Default Help with dates!

Hello All,
    My fiance and I are getting married in August and didn't want to leave for our honeymoon right away due to finances and stress! So, I was thinking about either November of 2010 or January of 2011. Any advice as to which dates would be better? Some people have told me that we have to be careful with hurricane season but friends of ours that have gone during those months never had a problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and we are planning on staying at CN if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!!!

If budget is really an issue, go in November... some of the best rates of the year. January will be PRIMETIME... and quite pricey! But that's up to you, of course.

As for hurricanes... think of it this way. If you live in an area that's prone to tornadoes, you're aware of them, but not obsessively so. That's the way it is in the Atlantic and Caribbean. Its something to be aware of, but there is no reason to plan around it. Its a big ocean... and Jamaica is a relatively small island. It has suffered from epic hurricanes, but its not like its a target, either (think Haiti in 2008).

Also, while November technically falls within a defined hurricane "season", the traditional end of that season is November 30. Yet, in December of 2007 (while we were in Jamaica), there was a tropical storm that passed between the islands of Jamaica and Cuba. Other than some rough surf, it had no effect on our vacation at SweptAway.

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I know you won't want to wait any longer but how about the Spring -March or April or even the summer. November can be tricky. A lot of people will tell you they had fabulous weather then but it is just luck. We went two different Novembers and we happened to go when the air was a little too cool for me and the water was rough and cool. We now go in the summer. This January, people on the message board talked about the unusually cool and wet weather they had. Like I said, it is just all luck but if I were you, I would go later in the year.

I agree with Chris. Go in November and don't be concerned about hurricane season. January will be the second most expensive time next to the week between Christmas and New Years.

We have been a couple times in November and the weather has been lovely. A couple times we had rain, but it didn't last very long. We like to go in November as it is still the low rate season, but it isn't too hot or humid like the summer.

Congrats on your wedding! You will love CN. It is one of our favorite resorts.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks for your response Chris--I talked to our travel agent today and we are booking Nov 1-8! We could of waited a little longer, but let's face it, both of us want to go asap and that will give us a little break after the wedding. We are so excited, this will be our first trip like this.

Thanks again

Newlywed23 - my fiance and I will be traveling to CSA Nov 1-10 for our honeymoon as well!! Cross your fingers for good weather
    Melissa & Anthony

Thanks to everyone! When I said thanks to only Chris, no one else had posted yet. I appreciate all of your input!