Default CTI or CSS for our Honeymoon?

We first sampled the Couples experience 2 years ago when we stayed at CN for my 40th birthday. It was truly wonderful especially the private dining in the treehouse on the evening of my birthday.

We are getting married on 27 August in the UK and I have just booked flights to Jamaica for 2 September.

We are torn between CTI or CSS, I would love to go back to CN but my future hubbie would like to try out Ocho Rios, so Ocho Rios it is. Could I have your views please.

Thanks, Helen

If you can't decide, book a split between the two. That's the only way to know for sure which one you like better. Plus they are only 5 minutes apart so you won't waste a day traveling.

I'd be happy to share our pics of the two if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com). We all have our favorites, but that doesn't mean the other one is bad.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Helen

We have just gone through this, it was CTI or CSS for us as well. In one week we had researched and booked the trip.

Initially we were leaning towards CTI because thats the one I had read most reviews about. The pro's for me were

The Island
    More restaurants
    The refurbishment
    More trips
    The reviews

CSS

Nicer pools
    More exotic looking location
    All suites - with the exception of the deluxe oceanview verandah suite which does not have a separate seating area
    Mini Bars in all rooms - only avail in CSS from Jacuzzi Suite up I believe.
    More luxurious rooms - even though approx two years from refurbishment
    SSB - which is supposed to be fantastic
    Possibility of topless sunbathing on main beach if I can't hack SSB - Shy

Anyway we went back and forth like a shuttlecock and ended up plumping for a One bedroom Ocean View Suite at CSS. We had considered a Jacuzzi suite at both resorts but once we made the decision on CSS we actually preferred the one bed to the jacuzzi suite.

The other thing to bear in mind is there are lots of steps at CSS - but will be using this to burn off the calories!

Good luck with your choice.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!! We've been to both and believe you'll be happy honeymooning at either location. The differences are the layout. CTI is more a high-rise resort on smaller property which makes getting around easier. CSS is more spread out with multiple levels so there's a little more walking to do. Both have the same included excursions except CTI has horseback riding and the catamaran cruise. Amy's advise sounds good...do a split between the two. Here's some pictures of both properties to help in your decision: CSS http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7621684193991/ and CTI http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7621684003201/.

Hope this helps!

Bart & Bug

Thank you so much for your replies.

We started off thinking the same way as you kazd!

We've been doing so much research and we've decided to go to CSS, it looks more us and reminds me of CN which we loved.

Your pics are ace Bart and Bug and that has definitely helped make our minds up.

We are leaning towards the Beachfront Jacuzzi suite re room choice but want a large balcony. Decisions, decisions!

Any further info on CSS, greatfully received.

xxx

I would say that CTI is more like CN than CSS. We have been to all three and CTI is still our favorite even after trying CSS for a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    I would say that CTI is more like CN than CSS. We have been to all three and CTI is still our favorite even after trying CSS for a second time.
    I couldn't agree less! CN and CSS are very similar. CTI is the complete oposite! CN and CSS are all outdoors while CTI is mostly indoors, no nature, no beach. We love CN and really, really like CSS. We hated CTI!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Really, how can CTI be all indoors? I respect that others may not like this resort, but really. No nature? Based on the photos, I see a smaller resort, but lots of green surrounding it? No beach? Ok, is looks small but it does look nice. Have been to CSA and CSS. Going to CTI for 1st time in 3 weeks but am confused by some of the negative comments.

When I viewed the pics of CSS I just loved the outdoor space, it reminded me so much of CN with all its nooks and crannies. It just seems far more intimate and romantic than CTI. We're still favouring a beachfront suite over the ocean view but have yet to book!

Quote Originally Posted by wonderfulwelshgirl View Post
    When I viewed the pics of CSS I just loved the outdoor space, it reminded me so much of CN with all its nooks and crannies. It just seems far more intimate and romantic than CTI. We're still favouring a beachfront suite over the ocean view but have yet to book!
    You have made a very good decision. We stayed in a Beachfront Suite and loved it. It doesn't have the great views that the rooms on the cliffs have, but we did have a good view of the beach and the ocean. The suite itself is great. Huge bathroom with big jacuzi, two sinks, seperate walk-in shower and a makeup area. You will be right at beach level. There are no stairs from here to the beach, ocean, Sunset Beach (nude area), main pool and swim-up bar, beach bar beach grill (Bella Vista Restaurant in the evenings), water sports area, the Palazzina restaurant (breakfast and lunch buffets and gourmet restaurant in the evenings) and the running/walking/bicycle track and the Starlight Gala. There are 102 steps from this level to the lobby (highest level), but they are spread out over several stairways. If you want a ride from anywhere on the resort to anywhere else, you can just call the bell captain and they will come and get you. Within 5-10 minutes. I have asthma and emphysema and with a couple of short rest stops on the way up, I did just fine doing the 102 steps. We also use the resort van to get up the hill several times. The stairways are very well lit at night.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

wonderfulwelshgirt...Here are some pictures for you:

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthr...ght=sans+souci
    [

We've been doing so much research and we've decided to go to CSS, it looks more us and reminds me of CN which we loved.

Your pics are ace Bart and Bug and that has definitely helped make our minds up.

We are leaning towards the Beachfront Jacuzzi suite re room choice but want a large balcony. Decisions, decisions!

xxx
    wonderfulwelshgirl,

We believe you've made a wonderful choice with CSS. We didn't want to guide your towards one resort or the other since that is not what you had asked for. CSS is where we were married and enjoyed our honeymoon in '08 and celebrated our anniversary in '09. We're due to be back there in a couple months and can't wait! In our previous 2 times there we've stayed in a one bedroom ocean suite in G-block (G-05 to be exact) and loved it!! This time we too are going to try the beachfront suite but have heard the balconies are smaller. We were very happy with the larger balcony of the ocean suite...and the sunsets from G-block and view of the ocean are great!!! Thanks for the compliment and glad the pics helped. Here's some more http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7608740935393/.

Have fun planning your wedding and honeymoon,

Bart & Bug

xxx

That was the other deciding factor for us, the One Bed Oceanfront suite has a large balcony and comes with either two loungers or a double lounger plus table and chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calm View Post
    Really, how can CTI be all indoors? I respect that others may not like this resort, but really. No nature? Based on the photos, I see a smaller resort, but lots of green surrounding it? No beach? Ok, is looks small but it does look nice. Have been to CSA and CSS. Going to CTI for 1st time in 3 weeks but am confused by some of the negative comments.
    Have you seen this angle of Tower Isle?

[

Thank you so much. Beachfront Jacuzzi suite now booked, sooo excited. Location sounds perfect. Just 29 weeks and 2 days until our holiday begins!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Have you seen this angle of Tower Isle?

We have photos from that angle and they were taken from Bayside. The property is in a cove, there is nature around, just take a walk to the spa to see it. Look at how close to the ocean the rooms are and the only people on the beach are the guests and staff from CTI.
    Vicky

Not sure if this attachment is going to work, but i think it gives a better view. Have seen CSS and CSA, really looking forward to seeing CTI. Hope everyone has a great holiday, no matter which resort you choose to visit.

Name:  MBJCOU_1_lg.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  33.0 KB