Default newbie questions: surfing, airport and wedding guests

Hi everyone
    New here and trying to plan an intimate wedding/honeymoon at CN. I want my family to come (6 people), but not sure that they will due to the expensive room and flight costs. Does anyone know if there are off site places near by that they could stay at for 3 days. (it may not be worth the hassel since I would have to buy day passes for all of them)Safety and convienience are my major concerns.

Also wondering what the ocean is like at CN. Can we surf? Are there surf board rentals avalible?

Last question. Where do most people flying in for the CN resort fly into? Kingston or Montego Bay?

No surfing in Jamaica. Montego bay is where Couples run the free transport from. Sorry can't help on the out side accomodation but I'm sure others will be able to help.

"Also wondering what the ocean is like at CN. Can we surf? Are there surf board rentals avalible? "

No - it's a Bay, not the ocean. And it's very calm, There are places in Jamaica that people surf, occaisonally - but not in Negril

You fly into Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay.

Negril is on the west side of Jamaica. Most of the weather in the Caribbean moves from East to West, so the water on the west side is very, very calm. Especially at CN, which is in a bay. I've never seen any surf board rentals in the Negril area.

Quote Originally Posted by rleo View Post
    Hi everyone
    New here and trying to plan an intimate wedding/honeymoon at CN. I want my family to come (6 people), but not sure that they will due to the expensive room and flight costs. Does anyone know if there are off site places near by that they could stay at for 3 days. (it may not be worth the hassel since I would have to buy day passes for all of them)Safety and convenience are my major concerns.

Also wondering what the ocean is like at CN. Can we surf? Are there surf board rentals available?

Last question. Where do most people flying in for the CN resort fly into? Kingston or Montego Bay?
    .....(1) There are resorts on each side of CN, including 1 that allows kids or singles. Don't think you'll save any money though.

(2) CN is in a cove. Think water like a lake. No serf. But Sail Boards are included in your price.

(3) You will fly into Montego Bay.

Default surfing

you can surf in jamaica, but you would have to go to the other side of the island, its no short drive either. The waves are decent down there, but there is no surf at couples!! ALthough last year when i stayed at CSS there were ridable waves that i saw on the way to the falls and some small breakers out past the the reef at the resort, but you wont find a board to use. You can go wakeboarding its included in the cost, although at CSS the board was crap and the bindings were broken, but i still went everyday, they dont let you go long though maybe 15 minutes. They had a kneeboard also but that was junk as well. You will love the resort and couples is awesome we go back in april to CSA, maybe they will have better equipment this year!

Default Thanks for all of the advice

What a great message board and wonderful contributers. Thanks for all of the help!