Default CN: how many swimsuits and what kind of evening wear?

Hi all,
    We are excited and patiently waiting for CN March 6-13!

Swimsuits - how many bathing suits do I need to bring? I've done 1 all inclusive before and had 2 suits, but it seemed most gals had a different suit every day!

My other question - what to wear for dinner and evenings; besides the formal Otaheite resto, what do most people wear for dinner at Cassava or Lychee for example? I am guessing some summer dresses, skirts, sandals for women and nice shorts and sandals for guys?

I am just gaging how much of and what sorts of things I should pack. While at an all inclusive before in Mexico, dinner wear was somewhat casual so I am curious about CN.

Cheers,
    Shantel

Bringing 2 or 3 bathing suits should be fine. Remember it takes more then 24 hours for a bathing suit to dry.
    What you said about what you wanted to bring to wear would be just fine. At Couples resorts expect to dress up a bit more then Mexico. Not to insult anyone who love going to Mexico, I said a bit more dressy @ Couples

3 bathing suits should be enough. If you're spending time on the AN beach you may be able to get away with 2 for the week. Your attire choices for dinner sound fine. Women can also get away with nice shorts or capris, paired with a nice blouse for dinner wear.

ENJOY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jolliette View Post
    Hi all,

Swimsuits - how many bathing suits do I need to bring? I've done 1 all inclusive before and had 2 suits, but it seemed most gals had a different suit every day!

My other question - what to wear for dinner and evenings; besides the formal Otaheite resto, what do most people wear for dinner at Cassava or Lychee for example? I am guessing some summer dresses, skirts, sandals for women and nice shorts and sandals for guys?

I am just gauging how much of and what sorts of things I should pack. While at an all inclusive before in Mexico, dinner wear was somewhat casual so I am curious about CN.

Cheers,
    Shantel
    1 bathing suit per day seems to work, you are on vacation and nothing perks up a new day like a new bathing suit
    evening wear dress to impress you can nver over dress but as many board vets will tell you ... you can certainly underdress
    imagine you are on 7 different first dates what would you wear ?
    probably something that is sexy that your man will appreciate
    it has been proven that the better you dress the more romantic the evening will be you can look that up enjoy

So Rosa and I each have 4 bathing suits for our 11 night stay - I take it that's sufficient?
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

# of suits all depends on your level of comfort with re-wearing. No one is going to make note of your suit or how often you wear it, so it's just a totally personal thing. I think what someone said above with keeping in mind it takes at least 24 hours to dry one is a good guide. I wear tankinis and tend to bring 3 bottoms and 3-4 tops for a week, unless it's a good year and I just happen to have more in my collection at the time. They don't take up much room. I think my husband usually brings 2 or three suits.

I took a bathing suit for every day so I had 7 suits. When we would change into evening wear, I would then change back into a suit I wore several days earlier that had finally dried for our evening dip in the pool and hot tub. Trust me, you can't have too many. It's nice to put on a clean/dry swimsuit every day and you can get some pretty neat ones at Target!

Default Dressing at CN

For our 7-day trip in 2008, I packed four different swimsuits and that seemed fine. I had one that I specifically wore for snorkeling each morning, then rotated the other three for the week. For the evenings, I bring along sundresses and mini skirts/tops to wear. Nothing super "fancy," but nice. It seems like that is what most other couples wear as well. there are a few couples who seem to really go all out, but I never felt underdressed in my more "casual" attire. The photo is of my & my hubby and our best friends before heading into Lychee for dinner, just to give you a better idea. Don't overpack!! You will honestly be in your swimsuit from breakfast until you change into your dinner clothes! Make sure you have one or two cover-ups to toss on during the day for eating breakfast and lunch (you won't need it for the beach grill, but will for Cavassa's buffets) and you'll be set!! Enjoy, CN is the bomb!! (we are heading there in April for our third trip home!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ron & Rosa, i would think that 4 was absolutely sufficient. If i were to have one for each day there, as previously said, i would have to have 14!! A few too many i would say!!

I brought 1 swimsuit for each day and was glad I did. You spend so much of your time in a swimsuit, it's nice to have variety! At CN, I saw lots of sundresses for the ladies. I brought more casual wear and wished I dressed up a bit more. After being in your suit all day, it's nice to dress up a bit.
    You're gonna love it!!!

I took 5 suits and my husband took 4 for 7 days. It was our first time so I wanted to have plenty. I could have gotten by with 3 or 4. I took sundresses for evening and my husband took nice shorts and tropical shirts and one pair of long pants. I don't know if CN has a restaurant like at CTI where your husband will need long pants and closed toe shoes, you may want to check so you are prepared.

have a great time!

0 - stay on the AN beach and you don't need to bring any.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Nice pic IrieDreaming; I will bring skirts and tops similar to what you are wearing. I think that's casual but pretty, and suits the style of the resort! I have a couple of summer dresses I will bring along as well.

Since I still only have 2 swimsuits I will definitely shop for some more. I would like to have at least 4.

My husband has only 1 swim outfit and thinks that's enough (typical guy ), but I will force him in to getting at least 2 more! I hadn't considered the drying time...

Default suits

I like to bring at least 5 swim suits and I usually get dresses on sale at Dillards after Christmas and new years. I enjoy wearing a pretty cocktail dress every night for dinner and my husband enjoys it as well.

Also a couple swim suits cover ups and at least 5 muscle type shirts for hubby during the day.

One pair of dressy sandals and one pair of flip flops for around the pool.

Long pants for him and a pair of deck shoes for him as well.
    Of course at least 5 button down shirts for him.

Thats about it!!!

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One Love,
    Mya

Quote Originally Posted by Lovjamaica View Post
    0 - stay on the AN beach and you don't need to bring any.
    I second that thought!!

Hi all,

Cheers,
    Shantel
    ....You will want at least 2. Or as many as you want to pack.

Hi all,

I am just gaging how much of and what sorts of things I should pack. While at an all inclusive before in Mexico, dinner wear was somewhat casual so I am curious about CN.

Cheers,
    Shantel
    ....I posted this on another tread, but applies here as well. The way I look at it, this is a "Romantic Getaway". And all of these are very nice restaurants. What would you consider appropriate attire for a romantic date at a nice restaurant? Women did tend to dress up in the evening. Keep in mind that this IS the Tropics though. Note that no one (male) is going to wear a jacket anywhere, but do dress nice.

If you are bringing less swimsuits than the number of days you are staying, then bring some Woolite or something similar to rinse out the suits in. They can be a bit rank even after only one day of wearing them. We have tried in the past to just rinse out the suits with water, but they still have an odor to them so we use a bit of Woolite and it really helps.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

After seeing this thread, I decided to get out my swimsuits and see just how many I REALLY am bringing to CN in just 20 more sleeps? Well...I have 5 bikinis and 3 tankinis...that works out pretty good considering we will be there for 8 days. I personally, do NOT like to put a wet bathing suit on and I prefer to wear tankinis while snorkeling which we hope to do every day.

One question...are "wraps" acceptable over bathing suits & considered cover-ups for restaurants???

Having been to several A.I. but never a Couples Resort until now, my dinner attire typically consists of nice capris with a really nice top - something dressy & a little "bare". However, I did purchase a little black sundress & heels in order to step it up a notch one night for this trip. You know...getting in the romance & couples mode. I always bring a white cotton, button down, short sleeve sweater for cooler evenings.

warmweatherfriend; I think wraps and pareos will be good for breakfast and lunch. For dinner it will probably be best to change into a dress, skirt or something else... especially that black dress you talked about!

I too will bring a dress when we try Otaheite one evening, and for the other evenings I think I will bring nice shirts, skirts and simple summer dresses.

I have been suit shopping, and plan to buy 2 or 3, so I will have 5 for a 1 week vacation!

I bring one bikini for everyday but my significant other insists I only wear chanel number 5 in the evening!!!!!!!! ;-))))

I personally bring one bathing suit for each day of the vacation. It feels great to get into a fresh, clean suit every day, and the variety (eye candy for the hubby) lends an interesting, romantic touch to the vacation. Each day he anticipates seeing which bikini I will wear!

And to those on previous posts who are concerned about not being a size 2...I wish I had the curves! Be proud of who you are! Honestly, no one cares what you look like in a bathing suit- wear what you are comfortable in.

Go AN beach and don't take any swimwear !!!

As for the evenings - my daughter who has holidayed a lot in Mexico said to take casual clothes & flip flops - however she knew I would take no notice and took my 5/6 inch stillettos and dress-up dresses and I'm soooo glad I did, as most people (well the females) did dress up - it's one part of my holiday I really enjot getting dressed up to go out in the evenings - we were at CN in September last year and are going to try CTI this year - hope it lives up to CN!

ENJOY!

Alipet (UK).