Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: June wedding at CSS
February 1st, 2010, 06:25 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
June wedding at CSS
Sorry, posted this in the wrong spot the first time....
here goes take 2!
Getting married in mid-June (just the 2 of us) at CSS (probably June 19th)..
I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone who has been there can answer
1) I see that I am supposed to book a day/time now for my wedding. I've read that earlier is better for color quality of water for pictures? Do you recommend the 11am time slot for pretty water? I don't want it to be too early since I'm not a morning person and don't want to feel rushed getting ready. I really would have preferred an afternoon slot if the color of the surroundings didn't matter, so I could get a massage in the morning etc. How important is it/how much of a difference does it make at 11 am as opposed to 2pm, as far as color of water and general weather (clouds, wind, rain) I've never been to Jamaica, so I can't speak from experience
2) Do I need to choose the location of the wedding now? beach vs gazebo etc? I see that some of the locations are "upgrades" but I don't see how much $$ it costs to upgrade?
3)I like the idea of a beach wedding but I really dislike that green arch/frond thing they have in pictures. If I pick a beach location, can i just have no arch? just the beach? Has anyone else done it on the beach without the arch thing?
4)Can I buy flowers for my hair? or do I have to go to the salon and have them do it?
5) is there a spot for the groom to go for a little while before the wedding so he doesn't see my dress? or does he have to get dressed, and then just hang out at a bar or on the beach while I get dressed?
6) It says you can bring your own CD? is that for playing while I walk down the aisle? Do I just bring one song on the cd? I can't really think of a need for mult. songs.. unless I'm missing something (I'm not a wedding girl! I feel like there is so much I don't know)
7) If you had your choice, is a Friday or Sat better to get married at CSS? are there pros and cons or is every day practically the same?
I'm sure I have more questions.... but we'll start with that!
Thanks! I'm so excited!!
February 2nd, 2010, 09:09 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
Congrats on your upcoming marriage. I am planning on getting married July 8, 2011 which is a Friday. I picked that day because of the Starlight Gala they have at night.
I can't answer your other questions, but can't wait to read the answers.
February 3rd, 2010, 12:32 PM #3
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
2.) You can choose your wedding locations when you get there. The wedding coordinator will walk you around the premises and you can decide on your location, flowers, cake, etc. I'm pretty sure you don't have to pay to use one of the upgraded locations, I think by "upgrade" they just mean updated since CSS has recently been updated! This you can ask Debbie Hall but I'm pretty positive you don't pay for location.
3.) The arch, I'm not sure about either. If I were you I'd email Debbie Hall about this as well. I doubt they'll move it since I know that at CN they won't move or change the beach setting, simply because there's other weddings that follow shortly after.
4.) You can buy flowers for your hair and have the salon put them in or you can put them in yourself if you're doing your own hair, either way.
5.) There is no designated place for the groom to go while you get ready. I know most grooms get ready first and wait by the bar or something until wedding time.
6.) You need to bring a CD with 5 songs. The first song is for you to walk down the aisle, the next 4 will play while you're signing certificates, cutting cake, champagne, etc.
7.) Getting married makes no difference if you do it on a Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, etc...Honestly when we were in Jamaica, we were there 10 days and rarely kept track of the days. All weddings were the same no matter what day. We were married on a Saturday, simply because that was the earliest we could get married after being there 3 days and we wanted to get it out of the way and enjoy our honeymoon. But weddings that were on Tuesday were no different from weddings on Friday! If I were you, I would just book the less crowded of the 2 days. Like there were 5 other weddings the day we got married so I felt really rushed and there were 2 other brides getting photos done the same time as us so we often ran into each other or waited for certain photo locations.
I hope this helps you! All else fails and you can't find your answer on here, email Debbie Hall. Good Luck and Congratulations!