Default Honeymoon at CN March 21-28

After a year and a half of planning, our wedding and honeymoon are finally set. I've been scouring the Wednesday specials for almost a year now and ironically the Wednesday special before our final payment was due was the best I had seen by far. So we got our oceanview room at CN for the SR price and I can't wait. Never been to Couples, let alone Jamaica.

Been to Hawaii, Ixtapa, St. Martin, and the Bahamas. From my experience Hawaii was too commercial, Ixtapa was lush but no white sand beaches, St. Martin was too dry, and I was pretty young when I went to the Bahamas. How would you compare Negril to these places?

Also, I know my fiance, being 23, would like to go out at least one night. What bar/club do you recommend for a young party environment? I guess all signs are pointing to The Jungle on Thursday night. How is this club and do you have any other suggestions? Also, how safe is it out at clubs like this late at night/early in the morning?

1st - congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You'll love CN. There are many other people going to CN around that time (e.g. us) on the "meet up at Couples ->> meet up at Couples Negril" forum.

I would compare Negril very favorably to the places you listed. Beach sand is great, water very clear and (usually) very calm at CN's bloody bay, nice tropical foliage everywhere, wonderful food. But what gets most people is the Jamaican culture/attitude/vibe/ambiance.

For bar/club, I suppose it depends on what you mean by "young party environment" - mostly what music. The Jungle is probably good for energetic dancing. If you want more laid back reggae, Roots Bamboo, Alfred's, or others may be better. In any case, ask staff at CN - like the bartenders or guest relations - for their opinion.

Have a great trip.