Default Snorkeling Questions

My husband and I love to snorkel. At CN, can you snorkel from shore and is it any good? I know there are several different boat trips that CN provides - can you clarify which ones take you to a place for snorkeling? Lastly, is the free snorkeling equipment provided by CN easy to come by or do you have to get there early in the day to get it?

Thanks for any info!
    RJG

Haven't been to CN, but I assume the policies are the same as at our SweptAway...

Snorkel equipment is provided for your use while on the snorkel tours, only. Snorkel boats are scheduled twice a day, and space is limited, so sign up early. There may be a third snorkel tour offered at night, but there is a $35/person charge, with a minimum signup of four people. Snorkel tours are always subject to weather conditions... this is a safe activity.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Was at CN Jan 17-24. My hubby and I snorkeled almost every day. we took advantge of the snorkel trips that are offered - it's only a short boat ride and they can take you to different places. Snorkeling was great, better than we expected as we've snorkeled in Belize and places in Mexico.... You can't really see much from the CN beach as there's no coral but occasionally see some fish. They provide all the snorkel equipment and never had a problem getting the equipment although my hubby had all his own gear and all I needed was fins. Enjoy! I wish I was there right now. Brenda

Thanks for the info. Sounds like we can snorkel every day which is awesome. I certainly don't mind taking a boat trip to where the snorkeling is the best - it sounds like fun! We too have snorkeled in some pretty incredible places - Hawaii and Mexican Riviera areas. This will be the first time in Jamaica for both of us.

We are leaving on Saturday for CN. Last year we snorkled every day and one day did a learn to scuba (its fun - 35 feet, no charge). The morning trips tend to be the best due to winds that start later in the day. Just sign up the day before. Most day's it was the same group and we went to several different locations - all were great. The beach area is all sand - nothing to see. You could also take out a Kayak and if you go to the right by Grand Lido there is some decent areas. Have fun!

Snorkeling at CN is great! We met a couple who went twice a day every day. Each trip only lasts about an hour and a half since you don't have to travel far from the resort. The equipment is good there too. Have fun!!

Are snorkeling vests available? I'm not a very strong swimmer.

Yes - they ask everyone to wear a vest (you don't have to inflate). Leaving in two days for CN! Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Haven't been to CN, but I assume the policies are the same as at our SweptAway...

Snorkel equipment is provided for your use while on the snorkel tours, only. Snorkel boats are scheduled twice a day, and space is limited, so sign up early. There may be a third snorkel tour offered at night, but there is a $35/person charge, with a minimum signup of four people. Snorkel tours are always subject to weather conditions... this is a safe activity.
    We'll guarantee half the minimum quota for the night snorkel, that's for sure. I imagine it won't be difficult lining up at least two more people. If there are any problems, I'll just start nagging everyone around until one couple breaks down and agrees to go with us, if for no other reason than to shut me up.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

There is nothing to see off the beach. You will need to go on the boat trips.