Thread: CSA vs. CTI

Default CSA vs. CTI

Hey everyone!!! Ok so 4 years ago, my boyfriend and I went to CSA and absolutely loved it. Now we are planning on going back but I am also looking into Tower Isle. Prices are basically the same. I am looking at beachfront verandah rooms for CSA and the 1 bedroom suite for CTI. Can anyone tell me what are the major differences between the 2 hotels (besides the nude sunbathing. I have no problems going back to CSA but just want a point of view from people who have been to CTI also. Thanks!!

is this a serious question ? assuming it is lets see
    1) csa is in negril CTI isnt
    2) csa has a tremendous beach CTI hardly any
    3) CTI has the island CSA is theonly couples resort to not have AN area
    4) csa is old school tropical rooms CTI is a miami art deco like high rise
    5) csa is spread out cti has the smallest footprint of the 4
    6)seriously CSA is about as polar opposite to CSA possible

If you fell in love with the beaches in Negril, you'll need to adjust your expectations when going to Ocho Rios. The sand is grittier and squishier than in Negril. That's what I'd say the major difference is - the beach.

Elaine: Thank you. I'm basically just looking to see from people that have been to CTI why they loved it so much versus why I enjoyed CSA. I am always one for trying new places.

Steve: Yes, it was a very serious question by the way.

We have been to both and loved them both. CSA was our first love, and we went to CTI this past October...

The biggest difference is the beach, and I was really expecting to miss the Negril beach, but I loved CTI's beach also. It's definitely smaller, and you can't walk the beach like in Negril, but we loved the privacy and it was sooooo quiet. Really nice.

Aside from that, CTI is more "Hotel-Like". Not any less nice, but CSA is winding paths with small buildings. CTI is one large building of rooms. CSA is more lush, tropical romantic. CTI is more South Beach Miami tropical.

The thing that we DID miss at CTI was CSA's sport's complex, although CTI has some nice tennis across the street.

The thing that really stood out at CTI was the staff. Hands down the best service we have received at any of the Couples resorts. (Stayed at 3, visited 1.)

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. And enjoy your trip no matter WHERE you go. (It's still Couples )

Ditto what Steverandlinda said. The only reasons to go to CTI are to experience a more hotel environment and go on the two excursions Dunn's River Falls and horseback riding. We've been to both and fell in love with CSA.

We've been to CSA 2X and tried CTI this year. We were pleasantly surprised as CTI (and Ochos Rios) is an awesome place. We're going to CSA this year, but I have to say, we will probably be back to CTI at some point in the future. LOVE the staff at CTI, (and CSA too). It is different than CSA, but we did not regret visiting CTI at all.

Thank you all! Yea, it's becoming a hard choice. I really do love CSA and we did enjoy our long walk down 7 mile beach. I definitely noticed from pictures that CTI has a much smaller beach and it more hotel like. Each one has it's positives. The excursions to Dunns River and the horseback riding really stand out to me, but I don't know if that's enough to sway me just yet.

Take a chance and go to CTI, I promise you will not regret it! Even though the beach is smaller at CTI, it is a private beach. So, only people staying at Couples are allowed on the beach. You can still walk the beach at night it just won't be 7 miles long .

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at CTI in 2007 and fell in love with it. We have gone back every year except in 2008 we went to CSS because of the renovations at CTI. CSS was amazing to but our heart belong to CTI. We will be going back this August for our 3 year anniversary, can't wait!

We have not been to the Negril side but judging by our experiences with CTI and CSS, you can't go wrong with any of the Couples Resorts. I think that each resort has it's own special feeling and features which makes them all unique.

If you are willing to try something different and like new experiences, I say go for it! What have you got to lose? You won't know the real answers to your thoughts and questions until you experience it for yourself.
    Brandi

Coconut Cutie: I believe you are right. Every resort is going to have it's own special touches. I guess it comes down to what we really are looking for. I will have to discuss with the boyfriend and see how he feels.

Whatever your decision is, I hope you guys have a wonderful vacation!
    Brandi

Not that I'd know, cuz I don't, having only been to SweptAway. But if you're looking to have a Jamaican experience different from your visit to SweptAway, you're on the right track.

I'm not going to be dismissive of any Couples property. Each of the four resorts stands on its own uniqueness, and strongly so, I might add. Its your vacation... you will have to work it out....
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

I don't know why people keep referring to CTI as a "high rise". it only has four floors in buildings three, four, five, 3 in building 2 and 2 in building one. To me that is not a "high rise". It is a more compact resort, it is more private. The beach is small, but private. The staff is incredible. That said, if you book CTI and you are really that unhappy there, you should know from COUPLES excellent service that they will take care of you.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by steveg52 View Post
    The only reasons to go to CTI are to experience a more hotel environment and go on the two excursions Dunn's River Falls and horseback riding.
    Good grief.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Good grief.
    I so agree Ron. There is so much more to CTI than the horseback riding and climbing the falls.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    I don't know why people keep referring to CTI as a "high rise". it only has four floors in buildings three, four, five, 3 in building 2 and 2 in building one.
    It's a high rise if you come from a town where the tallest building is two stories.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.