Default CSS wedding questions (getting married in June!)

Getting married in mid-June (just the 2 of us) at CSS (probably June 19th)..

I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone who has been there can answer

1) I see that I am supposed to book a day/time now for my wedding. I've read that earlier is better for color quality of water for pictures? Do you recommend the 11am time slot for pretty water? I don't want it to be too early since I'm not a morning person and don't want to feel rushed getting ready. I really would have preferred an afternoon slot if the color of the surroundings didn't matter, so I could get a massage in the morning etc. How important is it/how much of a difference does it make at 11 am as opposed to 2pm, as far as color of water and general weather (clouds, wind, rain) I've never been to Jamaica, so I can't speak from experience

2) Do I need to choose the location of the wedding now? beach vs gazebo etc? I see that some of the locations are "upgrades" but I don't see how much $$ it costs to upgrade?

3)I like the idea of a beach wedding but I really dislike that green arch/frond thing they have in pictures. If I pick a beach location, can i just have no arch? just the beach? Has anyone else done it on the beach without the arch thing?

4)Can I buy flowers for my hair? or do I have to go to the salon and have them do it?

5) is there a spot for the groom to go for a little while before the wedding so he doesn't see my dress? or does he have to get dressed, and then just hang out at a bar or on the beach while I get dressed?

6) It says you can bring your own CD? is that for playing while I walk down the aisle? Do I just bring one song on the cd? I can't really think of a need for mult. songs.. unless I'm missing something (I'm not a wedding girl! I feel like there is so much I don't know)

7) If you had your choice, is a Friday or Sat better to get married at CSS? are there pros and cons or is every day practically the same?

I'm sure I have more questions.... but we'll start with that!

Thanks! I'm so excited!!

Firebrand,

Congratulations! We were married there in April 2008. You are going to love it at CSS and will have wonderful memories of this tropical paradise. We'll attempt to answer your questions as best we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    Getting married in mid-June (just the 2 of us) at CSS (probably June 19th)..

I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone who has been there can answer

1) I see that I am supposed to book a day/time now for my wedding. I've read that earlier is better for color quality of water for pictures? Do you recommend the 11am time slot for pretty water? I don't want it to be too early since I'm not a morning person and don't want to feel rushed getting ready. I really would have preferred an afternoon slot if the color of the surroundings didn't matter, so I could get a massage in the morning etc. How important is it/how much of a difference does it make at 11 am as opposed to 2pm, as far as color of water and general weather (clouds, wind, rain) I've never been to Jamaica, so I can't speak from experience
    We were marred at 3 PM and the pictures came out great. Not sure if the time of day matters. We did the his/her massage the morning of our wedding and it really helped us to relax and enjoy the rest of the day. If you're not a morning person maybe it'd be best to choose an early or mid-afternoon wedding time.

2) Do I need to choose the location of the wedding now? beach vs gazebo etc? I see that some of the locations are "upgrades" but I don't see how much $$ it costs to upgrade?
    You choose the time and date before you go but you choose the location after arrival while meeting with your wedding planner, Nadia. The only "upgrade" we're aware of is the sunset wedding. The price is listed in the wedding section but can't remember off right off. We didn't think it was worth it as we got married in the wedding gazebo...very romantic!

3)I like the idea of a beach wedding but I really dislike that green arch/frond thing they have in pictures. If I pick a beach location, can i just have no arch? just the beach? Has anyone else done it on the beach without the arch thing?
    You don't have to do the arch if you want a beach wedding. We've seen people do theirs without it. You'll be able to coordinate everything with Nadia at CSS.

4)Can I buy flowers for my hair? or do I have to go to the salon and have them do it?
    Can't answer that one as I didn't do that.

5) is there a spot for the groom to go for a little while before the wedding so he doesn't see my dress? or does he have to get dressed, and then just hang out at a bar or on the beach while I get dressed?
    The groom gets dressed in the room and then meets with the wedding coordinator and minister while the bride dresses.

6) It says you can bring your own CD? is that for playing while I walk down the aisle? Do I just bring one song on the cd? I can't really think of a need for mult. songs.. unless I'm missing something (I'm not a wedding girl! I feel like there is so much I don't know)
    The CD is for your music you want to use during the wedding. We brought one with 4 songs on it. One for the procession, another for during the ceremony (first kiss), the third for recession and one for during the reception. We had our wedding videotaped and wanted some music in it. If you don't bring your own they have some there you can choose from.

7) If you had your choice, is a Friday or Sat better to get married at CSS? are there pros and cons or is every day practically the same?
    Can't say there's anything different about having it on a particular day. It'll be your special day and that's what matters.
    I'm sure I have more questions.... but we'll start with that!

Thanks! I'm so excited!!
    Best wishes for a beautiful wedding,
    Bart & Bug

Hi! My husband and I got married at CSS in June 09...it was amazing and exceeded every expectation. Here's my input on your questions and here's the link to our photos: http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailsh..._NAME=comcast/
    Also feel free to email me: hamm.kt@gmail.com

1) I see that I am supposed to book a day/time now for my wedding. I've read that earlier is better for color quality of water for pictures? Do you recommend the 11am time slot for pretty water? I don't want it to be too early since I'm not a morning person and don't want to feel rushed getting ready. I really would have preferred an afternoon slot if the color of the surroundings didn't matter, so I could get a massage in the morning etc. How important is it/how much of a difference does it make at 11 am as opposed to 2pm, as far as color of water and general weather (clouds, wind, rain) I've never been to Jamaica, so I can't speak from experience. I thought the weather was variable...and I dont know that you can really plan it...some mornings it sprinkled and as cloudy other mornings it was beautiful. We choose the 4pm time slot because it worked best for our plans (we had 20 quests). It ended up being cloudy and the water was not that "ice" blue...but in the end that was the least of my concerns although I stressed about the water color SOOO much! In the end, I just wanted to marry my husband...the other stuff didnt matter.

2) Do I need to choose the location of the wedding now? beach vs gazebo etc? I see that some of the locations are "upgrades" but I don't see how much $$ it costs to upgrade? I always wanted to get married on the baech, so that was an easy decision for me, but the gazebo is so beautiful too!!! We choose an upgraded arch, it was $250 a little pricy..but I thought with all the money we were saving overall it was worth it. Another couple got married in the gazebo that day and they wrapped flowers all around it, it was beautiful too.

3)I like the idea of a beach wedding but I really dislike that green arch/frond thing they have in pictures. If I pick a beach location, can i just have no arch? just the beach? Has anyone else done it on the beach without the arch thing? I dont know why they wouldnt let you have no arch, I didnt like the green arch either, I just wanted the white fabric, didnt know how I'd feel about the flowers, but I ended up loving it.

4)Can I buy flowers for my hair? or do I have to go to the salon and have them do it? I bought the flowers for my hair (I think like $10) nothing crazy. I did get my hair done in the salon, but I'm sure you can just the coordination you want them sent to your room and they'll do that.

5) is there a spot for the groom to go for a little while before the wedding so he doesn't see my dress? or does he have to get dressed, and then just hang out at a bar or on the beach while I get dressed? Sorry...no suggestions...I got ready in a friends room.

6) It says you can bring your own CD? is that for playing while I walk down the aisle? Do I just bring one song on the cd? I can't really think of a need for mult. songs.. unless I'm missing something (I'm not a wedding girl! I feel like there is so much I don't know) I wasnt sure what to do about this either...I wasnt really into the whole wedding stuff either. My husband and I choose a song to start when he walked in, one that I walked into, and one that started after we kissed and walked back down.

7) If you had your choice, is a Friday or Sat better to get married at CSS? are there pros and cons or is every day practically the same? The only thing I can recommened for this is Friday was the "Gala", it's a big party/dinner by the beach with music, ect. I dont think any of the resturants serve dinner that night because of the Gala, but I think you can still get room service. So I'm not sure what you had planned for the evening, but the Gala is lots of fun...it's just not private if that's what you're looking for.

I hope that helps some. I had so many questions and talked to so many people before the wedding because I'm such a "planner" but not a "wedding" person. In the end, it was perfect and I wouldnt change a thing! Please feel free to email and I can answer anything else!