Default dress question for brides who were married on beach

I Feel like I'm never going to find a dress! Thought it would be fun to go dress shopping, and at first it was, but .. I think I'm being too picky or something but I just don't feel like any dress is "the one".

anyway, my question is, for those of you who had a long dress that swept the ground, or had a small train, was it a hassle? some of the dresses I try on are pretty but I kind of can't imagine dragging a dress around down the steps at CSS/over the sand/lawn etc.

I've tried on a couple of tea-length dresses that were very pretty, I dont' feel as glamorous in them, but I think they have a more beachy feel... more like I can see myself hanging out in the dress with ease...

anyone who has been-there-done-that.... is dress length important.. would you do it differently?

help! 4 mo to go and no dress yet!

I wore a mermaid type of gown (it was fitted to my hips then it flared out) with a chapel length train. It was not the "beach dress" I wanted but fell in love it and had to have it. The train or the fitting wasn't a problem at all on the beach. I had a the option to put the train up but I never did, I just carried it when I needed too.

It's all in what you fall in love with...then it all works out.

Firebrand

LOL i went through the same thing. I first asked my fiance his advice about what he pictured me in on our wedding day. He said because of the beach he pictured me in a short gown. So i found one and bought it. Then after seeing many pictures of weddings on the beach i decided i wanted a long gown. So i went and bought one. So needless to say i have 2 nice gowns. I figured i could wear one for the ceremony and then change into the short one for dinner that evening, Maybe even do a trash the dress photo shoot. Try looking at some bridal consignment shops u would be surprised what you can find there. Hope this helps.

Default Re

I found mine at Nordstroms.com. It is long, but light and beachy material---still looks classy.

Good Luck!

I also tried the shorter length dresses but it just did not feel like a wedding dress. Other dresses just seemed to heavy. I went with a light flowy floor length dress that was hemmed to just cover my bare feet. I bought it from Davids and I just love this dress. It was perfect, it did not get in my way. You will know when you find the one, it will just feel right. Sorta like how your future husband feels.

http://www.mywedding.com/jessicaands...ver/index.html

Firebrand,

I wanted a non-traditional wedding in the caribbean with traditional elements. I wore a Lasposa gown, sweatheart neckline and no beading. It was long with a shorter train that I could bustle. It worked out perfectly. You can definitely wear a longer gown, but I would recommend making sure it's not to heavy (it gets so hot) and bustling the train. Good luck!

I also wanted a non traditional wedding but wanted a traditional wedding dress. You could always look for a long dress that is very light. That's what I ended up doing. I searched high and low online but ended up getting my dress from a boutique store in Los Angeles.

Why don't you consider a frankenstein dress: what I mean is getting pictures of elements of dresses you like and having a dress made just for you with all the elements you want, I have a seamstress in Central Florida who makes dresses for me doing this and you even get to pick out the fabric you wanted use.... Try etsy.com to find someone who can make for you.

Firebrand- Congrats on your wedding! My fiance and I are planning to get married 5/14/11 (early planning) @ CSA. I attached my dress that I picked out. We are going to be barefoot on the beach. Try Maggie Sottero and her Destination Collection if you want a beachy feeling light dress with the traditional dress you imagine. Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by RB5.14.11 View Post
    Firebrand- Congrats on your wedding! My fiance and I are planning to get married 5/14/11 (early planning) @ CSA. I attached my dress that I picked out. We are going to be barefoot on the beach. Try Maggie Sottero and her Destination Collection if you want a beachy feeling light dress with the traditional dress you imagine. Good luck!

What a beautiful dress. I love Maggie Sottero and plan on purchasing one of her gowns. I don't recognize that dress its beautiful is it a Maggie as well.

Thank you sunstarsmoon. You should put up your dress on here whenever you pick one! It is a Maggie gown. You can find it on her website in the Destinations section. I love her.

Default wedding gown

I wore a hi-low dress which is just that high in front low in the back
    was an alferd angelo and sooo many people on resort told me what a beautiful gown it was!!!!!
    we were married in march 09 CSS
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RB5.14.11

I sure will post it when I buy it. I have an ever growing list of her dresses that I must try on.

Quote Originally Posted by sunstarsmoon View Post
    RB5.14.11

I sure will post it when I buy it. I have an ever growing list of her dresses that I must try on.
    Enjoy every second trying on each dress. It's such a fun time in your life! I had a blast trying on dresses with my mom. Great memories... Have fun!!

Is there a certain fabric that is better than others for the Jamacian beach? Not as hot, won't show sweat, travels easy, etc...

Should I even be worried about this?
    Which fabrics work well, and which should I stay a way from?? Any ideas??

Thanks

I would think chiffon would be cooler and lighter, thats what I am going for