Default Men's dress for dinner...

I've read the requirements, i.e. no jeans, no shorts, no flip flops. Will khacki pants and a nice pair of sandals along with a short-sleeve button up shirt be acceptable for dinner?!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie&Dave View Post
    I've read the requirements, i.e. no jeans, no shorts, no flip flops. Will khacki pants and a nice pair of sandals along with a short-sleeve button up shirt be acceptable for dinner?!
    Everything but the shoes would be acceptable for dinner in the fancy restaurants. He would need closed toe shoes.
    The attire you describe would be ok for all the other restaurants. Even nice shorts would be ok for all but the fancy restaurants

Everything sounds good except for the shoes!! He should wear a pair of crocs. (LOL) Actually a pair of closed tow shoes of the non tennis variety and he will be fine. Trust me you will want to dress up for dinner everyone else is and I believe it adds to your couples experience

Quote Originally Posted by Julie&Dave View Post
    ....I posted this on another tread, but applies here as well. The way I look at it, this is a "Romantic Getaway". And all of these are very nice restaurants. What would you consider appropriate attire for a romantic date at a nice restaurant? Note that no one (male) is going to wear a jacket anywhere, but do dress nice.

At Swept Away, I wore nice shorts and nice sandals to The Palms and Patois Patio; slacks and sandals to Lemongrass; and slacks and boat shoes to Feathers and the repeat guest dinner. Nice short sleeve shirts (some polo, some island style) to all. I never felt either over or under dressed.

Not sure about the sandals (never wear them) but khaki shorts and tennis shoes are fine at Lemongrass. Just add a brightly colored tropical shirt and you are ready to go. And yes, that is dressed up for me .......
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!