Default Is a dinner jacket required at ANY CSS restaurants?

We went to Negril for our honeymoon last year and one restaurant at the resort required a jacket for the men at dinner.
    I just want to make sure that is not required at CSS. It would be one less thing to pack, if so.

Thanks!

Kruzn
    CSS- April 24 - 30, 2010

From the FAQs:

What is the dress code?

During the day normal summer and swimwear attire is appropriate.

Beach Grill:
    Swimwear is permitted.

Breakfast and Lunch:
    Swimwear must be dry and covered. No bare feet. Shorts / t-shirts / flip-flops are most common.

Evening:
    Gourmet restaurants and repeat guest dinners: Semi-Formal – summer or cocktail dress and sandals, or skirt and nice top for women. Dress pants, khakis, shirts with sleeves and collar and dress shoes for men. Jacket not required. (Elegant dress sandals are allowed). Jeans, shorts, sneakers, flip flops are not permitted.

Other restaurants:
    Resort Casual - shorts with a nice shirt/blouse and sandals are allowed.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

No... there are no jackets required... just a nice floral (hawaiian) button up shirt over khakis with closed toed shoes are all you need for Cassanova. For Pallazina and eating at the beach restaurant at nite same shirt with shorts (dressy/khaki) and nice leather or leather type sandals is what is normally worn there.

Thanks, Pamela for the quick response.
    I just wanted to make sure.

Kruzn
    CSS April 24 - 30, 2010

Where it states "Shirt with sleeves" Does this refer to long sleeved shirts, or are short sleeved shirts permitted?

The shirt required for men is a collared shirt. A good example would be a golf shirt or an hawaiian type shirt.

Thanks for all the info and quick replies!!
    I kinda figured that I would try to find out all I can before we go so we can just relax when we get there.

Kruzn
    CSS April 24- 30, 2010

Default Attire for dinner

If we wanted to dress up in formal attire would we be overdressed? In other words, what are people typically wearing at dinner at CSS?

Last year at CSS I saw a few 'shimmery' cocktail dresses, but all of the men were in Hawaiian type shirts and khakis or linen style shirt and pants. I'm sure if you wanted to wear a tux that would be fine, although remember even in the evening it is very warm and you will be sweating with any type of jacket on.

At CN & CTI my husband was comfortable wearing nice shorts to the less formal restaurants, but at CSS he felt more appropriately dressed in slacks each evening.

I on the other hand always wear a sundress in the evenings.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by KruznSusan View Post
    We went to Negril for our honeymoon last year and one restaurant at the resort required a jacket for the men at dinner.
    I just want to make sure that is not required at CSS. It would be one less thing to pack, if so.

Thanks!

Kruzn
    CSS- April 24 - 30, 2010
    ....You really don't want a jacket for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by D_Mcouple View Post
    Where it states "Shirt with sleeves" Does this refer to long sleeved shirts, or are short sleeved shirts permitted?
    ....SHORT Sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by ces32968 View Post
    If we wanted to dress up in formal attire would we be overdressed? In other words, what are people typically wearing at dinner at CSS?
    ....Keep in mind this IS the Tropics. For men, nice slacks and any button up collared shirt. This is the time, guys, to get out those Hawaiian Shirts!! Women, on the other hand, wore nice dresses most all of the time for dinners.