Default Dunns River Falls

I understand that after you do the Dunns River Falls tour that your have to exit through a gauntlet of vendors and pan handlers, which I hear are rather agressive. Is it possible to avoid this or do you have to exit through them?

At avoid the gauntlet of vendors and pan handlers to exit to your left to the parking lot. The vendors will yell that your going the wrong way, just ignore them. If you go thru them (the Craft Village) you will be soryy you did. That village is one of the main things that give Jamaica a bad reputation.
    You will actually be exiting at the main entrance to Dunns River Falls

There is a way to avoid them, but I don't remember how. (It has been several years since our visit.) Ask your driver how to exit without going through the crafts market. He can tell you what to do.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

There's no way around it but if you don't talk to them or give them your name it's not too bad.

Default Dunn,s River Falls

We were at Dunn River Falls Jan.24th and really enjoyed it. You are not harassed by vendor unless you go into the vendor area's that you can avoid if you want. If you are asked to buy something, just say no thanks and keep walking. Enjoy yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Richli2 View Post
    At avoid the gauntlet of vendors and pan handlers to exit to your left to the parking lot. The vendors will yell that your going the wrong way, just ignore them. If you go thru them (the Craft Village) you will be soryy you did. That village is one of the main things that give Jamaica a bad reputation.
    You will actually be exiting at the main entrance to Dunns River Falls
    So as soon as you see them go left?

Either go back in the way you came (you'll be yelled to and told that the only way out is the craft market) or go through, be polite but firm in saying no thanks, and just keep walking. Vendors will come up to you and try to put jewelry on you (or your wife), ask your name or where you're from, etc. It sounds rude, but just say no thanks, even to "what's your name" or "where are you from?" Everything in there is a sales pitch. It's very very unpleasant, but you can get through (or around) it.

I like Richli2s way to avoid the vendors. The one and only time we went to the falls, the guy who lead the group (one of us) walked very quickly through the shop without slowing down one bit. We all followed without anyone stopping. So my suggestion is: if you don't want to buy or be haggled, be first in line look straight and just keep walking. Whenever someone in the group stops everyone behind that person has to stop. There isn't much room to go around. Do not bring any valuables, either there is no place to store them and you can't expect the guide or the bus driver to watch them for you. They are not resort employees. We also brought our own water shoes, (goofy huh?) you can rent them but you have to bring money. Have a great time.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by doncindy View Post
    I like Richli2s way to avoid the vendors. The one and only time we went to the falls, the guy who lead the group (one of us) walked very quickly through the shop without slowing down one bit. We all followed without anyone stopping. So my suggestion is: if you don't want to buy or be haggled, be first in line look straight and just keep walking. Whenever someone in the group stops everyone behind that person has to stop. There isn't much room to go around. Do not bring any valuables, either there is no place to store them and you can't expect the guide or the bus driver to watch them for you. They are not resort employees. We also brought our own water shoes, (goofy huh?) you can rent them but you have to bring money. Have a great time.
    Don
    Sorry I forgot to mention to bring some money to tip both the driver and the guide. I don't remember how much, so can someone help out on that? Thanks.