Hybrid View

Default Questions re: CTI

Golf: Does anyone know the cost for club rental and caddy fee for a round of golf? Transfers/Green fees are included - - is this a situation where you'd tip the driver, or is the driver a Couples employee?

Casual restaurant - We'll be arriving on a Monday, midday, and I'd like a recommendation for dinner that evening. We might be quite tired from the travel, so we'd like a more casual spot. Suggestions?

Excursions / Dinner reservations - We plan to visit Dunns River Falls and do the Glass-bottom boat excursion. I've asked previously regarding tipping for DRF, but what about the glass-bottom boat tour - Couples employees? Re Dunns River Falls - what's the best day to go? I've seen mention of it being busy with cruise ship passengers on certain days.

Continental Breakfast (in bed) - Does this just get left outside your door, or how does that work exactly? I'm new to this! My hubby gets up earlier than I do, and would appreciate coffee then, I'm sure . . . but I don't need someone rolling a cart into the room while I'm still snoring . . .

Thanks - I'm not over-planning, I just need to know what to expect!

Quote Originally Posted by lowelyisland View Post
    Golf: Does anyone know the cost for club rental and caddy fee for a round of golf? Transfers/Green fees are included - - is this a situation where you'd tip the driver, or is the driver a Couples employee? The driver is not a Couples employee so be ready to tip. Here's the link to information about the golf fees: http://www.couples.com/10FAQ.htm#Wha...there_any_fees

Casual restaurant - We'll be arriving on a Monday, midday, and I'd like a recommendation for dinner that evening. We might be quite tired from the travel, so we'd like a more casual spot. Suggestions? Monday night is the beach party at CTI, so head there. It's casual with lots of great food!

Excursions / Dinner reservations - We plan to visit Dunns River Falls and do the Glass-bottom boat excursion. I've asked previously regarding tipping for DRF, but what about the glass-bottom boat tour - Couples employees? You do NOT tip the glass bottom boat. These are Couples watersports staff. And you leave from the beach using hte snorkel boat. it's not an "outside" excursion, like Dunn's River. For Dunn's be redy to tip the bus driver, as well as your tour guide.Re Dunns River Falls - what's the best day to go? I've seen mention of it being busy with cruise ship passengers on certain days. You can google cruise ship schedules, but it seems that Wednesdayy and Sundays are populat cruise ship days. However, since you're with Couples, you get to bypass all of teh regular lines and head straight to the falls with your tour guide, there jus tmight be more people on the falls that day.

Continental Breakfast (in bed) - Does this just get left outside your door, or how does that work exactly? I'm new to this! My hubby gets up earlier than I do, and would appreciate coffee then, I'm sure . . . but I don't need someone rolling a cart into the room while I'm still snoring . . . The continental breakfast can be delivered at any time between 6:00am and 10:30am every half hour. They will knock on your door quietly and if you tell them through the door they will leave it outside your door. Or if you want htem to place it on your balcony, they will walk in and do that too. I get up much earlier than hubby so I usually have them hand it to me at the door tehn I carry it to the blacony since hubby is still in bed.

Thanks - I'm not over-planning, I just need to know what to expect! You will LOVE CTI!!!!
    I hope this helps! Have a great trip!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thanks, Amy, for the very helpful reply!

One more question regarding golf: are golf balls provided? If not, can they be purchased reasonably, or should we throw some in our luggage?

Just a bump . . .

About how long would 18 holes take (from time leaving CTI to return) . . .

And, still wondering about the golfballs . . .

If hubby goes golfing, I think I'll take advantage of the spa!

Bring you own golf balls, tees, and glove. They are costly. I play in my tennis shoes when in Jamaica for I do not have the extra weight of golf shoes.

The bus leaves at 8 am and he will be back for lunch, 12-1 pm.
    Irie Mon