plenty of time.
    What a relief! Now you won't feel so rushed

Quote Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon View Post
    What a relief! Now you won't feel so rushed
    YES! My mind is so at ease now. I don't know what kind of makeup the salon uses, so I'm thinking of taking my own Mac makeup and have them apply it.