Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I would think if you booked through Couples, you should contact Couples as they are acting as your travel agent. I could be wrong and I'm relying on someone to correct me if I am. I've never booked through Couples. But when we used a TA, that is who we worked with. With that said, even if they fix it and get you on another flight, I would still follow up with a call to the new airline to confirm what was done. The situation we had with AJ a few years ago was through a TA and we worked through her. Our case was a little unique in that our TA was incompetant and crazy too, but it all was enough to scar me re: air and I don't trust anything unless I get a confirmation from the airline. I tend to book directly with the airline so there is no middle man, but there are also certainly advantages to a middleman too as they have many resources at their disposal. Even using them though, you should still be able to confirm your reservation directly with the airline for peace of mind.

We had an opportunity to fly JA to MB out of O'Hare for our stay, starting April 18th. I had heard various bad things about JA and was able to switch to USA 3000. It's non-stop, leaves at 6:30 AM, so we get to MB about 10:30 AM. We have used them before with zero problems.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE after calling Couples, then Air Jam, then my TA I was able to get the air jam flight canned and then re-booked on the Air Jam departure out of Chicago with an American Airlines return to Chicago for an added $200....oh well at least it worked out.

we were told us3000 has only sunday flights.? the time coming back sucks cause you leave the hotel at 7 and leave Jamaica at 12:30 and loss the last day. I don't think they have other non stop from Chicago do they??

Well after a nerve racking day yesterday, I was able to switch weeks from 4/9-4/16 to 4/2-4/9. AJ switched my flight at no extra charge. I'm glad I happened to see this post on the board or I might not have been so lucky. I think the flight is booked because we were not able to have 2 seats assigned together. The only problem is that it will cost me $250 for the same room, a Garden Verandah Suite at CSA, that I had booked for the week of 4/9 to 4/16. My TA said that when they called Couples, they would not honor the same deal & price I originally had. Thanks Air Jamaica.

I called couples this morning and was told that they cannot do anything until AJ contacts them. Should I just contact AJ directly? Any tips appreciated. Our trip isn't until June, not sure if that matters or not.

From what I can find, looks like USA3000 flies to MB on Thursdays and Sundays.

I called Air Jamaica and after 20 minutes on hold, the resrv agent confirmed my nightmare. Our group of 8 leaving out of Baltimore on the 17th has gotten the shaft. AJ confirmed that they have switched the routes. We were to arrive on our first day at 10:00 am and leave on our last day at 4:45 pm,

now set to arrive at 7:15 pm and leave out at 9:45 am of last day, what does that mean, we need to leave the resort at 5:00 am for a 9:45 am flight. This is a disaster

really sad....we have flown from Orlando direct for 14 years...we will miss Air Jamaica...and have made a few friends in the airline along the way!!!

WOW! thanks Smoo!!!! I will call AA direct! We booked thru travelocity (who had AJ on the other line) as we went back in forth for 2+ hours yesterday!

Our TA informed us of this a few days ago. We too fly out of BWI and are trying to change our flights to AirTran as those flight times out of BWI are closer time-wise to the AJ flights. We have traveled AJ to Jamaica 5 times and this will be the first time we have had to reschedule.

Quote Originally Posted by blueseagolf View Post
    I called Air Jamaica and after 20 minutes on hold, the resrv agent confirmed my nightmare. Our group of 8 leaving out of Baltimore on the 17th has gotten the shaft. AJ confirmed that they have switched the routes. We were to arrive on our first day at 10:00 am and leave on our last day at 4:45 pm,

now set to arrive at 7:15 pm and leave out at 9:45 am of last day, what does that mean, we need to leave the resort at 5:00 am for a 9:45 am flight. This is a disaster

We are at CSA 4/10-4/17 and the resort is BOOKED FULL! Not to mention we booked under the double upgrade couplicious wednesday deal so we got a stellar deal and I didn't think Couples would let us switch and still honor that deal so after calling couples (which unfortunatly and to be frank was not helpful) they were not in possession of the re-routes yet, I called Air Jam and all they could do is refund me or book another flight at an earlier date. We ended up cancelling the AJ flight and getting a refund, I found a direct in and out of ORD to MBJ on American for about $100/person more so for an additional 220 we got on that flight ASAP. I am a bit miffed because instead of arriving at 10:30 on AJ we are arriving at 12:20 and instead of leaving at 4:55 we are leaving at 1:35. But oh well I guess, just glad to be going back to CSA again! All I have to say is Air Jam stinks!

We are going to St Lucia before flying to CSA on the 5th March. We originally had flights from St Lucia to Antigua with Liat and then from Antigua to Kingston and then Montego Bay with Air Jamaica.Vigin Holidays have now changed the flights (at a cost to them of £400)so we are now flying to Miami then into Montego Bay with American Airlines.Nobody on the board seems very keen on AA are they awful? And what is wrong with Miami airport? we are only there for 2 hours though and are least this flight gets us in 2 1/2 hours earlier but we have to leave the first hotel at 5.00am!

We had out TA switch our flight from AJ to Air Tran, no problem and saved $300 to boot. Trip insurance is great. Flying out of BWI on 3 March and back on the 10th, the times are slightly different, but not much.

ElainePoole - IMHO, nothing is wrong with AA. I mean, I'm sure people have had bad experiences, as with all airlines. My husband and I actually go out of our way to fly them because we've had such good luck with them and misery with every other airline. Once AJ burned us going to Jamaica a few years ago, we've only used AA.

However, AA does typically have a layover in Miami. The Miami airport stinks. It's not grungy or anything, it's just huge and it's a major embarkation (is that the right word) in/out of the States, so it's a mass of humanity. The layover on the way to Montego is not bad. My only complaint is that I'm not a fan of the food selection at the airport, but that's kind of petty. It's when you have to go through Miami on the way back and go through customs and immigration which seem miles away from the terminals. It's just a long unpleasant process with a bunch of unpleasant people. But Miami's just worse than other airports because of its size and how busy it is.

Default Non StopsOut Of Chicago

Always booked with JA ,leaving for CSS Oct. 30 returning Nov. 6.We always fly non-stop and are looking at changing our reservations to fly non-stop.What airlines should i look at.Help wuold be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jacher View Post
    Always booked with JA ,leaving for CSS Oct. 30 returning Nov. 6.We always fly non-stop and are looking at changing our reservations to fly non-stop.What airlines should i look at.Help wuold be appreciated
    You may want to try an engine that trolls all airlines/booking engines, like a Kayak.com.

If you are looking for flights out of Chicago, the only ones of which I'm aware are the Saturday flights with American and USA3000, whose schedule is something with which I'm not familiar. We did fly them once on our very first trip to Jamaica about 5 years ago and actually really liked them. I just recall their days not typically working out for us or their flights being booked up, so we haven't been able to use them since.

whew. just re-booked our April flights with our TA. We were able to book the non-stop AA flight from O'Hare to MB (yea!!!), but since there were no non-stops on the return, will have a 2.5 hour layover in Miami before getting back to Chicago. All-in-all, it really isn't much different than what we have had with AJ in the past, since both our return flights ended-up being delayed (one for 5 hours, one for 3), we never had problems/delays with our departures (thank goodness!). I am just so glad we were able to still get the non-stop booked, our TA told us that the flight was almost completely booked - guessing most of our fellow screwed AJ customers are booking that flight as well!

Irie,
    What are your dates? We are on an 8:30 AA flight out of Chicago on the 10th of April and a direct AA back at 1:30 on the 17th.

Thanks smoo72. I did actually land at Miami years ago on a holiday to Florida but can't really remember the airport. It will be nice to be back on American soil for a while!No problem on the way back as we fly direct with Virgin from Mo Bay to London.

It is so maddening that aj let people book further in the year and now we are struggling to find a flight. We had atleast half a day coming home to enjoy Jamaica and now we have to leave by 7. I wish another company would come to Chicago and have a great flight there and back so we could have all of air jamaicas wonderul things they had. Has anyone found a direct flight from chicago that has great times?
    thanks ahead of time

cosmet our times are not horrible we leave ORD at 8:30am on the 10th of april, we leave Mobay at 1:30 get back to Chicago at 6:30pm on the 17th. Now it's not as good as the aj flights gets us in 2 hrs later and we leave 3 hrs earlier but oh well. We are flying on American direct.

Great site for searching flights. You can't book through it, but it has a lot of flexibility if you use "month long search.:

http://www.itasoftware.com/

Click on "search airfares using QPX.

Default air jamaica sucks

booked our first couples trip only to learn of air jamiaca changing the flights. thanks to the person who posted the info. after3 hours arguing with travelocity, we got our trip canceled and rebooked for 300 less with air tran

EinWI - we fly into MB on the 17th, then back to Chi-town on the 22nd, which is why no direct flight home - I belive AA only runs that direct flight to/from ORD/MB once/week on Saturdays.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast