Default Dinner on the Beach

For those who might be interested, I contacted Couples today to go ahead reserve dinner on the beach for when I am there in April (at CSA). Everything in these boards indicate the price is $150. They must have recently raised the price because the e-mail I just go with the reservation forms and menus says it is $170.

Just an FYI so you know. Also, any opinions on whether it is worth it are appreciated. I'm perfectly willing to spend the $$$ but wasn't completely thrilled with the 2 menu choices so having some 2nd thoughts.

Our dinner was nice. Don't get me wrong. But, we wouldn't do it again. The food is not any better than what you get at the other resteraunts. We will spend our money on massages, excursions, and other fun things. Dinner is free everywhere else on the resort, and the food is just as good.

I would also like to know everyones opinion on the private dinner. Is it worth the $170? We are thinking about doing this, but what are the pros & cons?

We did a dinner on the beach about a month ago when we were at CTI for our honeymoon. It was $150 at that time and was well worth it. Very romantic, and the menu was great. I would definitely pay $170, especially if it's a special occasion.

We did the dinner last year. It was certainly a romantic evening being "alone", getting one-on-one service, excellent food and wine, surf and tree frogs for music (we had our waitress turn off the stereo they had playing for us). The service and food were excellent.

Plan the evening well so it doesn't conflict with other events that you may want to participate in such as the repeaters dinner or beach party/dinner. Couples is flexible in rescheduling the night once you arrive if there is a conflict (with enough notice of course).

Will we do it again? Only for a special occasion.

ENJOY!!!

It is $170, at least at Swept Away. We enjoyed our experience in December. The food was very good and the service attentive without being instrusive. The experience of just the two of us on the beach was way romantic. I surprised Helen with the dinner, which was a plus. She had no clue until we were walking to The Palms and I stopped just before reaching the pathway and asked her to join me for a private dinner.

Was it worth it? We think so. Will I do it every trip? No.

Thanks for the replies. It actually is our anniversary so I think we might do it. I don't want to look back a month, a year or even 10 years from now and regret not doing it. It's not like that $170 is going to prevent me from retiring a year sooner that I would have otherwise, huh?

And Lou, I was planning on it being a surprise for my wife as well. Since I'm doing all the planning, she really won't have a clue.

I did it on the honeymoon only because I thought she would love it. It was nice being secluded somewhat on the beach but it did take a long time and we were kinda tired that night. The menu was okay but no better than feathers or lemongrass. To me it was nice for a one time thing. Not worth $170 which is what I paid at csa in July. My wife said the same. If money is no issue, do it once and judge yourself. If you're worried about the money don't do it. It was actually very dark and hard to see each other or the table.

I am planning to surprise my husband in March...it is for our 10 yr anniversary. They don't usually do dinner's on the beach on Sat. at CTI, but when i told them why i wanted it that night, the happily accomodated my request. Thanks for all you insight...

Is it possible to do the complimentary wedding ceremony at 4pm at CSA and then have a dinner on the beach after the ceremony?

We did the dinner on our beach in '05 and absolutely loved it and still talk about it to this day! Married at CTI in '97 and this was our 8th anniversary. Seems to be it was $150 then.

Is it worth it? What's the price of a precious memory?

When does one get a private dinner on the beach? I think it's an amazing way to celebrate something special. We had steak and lobster and it was delicious. I remember it like it was yesterday.
    Terri
    Married at Couples Tower Isle Sept. 20th, 1997
    Returned for our 8th wedding anniversary in 2005

We enjoyed a dinner on the beach in May, 2010 at CSS. What a great experience. Just check out these photos of our table.
    Mike & Martha

CSS 2010, 2013, 2014
    CTI 2011
    CN 2012

We did the dinner on the Beach in February 2010 and loved it. It was very romantic, the service was great and the food was lovely. Echoing many of the other posters on here though we would do it for special occasions and chose not to spend the money when we went back in June. It is a wonderful experience to have had but all of Couples was/is a wonderful experience. We will do the dinner again when we have a specific celebration but it won't be something that we do on every visit. Our dinner was $170.

Thank you so much for the photos! What time of day do they do the dinners on the beach? It looks like yours was both sunlight and moonlight?

I thought it was $150 but if you wanted the Couples brand wine then it goes up to $170.

We scheduled ours at 7:00 PM so we could catch the dusk and evening darkness. It made for some good photos (by the staff photographer). This dinner on the beach is one of the most romantic and enjoyable parts of our Couples experience. You have a choice of 2 menus to pick from and you can also choose the time of the evening. Our waiter, Kinderoy, was extremely efficient and personable. He also made the dinner very special.
    Mike & Martha

CSS 2010, 2013, 2014
    CTI 2011
    CN 2012

Quote Originally Posted by dandj View Post
    I thought it was $150 but if you wanted the Couples brand wine then it goes up to $170.
    This is what I understood too.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I was told if u want the wine then it's $170 and w/o the wine it's $150. Also, the menu can b revised. I sent an email about the menu because, my husband doesn't eat seafood at all and I don't lobster. The person responded to my email saying that if we book online they would send us the new menu items thru email but, if we wait until we get to the resort to book just bring a copy of the email that she sent and they will provide us with an updated menu within 24 hours. To check over it to see if it need any revisions or if it's okay before the actual dinner.