Default Negril Hills golf question

Can anyone tell us what time in the morning the shuttle takes you to the golf course ....

Peter

Peter - The shuttle leaves at 8:00 AM and then again at 1:00 PM.

Jenni

Thanks Jenni.....what would a cab cost if you wanted to go earlier or return earlier ?

A van does arrive at about 11 for those who only want to do 9 holes...

But if you hire a cab with the concierge, its liable to cost a bit more than if you arrange your own ride with a couple of redtag cabs (route taxis).
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

There is usually a cab or two waiting, one a caddie called one for us...they all have "friends" and they all take care of each other...be sure it is a car with the RED license plate, though...

We took one once, and were MOST entertained on our trip back...We were in stitches the whole time....

Lastyear I seem to remember paying $20 or $30 for a return cab ride. We have the cab arranged from CN. All we had to do was call the cabbie when we were ready to return (we played 9 the day we arrived in the afternoon).

I seem to remember reading on the message board that others took cabs early in the morning as well so that they could get back to enjoy the remainder of the day on the beach. Check with the conceriege when you get there and he may be able to hook you up with others.

Jenni

I just confirmed that our cab ride last year was $30.00 both ways, and that included a generous tip

Call Eddie 876-384-2894, he is a local licensed taxi, he will do the return trip for $25.
    Eddie runs his taxi from the Travellers Resort a little closer to Negril, he is the most careful driver we have ever had on the island! No speeding or wild passing in Eddie's cab. And Eddie is always early, no waiting!

And as Eddie will tell you some cabbies will "up" the price simply because they're picking you up at Swept Away so they think you have more money. Eddie is fair, rather than asking what a trip costs, make a fair offer and he will graciously accept or decline.

From a veteran Couples and Jamaica traveler:
    If you have out-dated or clubs you don't use any more, take them with you and give them to a caddie or the pro to distribute to the youngsters.
    They will be thrilled beyond words.
    We all know it's a poor country and gifts like that are much appreciated.
    Bill & Karen, San Antonio, TX, Been to CTI and CN.
    Been to Jamaica 5 times including CTI & CN before our trip scheduled for April 14-22, 2010 to CSS.
    We renewed our vows on our 25th anniversary in Jamaica.

Default golf and cabs

Thanks everyone for the tips....I'd rather get up and get to the course early, play 18 and be back to the beach in time for an early afternoon lunch and red stripe......cab sounds like the way to go.

Any other couples going to CSA Feb 27 for a week that are golfers.

Peter

Default searching for golf partners...

I'm going to be in csa from 19th to 29th feb. 2010, what are your dates...

Our first real day is the 28th..so hadn't planned to play any golf until the 29th or 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter and Sandra Hebb View Post
    Thanks everyone for the tips....I'd rather get up and get to the course early, play 18 and be back to the beach in time for an early afternoon lunch and red stripe......cab sounds like the way to go.

Any other couples going to CSA Feb 27 for a week that are golfers.

Peter
    Hi Peter and Sandra,
    Last year my wife and I took an early morning taxi from CN.. I think we paid around $40US return and that included the tip. We were picked up at 6:30am, on the first tee by 7:00am back on the beach by 10:30. The first day we had asked the cab to come back at 10:30 and had to call him from the 15th tee to ask him to pick us up at 10:00 the secaond day we just asked for him to be back at 10:00. Dependeding on how serious a golfer you are and how important your score is to you,the layout of the course allows you to go from the 15th green to the 18th tee cutting off the 16th and 17th hole if you're running short on time.

ENJOY!!!