Default Total Newbie--Which is the most laid back?

Learning about the Couples Resorts and trying to figure out which is the most laid back. We are planning a trip for March and don't want any spring breakers, nude beaches, etc. Not judging at all--just our personal preference. We've been married for 30years and just want a nice, beautiful, luxurious resort. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by elisah View Post
    Learning about the Couples Resorts and trying to figure out which is the most laid back. We are planning a trip for March and don't want any spring breakers, nude beaches, etc. Not judging at all--just our personal preference. We've been married for 30years and just want a nice, beautiful, luxurious resort. Any tips?
    CSA is the only one of the four Couples resorts without an AN beach. Not saying this is the resort for you, but if staying at a place not featuring a nude beach ranks high on the importance scale, then CSA is worth looking into.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

I think CSA is laid back. I'm not sure about luxurious though. The beach is gorgeous and it has lots of bar and restaurant choices, but the decor is classic caribbean....lots of wood and white linens. Our trip to CSA was the most relaxing thing I have ever done. Good luck with your decision.

Try CSA.
    nobody's favorite poster

go to CTI, the AN area is on a separate Island and they just had a 30 million dollar renovation.

I think you can pick any of the Couples resorts based on your requirements.

"Laid back" is more about your state of being than the resort's atmosphere. They are all as laid back as you want to be.

Also, the AN areas are all separate enough at CN, CSS and CTI that they are easily avoided if you do not want to be a part of them in any way.

Find the Couples resort that calls to you and go with that. As many people will tell you, you can't make a bad choice.

ENJOY!!!

The only resort I wouldn't recommend would be CN. It's nude beach is part of the textile beach.

CSS is incredible and very relaxing. The nude beach is on a completely different cove from the textile beach and unless you know it is there and know how to get to it, you will never see it.

CSA doesn't have a nude beach at all. It is great for long strolls along the beach, but there are vendors that will stop you along the way as you stroll to try and sell you their wares.

CTI is a small hotel 'feel' to it. The nude section is on an island out in the ocean so you would never see anything unless you went over there. There is topless sunning on the pier. The beach is small and not great for long romantic walks on the beach.

I did forget to mention that CSS's beach is also small and not great for long walks.

I would say that it just depends on what you want out of your vacation, but I've given you a little bit of information to think about.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

They are all laid back and very nice. CN is the only one you will run into nude people.
    Irie Mon

CSA, no nude beach and it is AWESOME!

We've been to CSA and CN. We felt the most laid back was CSA, plenty to do if you want, but they appreciate that you might just want to hang out on the beach all day too. The restaurants have a slower pace to them (not in a bad way) but they aren't busy and pushy. The crowd at CN was a little younger when we were there and a little more of a spring break party atmosphere. We liked both, the focus at CN is the pool, that's where the bars are located. At CSA the focus is really on the beach and it's really spread out and nice. You can literally walk the whole 7 mile beach and enjoy the sights without running into much of nudity.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1963 View Post
    They are all laid back and very nice. CN is the only one you will run into nude people.
    You'll only run into nude people if you are hanging out at the ocean in front of building 9 at the far end of the resort. You make it sound like the AN people are walking the main beach and they are not.

I've been to CN and CSS and would recommend either of them for a laid back vacation.
    ... it keepsh me shane

We have only been to CSA but I think it is the best. lol I love the atrium suites there because they don't feel like a hotel so it seems more private and relaxed to me. Plus theya re so pretty. There is a sports complex but we never used it. We did a few activities like snorkeling, catamaran cruise and went out on some water bikes and hobie cats but mostly we just relaxed and hung out by the beach or pools. The beach is so big so it doesn't seem that crowded or too busy. Every once in a while there will be a topless sunbather but they aren't running around or anything. We loved it so much we are going back in paril for our honeymoon.