Default What do guys want for Valentine's day?

Yes, girls want flowers and jewelry and chocolate covered strawberries, a great evening on the town, etc.

but

What do guys really want on Valentine's Day? besides the obvious?

My hubby loves the gifts I get him for Vday or his Bday. A few ideas are - cologne, steak dinner at his favorite restaurant, something sexy for me to wear (lingerie), tickets to a concert or sporting event he likes (football, UFC, rodeo, etc). Gift cards are too generic. Good luck!

Lingerie. That's what my DH always asks for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Lingerie. That's what my DH always asks for.
    ...Do you have any trouble finding his size?

Hope you two have a wonderful Feb 14th this year.

ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roclin View Post
    ...Do you have any trouble finding his size?
    Hee Hee. (Considering he's 6'8" it's really a challenge...)

Steak & a ...well, what every guy wants! lol

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Steak & a ...well, what every guy wants! lol
    That's March 14th.

I think most guys don't really care about Valentine's day. Or at least getting anything for it. The part guys do care about is making sure that you enjoy and feel special/loved. I would just reccommend making sure you let him know you appreciate what he got you and where he takes you etc... The best gift a guy can get is to know that he makes you happy.

Lobster tail and beer.

My three favorite things!

What I love is this. Helen and I plan which day we will celebrate. I cook something quick but fancy for lunch (scallops sauteed with shallots, garlic, and rum cream served over toast points, perhaps?) served with champaagne. We might, ahem, take a nap. I cook a nice dinner.

But isn't this my gift to her, you ask? Yep, but it is mine as well. I get to spend a quality day with my love, cooking great food (another love, both cooking and eating), and sipping good wine. She makes dessert.

It is sort of decadent, but it is Valentine's day after all.

Bruce,

You need to make sure you use proper punctuation. I’m not saying you missed a period but maybe a comma or two.

Nothing. We do not celabrate it. It's a waste of time and money. There is a whole year to express you feelings. We give ourselves the gift of couples every year, but at a time that means something to us, not the retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    Nothing. We do not celabrate it. It's a waste of time and money. There is a whole year to express you feelings. We give ourselves the gift of couples every year, but at a time that means something to us, not the retailers.
    Ditto. I would say my husband just wants it not to exist, but that's not unique to him. It's just another day for us, really.

I think Bruce said it perfectly.....without the comma makes you think for a sec...as I think was his intent...it's like I say..There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those that count, and those that can't....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Lobster tail and beer.

THAT is the funniest thing I've heard all day - I actually spewed my coffee.......... three favorite things LOLOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Lobster tail and beer.

Ok, there's my nomination for post of the decade!
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

We also don't waste money buying gifts for just another day... we save for our Couples fund. In fact we don't buy each other gifts at all for any of those retailer's holidays including Christmas and birthdays... our gift to each other is that special vacation and to treat each other with love and respect 365 days a year. When we're at Couples, we say this is our Christmas present, or this is our anniversary present. If others like doing the gift giving and such, that is fine for them and kudos... to each his own.... just not for us.

Bruce. Are those three items in the correct preferential order? Just curious.

We have always celebrated the "holidays". Nothing very big, but each special day gets its recognition. Flowers, dinner out, cards of course, We both enjoy seeing even a tiny smile appear. That is usually followed by a hug, a kiss, and we both wipe the tears from our cheeks. Now if that tender moment only happened on Valentine's Day, the relationship would not have survived. Unfortunately I know people who hardly ever touch base with their partner. I can't imagine what keeps them together. People can be successful in their public domain, well respected, wonderfull home, yadda yadda. But when they are behind closed doors, their behaviors change dramatically.
    No, for us, after all these years that we have spent together, we still don't take each other for granted. Giving a card once a year is not who we are. For us, as for RubiGal04, our time in paradise is our big very extravagant gift as well. As for the holidays; If there is a National "Stick your finger up your nose" Day, we'll pick out funky cards for each other and enjoy the results, together.

richie

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Ok, there's my nomination for post of the decade!

Decade...? Naaa... Year...? Maybe!

LoveinJamaica husband says, my favorite four things are Dirty Banana's, foil wrapped Snapper, Sweet Potatoe Chips and ETC.!!!!