Default CSA - Two Questions in one!!

My first question is about the beaches. Are other people who are not staying at the Couples resorts allowed on the beach? Future hubby was just curious if its a public beach or if its only meant for the couples resort visitors??

My second question is about swim wear on the beaches and at the pools. I am by no means a size 2 but I am not huge. I would say I am curvy . I really want to wear a bikini because I have never been able to and here in Canada you have to have a hard body to wear one at the beach or people stare. Would people be looking and staring if I were to wear a bikini?? I have also been working hard on losing weight before my wedding and I am currently 9 lbs down and losing more.

Thanks Guys!
    Soon to be Mrs. Merritt ~*~ June 26th, 2010
    CSA for our Honeymoon! So excited!

negrils beachs are public access along the water line so you will see constant foot traffic. tell you hubby no need to worry while at couples he wont have the pleasure of having some family of 5 from altoona pa
    sit down next to you and have the kids throw sand in his bloody mary at 10 30 am. the couples " beach" is reserved for the partons of the resort

As far as swim wear negril was put on the map by bohemian and hippies who flocked to negril in the 50 and 60 to spark up paint play music and get nekkid ... If you want to wear a bikini wear it . It is human nature to be curious and to stare either to approve or to laugh. So accept that no matyter what you wear people will " stare" to some degree that is not to be negative just a fact. Congrats on getting down to your fighting weight for the wedding nice work... if you are going to wear a bikini take time to pick a color design that is flatterning ....
    enjoy

The beach is public at the shoreline. So people from other resorts will be walking by, but they can't come up onto the Couples beach and have a seat and start taking advantage of the amenities. There are security guards at each end of Couples and one in the middle and they keep an eye on that.

Wear the bikini. I wear tankinis and I'm probably one of the few not in a bikini. All shapes and sizes wear them. If others are like me, they are in their own little beach world and not really paying a whole lot of attention to who should/shouldn't be in a bikini. It's nice that way in that it's not a meat market.

Wear your bikini. I am a curvy size 14 and love to wear my 2 piece in Jamaica. In fact, it is the only place I wear it. There are 100 people that look better than me, but there are 100 people who look worse than me. No matter what size you are, you will find you fit in. Plus, it is REALLY hot in Jamaica and the 2 piece swimming suit is much more comfortable.

I agree wear the bikini. We stayed at CSA in August 2009, and I did not bring one, and my husband kept asking me why I was not in one . We are going in April this year and I bought one . It has been 20 years since I have worn a bikini, so I am excited ! Also, regarding foot traffic, like stated the shore line is public, everywhere in Negril. Luckily the beach at CSA is not only long but deep, so plenty of room to ignore . Security is very good at stopping anyone uninvited from coming close to the resort. Have an awesome trip !!

If you don't pack the two-piece, you'll probably buy one at the gift shop, if they have one in your size (and they probably will)... but best to be safe and pack a couple...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Off topic, but ashley what is your e-mail? I can't figure out a way to PM here. Looks like we're getting married the same day, are almost the same age, are both from the GTA and are both going to CSA for our honeymoon in July! And I need a weightloss buddy lol.

Really hoping we are at CSA the same week!!

I am "curvy" too, a little curvier than the last time we were there even. The last time I was there I wore some small bikinis and didn't feel self-conscious at all. Of course I am nervous now and working out more but I am sure I will be fine when I get there. There are really all shapes and sizes, and they are all wearing teeny bikinis! lol

Quote Originally Posted by noopnoop View Post
    Off topic, but ashley what is your e-mail? I can't figure out a way to PM here. Looks like we're getting married the same day, are almost the same age, are both from the GTA and are both going to CSA for our honeymoon in July! And I need a weightloss buddy lol.

Really hoping we are at CSA the same week!!

Hey Noopnoop!!

We are!!! Yay!! My e-mail is ash_16_63@hotmail.com. Book your stay for June 28th - July 5th! Thats when we are going!
    Soon to be Mrs. Merritt ~*~ June 26th, 2010
    CSA for our Honeymoon! So excited!

DO NOT be afraid to wear a 2 piece. Like someone already said, if you dont take one you will buy one. I was at CN last march and saw just about everything. The European men like their speedo's! You will see young and old, skinny and not-so-much, 1 piece and bikini. No one knows you, who cares! You will have a wonderful time

I was wondering the same question about the bikini!!

Ashley Dawn

Another Canadian here, wear your bikini!!! You are there to have a good time and not worry. By the way, last summer while camping at algonquin park, I decided the hec with the stares. I wore my "holiday" bikinis on the beach all week. After a while you learn to ignore the stares. Hope you have a wonderful wedding and vacation at CSA. My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary at CSA last year.

Default Wear one

I wished like hell I brought a bikini. I even went to the gift shop to buy one but couldn't find one that fit. So...I'll be rockin' a bikini - softer body and all. It's too bloody hot to wear even a tankini...you'll appreciate exposing your skin. Just don't forget that Canadians (I'm one too) don't show their skin so much...so watch for an especially high risk of getting burned! Jamaica sun is tricky and before you realize it you're spending your vacation in pain and calling yourself and idiot. Trust me. From one canuck to another.

C.