Default Honeymoon in July...are we crazy? And which resort?

Hi Guys!
    New to the message board and first timers and Couples as well! The future hubby and I will be getting married end of June and I have had my heart set on a Couples resort for our honeymoon for many years.

Are we crazy to honeymoon in July? Will the weather be stinkin' hot and is there much of a difference in weather between Negril and Ocho Rios? Our other option is November, but that's so long to wait and I would like to be in Jamaica...oh, YESTERDAY!

Also, we want very different things out of this vacation, is there a resort that will make us both happy? I love the beach, and definitely want to spend lots of time lying on the beach and walking along the beach. We're both foodies but it sounds like you can't go wrong with food at any of the resorts. So, I am thinking the Negril side would be better for me, but future hubby wants to do a bunch of excursions like zip-lining and maybe a trip into a city. I am thinking perhaps the OR side would be more up his alley. I think CSS will be too small and too spread out for us, but otherwise I am TOTALLY stuck! They all drawn me in for different reasons.

Heeelp!

We are from Dallas so we may be a bit warped when it comes to too hot but...due to work committments we have 2 small windows a year when it is good for us to travel one in June and one at the end of August beginning of September. Yes it is hot (but not as hot as at home) but if you get warm jump in the water for a bit to cool down - there are lots of frozen beverages available to keep you cool too.

I love the beauty of the beaches in Negril but prefer the privacy of the beaches in OR. We like CSS better than CTI because CSS is so spread out - not sure what you mean by too small - the number of rooms maybe because the property is quite large. I am amazed at all the people at the Starlight Gala because I until then I would have sworn there were a couple of dozen people at the resort and then you show up at the Gala and there are a ton of people there and you wonder where they have been hiding!

Amy

Hardly warped... actually, a good idea if you're on a budget...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Don't worry about the heat. This chart of the monthly average high and low temperatures may help:

We loved CN the most of the 4 resorts, with CSS coming in a close second. Either would be perfect for a honeymoon!
    Last edited by Wally; February 1st, 2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Typo
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We actually love going to Couples CN in July. We have been three times. I never once thought it was too hot. I love being able to get in the water in the morning and staying till night. We are booking another July trip this year. You will have the time of your life.

Go to CSA!!! Thats where FH and I will be in July too for our honeymoon. I cannot wait! Jeff is more into going on the tours and water sports etc. and I like laying on the beach and enjoying the sun and I feel that CSA is perfect for both. I think the weather will be just fine.

When are you guys getting married??
    Soon to be Mrs. Merritt ~*~ June 26th, 2010
    CSA for our Honeymoon! So excited!

Ah, thanks Wally! Wow, the temperature stays pretty consistent. 88 is totally fine!

Surprisingly July is actually about $500 more expensive than our other option, November. I thought July would be cheaper since it's summer in the US as well so no need to vacation somewhere warm but I was wrong!

I did mean CSS being too big as in spread out. I have read about the millions of stairs! I truly feel more drawn to the Negril side but I think my fiance would be happier in OR with a few more activities included.

Hey Ashley, I think CSA might be 'it'!! I was first drawn to it the most, then crossed it off the list because it was the most expensive. But those dark slats and whit linens can't be ignored anymore...I'm going to call them today to find out which room would be best! I want first floor, close to the activity and DEFINITELY a hammock.

We're getting married June 26, how about you? Which week are you going? It would be great to "know" someone before even getting there!

consider negril if
    1) you want to see incredible sunsets negril is on the western side of the island and is know for it sunsets
    2) great beach either long bay of bloody bay some will argue which is better but either one is top shelf
    3) cool vibe .. if you do venture off the resort negril is a very cool place to just putz around meet some locals and let negril rain over you ... hard to put into words and it may be different for everyone but the negril vibe is present and you will either get it or not
    enjoy

I think the reason travel dates are cheaper the end of August until November is because it is prime hurricane season. Hurricane season is actually all summer, but those times are the prime times. We went to CSA the end of August and LOVED it. Hot, yes. We were there the week the workers stated had been the hottest of the year. As long as you love the beach, do not worry about it.

Default see you there

Hey! We are going to CSA too. July 11-18. It is going to be our honeymoon/wedding.

We will be making our second trip to CSS in August. It is actually cooler there than it is at home and alot less humid. So to me its not hot at all and I find that it is the slowest time of the year for the resort.

My wife and I are spending a week in July half at CTI and half at CSS. We have been to CSS before and loved it! The food is outstanding, 5 star! The grounds are great and large, the beaches are wonderful. You won't go wrong with CSS if that is where you chose, the Blue Mountains are beautiful, not to mention the Blue Mountain Coffee! We are going at the end of July and the heat will not be a problem, that's what the ocean and icy drinks are for! Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by noopnoop View Post
    Hey Ashley, I think CSA might be 'it'!! I was first drawn to it the most, then crossed it off the list because it was the most expensive. But those dark slats and whit linens can't be ignored anymore...I'm going to call them today to find out which room would be best! I want first floor, close to the activity and DEFINITELY a hammock.

We're getting married June 26, how about you? Which week are you going? It would be great to "know" someone before even getting there!

Hey Noopnoop! We are getting married on June 26th as well!! Thats so awesome!! We were the same we lovedd CSA but then when we saw the price we crossed it off our list but I couldnt stop thinking about it! So we finally booked! We are arriving there on June 28th and staying till July 5th! You guys thinking about going right after your wedding around the same time??

We should definitely meet up!
    Soon to be Mrs. Merritt ~*~ June 26th, 2010
    CSA for our Honeymoon! So excited!

CSA CSA CSA CSA! Noop if you want a hammock, those are the suites, NOT the verandah rooms. As I hear (I have only stayed in the Verandah rooms as they have a TV) the Atrium rooms are the best, they have a WHOLE WALL of wood slats for ya! ENjoy, we had our honeymoon there in the end of May...beginning of June in 2007 yes it was hot towards the end but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME! We are going back for Vaca this April.