Default Css- snorkeling and room request

Wow! Our first visit to CSS is getting close! Just a couple of questions.

I am a very strong swimmer and will be bringing my snorkeland mask. I understand there is some decent snorkeling from the beach. Details please?

We will be in a Beachfront Suite and I would like to request the 3rd floor. (We don't like people above us.) Is there any way to put in this request so that Couples at least knows our preferences?

We are avid snorkelers, too, and stayed at CSS last year in January. If you bring your own equipment, you can snorkel off the beach. There is great snorkeling (brain coral, fish) along the cliffs and near Charlie's grotto. However, of the 10 days we were there, the water was too cloudy 8 of those days from sediment being stirred up to see anything at all snorkeling close to shore (although snorkeling from the boat was fine). I think this is because the waves hit the cliffs and unless it is very calm, the water just gets too grainy. This may be different during other times of year.

If you used a travel agent, have them request a 3rd floor room for you. When you check in, you can also make the request. The 3rd floor rooms are usually not that popular since folks don't like to trek up 2 flights of stairs. We always request a 3rd floor room also, and have always gotten it.

Quote Originally Posted by cakes View Post
    . . . . We will be in a Beachfront Suite and I would like to request the 3rd floor . . . . Is there any way to put in this request so that Couples at least knows our preferences?
    From a recent post by Randymon:

"It seems that every so often I am compelled to restate our position on a few topics which keep rearing up their ugly heads, so here I go:

"5. Specific Rooms, Buildings or Floor requests: NO! As a result of daily arrivals and departures, it is impossible for us to guarantee any specific room number, building or floor. Rooms are assigned upon arrival and we will do whatever we can to accommodate you at that time. Coming with an expectation of a specific room assignment may only serve to unnecessarily disappoint you at the start of your vacation. This applies to all reservations, even if you or your travel agent request it or note it in the reservation."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).